[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vernon Davis non-existent

robert terni

Hence the preceived value being low. He's currently around the 14th TE, +/- in FF ppw, but he's lumped in a group of about 9 TEs who all put up comparable FF numbers, and that group sits outside the top 7 TEs. Of that group, this guy has the wow-factor that the other 7 in his grouping don't, and has the greatest probability of moving up into the top 7 TEs of that bunch, IMO.

Sleep on him right now in dynasty leagues at your own risk.

The only WOW factor he has is his ability to block

davis came into the league as a good blocker. many of us here wondered why he was drafted so early to not be as involved. quick look showed that he was being held in there to run block and pass protect. a couple of years later. when the o-line got a little better they were able to let him loose a bit. unfortunately for us davis owners, their current offensive scheme is working. my guess is that they expand their passing game more in years to come.

Wait, so blocking is a bad thing for a TE to master?

Perhaps it will keep him all the field in all downs and situations in the future? I'm not seeing a long term downside to what he's learning right now, but rather a way to earn increased opportunities.

He may be the best blocking TE in football, but that's not gonna score me any fantasy points.

Wait, so blocking is a bad thing for a TE to master?

Perhaps it will keep him all the field in all downs and situations in the future? I'm not seeing a long term downside to what he's learning right now, but rather a way to earn increased opportunities.

you're right, of course. -but a couple more targets would be nice.

Hence the preceived value being low. He's currently around the 14th TE, +/- in FF ppw, but he's lumped in a group of about 9 TEs who all put up comparable FF numbers, and that group sits outside the top 7 TEs. Of that group, this guy has the wow-factor that the other 7 in his grouping don't, and has the greatest probability of moving up into the top 7 TEs of that bunch, IMO.

Sleep on him right now in dynasty leagues at your own risk.

I'm not sleeping on him. He's my weekly starter. I'm waiting week after week for Harbaugh to wake up and use him. My other two options aren't great yet either in Gresham and Kendricks. Too bad potential alone didn't win fantasy championships.

Had him on my team for a few years (5 man keeper) and almst kept him this year. He seemed to do better when the 49ers were not good, getting lots of looks in the passing game as they tried to stay in it. Now with an improved defense and Gore continuing to dominate he just doesn't seem to be as invovled. Top 10-15 seems about right going forward. I suppose that makes him worth starting and even part of a dynasty team.

BB I don't get the Josh Johnson FA part you mention. Is he expected to be some sort of top FA QB that will help a team in need of QB (like Kolb was this year)? Honestly I had to look him up to see who he was.