[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GB/ATL game thread

BeeR

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I wonder how pissed Roddy White is... Thats twice in a row that team you're better than has walked into your house and beat you.

Both times they spotted Atlanta an early lead too.

I don't think they ever were. Matt Ryan is not a great quarterback. Heck, earlier in the 2010 season ATL barely beat GB in ATL. The difference was a rare ARod fumble on the goal line.

:wacko: I drafted him in 6th round in one league thinking I was getting good value. Yeah, he had the one 4td game, but he is so inconsistent. I left QBs like Eli Manning on the Board. As far as the Packers, they might not lose a game this year unless they beat themselves...so far it hasn't happened.

As far as the Packers, they might not lose a game this year unless they beat themselves...so far it hasn't happened.

They're beatable. The defense is not the same without Nick Collins. He's not Ed Reed, but he's the Packers Eraser. The pass rush from the outside isn't there either. Clay Matthews isn't playing like an elite player. I get that he's getting double teamed, but DeMarcus Ware is as well, and he's still beating everyone. The other outside LB, Erik Walden isn't getting it done. maybe that changes when Zombo is ready to go.

Tramon Williams is getting healthier, and will get better week to week, but Shields is still learning and Woodson is very beatable.

I wonder what Tauscher is doing right now? Has he been working out? Is his phone ringing?

I'm hoping for uneventful games the next two weeks. Play to form, no injuries, and into the bye with Bulaga back, Neal back, Woodson, Williams, and Matthews getting healthier and coming out of the bye completely healthy, and with good news on Clifton. The team is poised for some great things.

Question, I heard Al Micheals suggest that Nick Collins has not been put on I.R. because the Packers are holding out hope of his return in the playoffs. Was that wild and unfounded speculation, or did I miss some news?

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Just got back from the game. Early on, I though the Falcons figured out the Packers :wacko: But the Packers held on to win, no thanks to Finley's drops. :tup:

Some of the blocking had to do with the reshuffling of the line after Clifton's injury. Any word on that yet?

Question, I heard Al Micheals suggest that Nick Collins has not been put on I.R. because the Packers are holding out hope of his return in the playoffs. Was that wild and unfounded speculation, or did I miss some news?

Sounds like unfounded speculation. Best case is 6 months minimum just to see if he could even play again after the surgery.

They're beatable.

Yes of course they are beatable, but Rodgers has completely morphed himself out of the guy who can work an elite system to the guy who can carry a lesser team to a championship. Dude is the best player in the NFL with all due respect to Tom Brady and Drew Brees.

Great game by the packers to overcome a 14-0 hole and losing ANOTHER starting tackle. Newhouse has done well, and despite being flipped to teh left side for Clifton after playing RT for the last few games. Sherrod did "ok" at best. using teh TEs to chip definetely helped, and Kuhn will get a lot of PT blocking next week.

In Atlantas defense, I think they were starting a backup center and a guard got hurt during the game (did Reynolds come back?).

First two series Matt ryan looked like a freakin genius with the audibles and play calls. Then the rest of the game his audibles were for crap. He just cant go through his progressions quicky enough and focuses on Roddy/Tony G WAY too much.

Also I have no idea why the ATL linebackers are so aggressive after the run. You are playing the PACKERS. Maybe a little more nickel coverage is in order?

How to beat the Packers? Dont abandon the run and control the clock. Do a lot of stunts and blitzes to confuse the backup Olinemen and get to Rodgers. And pray, dont forget to pray. I would also do some aggressive press coverage to knock the receivers off their timing routes.

Great game by the packers to overcome a 14-0 hole and losing ANOTHER starting tackle. Newhouse has done well, and despite being flipped to teh left side for Clifton after playing RT for the last few games. Sherrod did "ok" at best. using teh TEs to chip definetely helped, and Kuhn will get a lot of PT blocking next week.

In Atlantas defense, I think they were starting a backup center and a guard got hurt during the game (did Reynolds come back?).

First two series Matt ryan looked like a freakin genius with the audibles and play calls. Then the rest of the game his audibles were for crap. He just cant go through his progressions quicky enough and focuses on Roddy/Tony G WAY too much.

Also I have no idea why the ATL linebackers are so aggressive after the run. You are playing the PACKERS. Maybe a little more nickel coverage is in order?

How to beat the Packers? Dont abandon the run and control the clock. Do a lot of stunts and blitzes to confuse the backup Olinemen and get to Rodgers. And pray, dont forget to pray. I would also do some aggressive press coverage to knock the receivers off their timing routes.

As a Falcon fan, I'm used to the questionable play-calling, the personnel issues, but the thing that's so dissapointing is when they get all Jekyll & Hyde like this... Typically it's in the second half or 4th quarters when they rebound from mistakes and rally a comeback, but in this game where you couldn't let up, they seemed to just give up and let up from the early gameplan... Things like the screens to counteract the pressure are simple things they can do well, but once again abandoned what was working.

It may be time to start getting concerned about Ryan... Not so much about his weekly potential with those targets, but undoubtedly his consistency. You're absolutely right BP, that he's still trying to force the ball despite having ample targets out there to not have to.... Of course the O-line play isn't giving him the time to really pick defenses apart, but usually enough time to make the correct read. His development has become stagnant in many respects.

I still think there were some good parts of the game that the Falcons can hang their hat on from last night, but you can only hold that Green Bay O back for so long before you have to play 4 quarters and finish the job yourself. Julio should have been a big part in helping do that, but that missing piece isn't gonna help if your other pieces go missing.

Sounds like unfounded speculation. Best case is 6 months minimum just to see if he could even play again after the surgery.

The local buzz on that is GB didn't really need the roster spot, so they didn't bother making the move.