[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Tebowmania time!

BeerLeagueQB

Let's just see how the season rolls. With this move, they better stick to Tebow going forward.

I hope you realize that, with very few exceptions, you won't be able to say "I told you so" if Tebow ends up stinking up the joint. Again, the battle cry, at least from most people I've talked to (Turf Smurf being the very notable exception) has been "We suck, let's see if Tebow is any good so we know if we need to start over at QB!"

So, if Tebow turns out to be great, they win. If he sucks, they win. Because then they would have gotten something out of the season. They'll either have found their QB of the future or know for sure that he's not on the squad right now.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you realize that, with very few exceptions, you won't be able to say "I told you so" if Tebow ends up stinking up the joint. Again, the battle cry, at least from most people I've talked to (Turf Smurf being the very notable exception) has been "We suck, let's see if Tebow is any good so we know if we need to start over at QB!"

So, if Tebow turns out to be great, they win. If he sucks, they win. Because then they would have gotten something out of the season. They'll either have found their QB of the future or know for sure that he's not on the squad right now.

This is exactly the point. What is the harm at this point. He does well...GREAT. He doesn't...no harm no foul. They know they need to add another QB for their future.

He may be great. He may stink. Who knows. Now let's see what happens.

And we'll agree to disagree on the 2nd paragraph.

Locker room morale?

Re-read what I said. I said that prior to yesterday, it would have been bad for locker-room morale to pull Orton for the guy who hadn't won the job. That changed yesterday, and NOBODY disagrees with the move to bench Orton after the way he's been playing.

And yes, there wouldn't be a thread about this if his name wasn't Tebow, because he'd be just another guy who got the starting gig because the starter sucked. He hasn't proven he's the answer, however....

Re-read what I said. I said that prior to yesterday, it would have been bad for locker-room morale to pull Orton for the guy who hadn't won the job. That changed yesterday, and NOBODY disagrees with the move to bench Orton after the way he's been playing.

And yes, there wouldn't be a thread about this if his name wasn't Tebow, because he'd be just another guy who got the starting gig because the starter sucked. He hasn't proven he's the answer, however....

I think everyone agrees with that. To me that is why you start him and see what you have. So if you are Denver you can say, on some level, we have our future QB or we don't.

With a bye week followed by the hapless Dolphins minus their starting Q.B., Tebow could not be set up for better for a successful start.

My take on Tebow as a passer is that he sucks plain and simple. When his passes are not late they are into double coverage, short, or too high. He has terrible accuracy. Frankly I do not buy that his throw to Lloyd was an intentional back shoulder throw. It was simply behind his intended target as many of his throws are.

I do note that my main worry with him is not his accuracy. My main worry is that he is incapable of running any game plan. He breaks from the play to run or to scrambe. this means his team mates do not know what he is doing nor where he is. That leads to injuries for team mates. Also it makes it impossible for a coordinator to set up plays. How do you create tendancies and give looks to set something up when those set up plays are unlikely to be run?

All that detractor talk now out of the way I do believe in the concept of a gamer. I say let's see what we have here. Let the kid play, its time. Maybe he has the intangibles to be a winner. His work ethic seems more than solid. Give him a chance and know what he is before the next draft. Maybe he is the next Billy Kilmer.

With a bye week followed by the hapless Dolphins minus their starting Q.B., Tebow could not be set up for better for a successful start.

My take on Tebow as a passer is that he sucks plain and simple. When his passes are not late they are into double coverage, short, or too high. He has terrible accuracy. Frankly I do not buy that his throw to Lloyd was an intentional back shoulder throw. It was simply behind his intended target as many of his throws are.

I do note that my main worry with him is not his accuracy. My main worry is that he is incapable of running any game plan. He breaks from the play to run or to scrambe. this means his team mates do not know what he is doing nor where he is. That leads to injuries for team mates. Also it makes it impossible for a coordinator to set up plays. How do you create tendancies and give looks to set something up when those set up plays are unlikely to be run?

All that detractor talk now out of the way I do believe in the concept of a gamer. I say let's see what we have here. Let the kid play, its time. Maybe he has the intangibles to be a winner. His work ethic seems more than solid. Give him a chance and know what he is before the next draft. Maybe he is the next Billy Kilmer.

Not to mention that Miami is having a U of F 2009(?) Natl. Champs reunion day when the Broncos come to town. So they're basically throwing a homecoming game for the opposing team's QB. Only, before now, it was the opposing team's back up QB