[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Under The Numbers

JUMbotron

Amazingly, the Vikings fans were booing Donovan McNabb for an incompletion in the 1st quarter – with the score 21-0.

Jumbo - here is how sad McNabb is (completions): When the score was 14-0, he was 0 for 3, When the score was 21-0, he was 1 for 2, When the score was 28-0, he was 1 for 1 for a total of 2 for 6 in the 1st qtr. When we got the ball back in the second qtr, he went 0-2 and on the next drive, 0 for 2 and than 2 for 2 on the final drive, but coaches decided to let the clock run out because they did not want to risk an interception or giving Arizona momentum going into the half. Usually do that with a rookie QB and not an experienced veteran. McNabb was 4 for 12 in the 1st half. He went on to complete 6 more passes in the second half and score 3 points. We were lucky that our defense came out to play this week or I believe we probably would have lost this game in the second half again. Sorry, but I just need to rant...Its been a while since I have been this frustrated with the team. I think Vikings fans have every right to boo him. They were winning in spite of him and it was the defense that won the game, not the offense or Peterson...

JUM - Kind of surprised to see you suggest Brandon Lloyd as a buy low candidate. To me the arrival of Tebow diminishes every other offensive player on the roster. He will be running 40% of the playbook Orton did, and in a couple of weeks the league will figure out all those plays and whatever spark that might be had will be quickly extinguished. What am I not seeing here?

JUM - Kind of surprised to see you suggest Brandon Lloyd as a buy low candidate. To me the arrival of Tebow diminishes every other offensive player on the roster. He will be running 40% of the playbook Orton did, and in a couple of weeks the league will figure out all those plays and whatever spark that might be had will be quickly extinguished. What am I not seeing here?

but its Tebowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

he can't lose :wacko:

but its Tebowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

he can't lose :tup:

We all want him to win, but an interesting observation out of Denver today. As the fans call in to claim we were

"inches off" from scoring huge plays with Tebow last weekend, one caller pointed out the difference between a mediocre QB and a great QB, was a game of inches. They then pointed out Tebow is now Mr. Energy on the sideline...now. Cheering his mates and playing the ra-ra here-we-go team guy, where was he the last few weeks on the sideline? Was his enthusiasm put on hold with Orton at the helm? Talk about getting screwed... Orton doesn't deserve to get booed at home for weeks to see Johnny Sunshine take over.

...there is a disturbance in the force :wacko:

Edited by Thews40

Kev, like I said, Lloyd's on bye so his owner might cut a deal in order to field a proper lineup- and last year Tebow targeted Lloyd 23 times in 2 full starts. Buy low.

If the Broncos do scale down the playbook to 40% of what Orton was running, I'm not sure it's a bad thing. Just snap it and play ball, get loose. :wacko:

Jumbo - here is how sad McNabb is (completions): When the score was 14-0, he was 0 for 3, When the score was 21-0, he was 1 for 2, When the score was 28-0, he was 1 for 1 for a total of 2 for 6 in the 1st qtr. When we got the ball back in the second qtr, he went 0-2 and on the next drive, 0 for 2 and than 2 for 2 on the final drive, but coaches decided to let the clock run out because they did not want to risk an interception or giving Arizona momentum going into the half. Usually do that with a rookie QB and not an experienced veteran. McNabb was 4 for 12 in the 1st half. He went on to complete 6 more passes in the second half and score 3 points. We were lucky that our defense came out to play this week or I believe we probably would have lost this game in the second half again. Sorry, but I just need to rant...Its been a while since I have been this frustrated with the team. I think Vikings fans have every right to boo him. They were winning in spite of him and it was the defense that won the game, not the offense or Peterson...

You better enjoy them while you can, Wilf's probably haulin' the team to LA.