[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to be in Seattle next weekend

giggity

This goes out to any of the Seattle area huddlers out there.

So I will be in Seattle next weekend 10/14-10/16. I was thinking about trying to catch the Huskies football game Saturday afternoon. Do they allow ticket scalping down by the stadium? Is that the best way to get a single ticket? Where do I wanna sit?

Also, anyplace that is a must go to for some good eats in Seattle? Anything else I need to check out while I'm there?

Sounders last regular season MLS home game.

This. Awsome stadium and one of the coolest sport experiences on the continent. There will be 35k + people there. You'll have to probably get a ticket from a scalper. I have always gotten leftover tix for Husky games. So not sure how to best obtain those.

Don't ride the duck. Scalping at the UW game shouldn't be a problem. Scalpers aren't as easy to find as they are at pro games, but they out there. As for restaurants, Seattle is turning into a steakhouse city, but downtown or near the waterfront there are dozens of hole-in-the-wall Seafood restaurants that are fantastic and very reasonable. Let me know if that is your thing, and I'll get you some names.

Sounders game was the single best sporting experience of my life.

Just saying; my wife had a great time and she doesn't understand or enjoy soccer.

Some things out of town people have enjoyed are...

EMP/SF museum

Space Needle

Gameworks

Seattle Aquarium

Kinda depends on what you are into I guess.

Also Huskies suck. :wacko:

You guys must have a sad sack of a City if an MLS game is the pinnacle.

I view Seattle as being all about the music and seafood.

However, if one isn't interested in those two things or the more interesting cultural outings.... then I would say that the Sounders is probably the best bet for the sports minded.

In all seriousness I was there 9 years ago and loved everything about the city. It was December and even the weather was great. If it didn't rain so much I'd say I could easily live there. One of the coolest and most laid-back places I've even visited, and obviously the music scene is incredible.

Ride the monorail around the city with a sad look on your face, sipping coffee. Bring a notebook and occasionally write song lyrics in it.

:wacko:

And Husky games are fun to and up there with the buzz at Hawk games at Qwest. But, there is nowhere in America I'm aware of that has the unique soccer experience that Seattle offers.

ETA: Giggity, if you're into sports I'd do Husky game in the afternoon then the soccer game. Should have great weather this weekend.

Edited by bushwacked

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I am a hugh college FF fan. And my Buckeyes suck right now, so I am used to watching bad football :wacko:

I might just have to try to do the Huskies in the afternoon and the Sounders that night. Sounds like it could be a great time.

This. Awsome stadium and one of the coolest sport experiences on the continent. There will be 35k + 64K+ people there. You'll have to probably get a ticket from a scalper. I have always gotten leftover tix for Husky games. So not sure how to best obtain those.

Hope you made it to at least one of the games giggity, Huskies drub Colorado and the Sounders comeback win with 2 goals in final 10 minutes had to be epic in that setting.

Edited by bushwacked

So I made it to the Sounders game Saturday night. All I can say is WOW :wacko:

64,000 people at a soccer game... I had no idea such a thing existed in the US. I had an amazing time. The crowd was insane. It was the final home regular season game for Kasey Keller who has been an all star goalie for 20 years. I picked a perfect night to be in Seattle! The game was very exciting and the comeback at the end was just crazy. There was one point about 75 minutes in where Keller made 4 saves in about 10 seconds. The crowd went nuts for a solid 5 minutes after that.

I even stayed for the celebration after the game for Keller. They brought out a hugh stage and gave him a bunch of gifts. Then Drew Carey (part owner of the team) drove out on an ATV and another guy came out on a motorcycle both of which were gifts for Keller. It was pretty cool to see.

Definitely enjoyed Seattle.

Pictures from the Sounders game

Awesome, did you go to the Husky game also?

I can't get the link to work but maybe I need to login to picasa?

Try it now. I forgot to unlock the album.

I didn't make it to the Huskies game. But the Sounders game more than made up for that.

Edited by giggity

Cool, glad you went. It's hard to convince people how much fun those games are to watch live and Saturday was ultra special.

Took my son to a game earlier this year, and he's absolutely hooked.

I caught the soccer ghey and am trying to spread it. :wacko:

Serious question here - what makes these games so fun? Is it purely the game action?

I do watch soccer a bit of Premier league and champions league games but can't see myself enjoying a game of MLS???

Ask giggity.

They play at Qwest, which is already known as one of the premier and loudest outdoor stadiums. Why the game action is fast and entertaining, to me it's the atmosphere. Seattle has more than your average proportion of soccer fans to, I'd guess, Columbus Ohio.

To a casual fan I was completely taken aback at the first game. Almost like going to a Catholic ceremony and wondering what everyone is doing and saying. Fans are into every bit of the action and it immediately becomes infectious. Everyone is standing the entire match and the crazies on the north end of the field are continually chanting. It feels like what I'd expect a game in England to feel like.