[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GB/ATL game thread

BeeR

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding...11 different players with a catch and no one with more than 4 yet Rodgers is closing on 300 yards passing.

I'd be pretty comfortable with Jennings and Finley penciled in as starters, they usually get theirs.

The rest of them - particularly Nelson and Jones, and the two RBs - are more "in case of emergency break glass."

I'm pretty sure you've mixed me up with someone who gives a f**k.

Hmm, how about "remember when the Lions beat the crap outta the Bears tomorrow night? That was awesome."

I'm currently a fan of "hey, they called timeout - let's allow 4 seconds of play to elapse and almost get a hit on the QB before we blow the whistle."

This crew is TERRIBLE.

Serious question - I wonder how you beat GB this year. What's it going to take? Someone better figure it out or they are going to repeat.

Yup. These guys have looked more elite than everyone else for numerous games in a row now. No matter how much Chavez is whining. :wacko:

I'm currently a fan of "hey, they called timeout - let's allow 4 seconds of play to elapse and almost get a hit on the QB before we blow the whistle."

This crew is TERRIBLE.

They did blow the whistle. You could hear before they snapped it. Crowd noise was probably too much on field

Serious question - I wonder how you beat GB this year. What's it going to take? Someone better figure it out or they are going to repeat.

You need a D that can generate pressure with just its front four, so you can drop 7 into coverage. You need to go at LEAST 3 deep on good CBs, and fast LBs.

On top of that, you need an offense that can score, because it seems like even a GOOD defense isn't really going to slow them down.

I think basically, a team needs to hope GB "kills themselves in the foot" and that said team is good enough to take advantage of their mistakes.

Yup. These guys have looked more elite than everyone else for numerous games in a row now. No matter how much Chavez is whining. :tup:

I'm not whining about the team; my whining has been the "control to the ground" rule is stupid (even though it was in GB's favor) and that Triplette's crew is terrible.

Tell me I'm wrong on either. :wacko:

You need a D that can generate pressure with just its front four, so you can drop 7 into coverage. You need to go at LEAST 3 deep on good CBs, and fast LBs.

On top of that, you need an offense that can score, because it seems like even a GOOD defense isn't really going to slow them down.

I think basically, a team needs to hope GB "kills themselves in the foot" and that said team is good enough to take advantage of their mistakes.

Yep - 400 yards passing, 55 yards rushing...

Atlanta's bye can't come soon enough. What is wrong with this team? GB is definitely a superior opponent and Atlanta's defense is outclassed, but Atlanta's offense has been listless and looks like they had no plan after GB's adjustments. Is it the coaching? Matt Ryan?

Roddy definitely needs the time off to heal up - he's half the player he was last year.