[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Own A Piece Of The Packers

baddfish2

They screwed up a bit in 1997/1998. They waited to sell the stocks until the after they lost the SB.

I bought one back then. I'm happy with it.

I would think there will be a lot of interest in this.

Most if not all stock was sold prior to that SB in January 1998.

And I bought one share too.

• 1 month later...

Now for a limited time only, MikesVikes is selling shares of stock . I'm thinking round numbers of 1000 shares at only $100 per share. Huddlers of course, will have first priority. Act now before this offer is over. Shares have no value and you get no ownership rights.

Fairly worthless paper. You can't sell it and it pays no dividends. Just buy another jersey, etc. At least you get something other than a memento.

+1..From what I understand this is no different than other franchises selling bricks that are going to be a part of the new stadium.

Kind of like buying bottled water. You know it's only filtered tap water, but you get to keep the plastic bottle it came in.

Or paying into a medium to big money fantasy league. You get the fake ownership rights to a team that will most likely earn you no return. Or a free league where you invest countless hours (time is money) into a no return on investment hobby.

Or getting voted into the Fantasy Football writer's Hall of Fame. Sure, it's all about made up nothingness, and all your work is obsolete as soon as you write it... but you are the cream of the nothingness crop.

Or paying $100+ a month for 400 cable channels you'll never watch. Or $100+ a month on cell phone service... for a phone. You know... a phone.

Or spending $60 on a PPV Mike Tyson fight. 90 seconds and it's over. What did I just pay for?

The list is nearly endless on stupid crap we spend time or money on.

I honestly don't understand why people would "max out" and buy as many shares as they can buy - that kind of thing - for this idea. I get the thought of owning a share or two, something like that, to say you are "an owner," but a bunch of shares? Seriously, what is the point? Thousands of dollars just for the right to pretend you are an owner?

Does this have anything to do with drinking paint thinner for breakfast on game days? :wacko:

• 5 weeks later...