[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow to start

Big John

Is Tebow an exciting player, leader and a real hard worker? Absolutely. That is the ONLY comparison he has to Elway. Elway has a better throwing motion left handed, no chit. Tebow will miss wide open targets, overthrow short routes, underthrow long routes and run too often. Resulting in injury. Anyone who thinks he has a tenth of the QB skills Elway had/has, needs to put down the crackpipe and seek quality counseling.

Is Tebow an exciting player, leader and a real hard worker? Absolutely. That is the ONLY comparison he has to Elway. Elway has a better throwing motion left handed, no chit. Tebow will miss wide open targets, overthrow short routes, underthrow long routes and run too often. Resulting in injury. Anyone who thinks he has a tenth of the QB skills Elway had/has, needs to put down the crackpipe and seek quality counseling.

This is not to compare Tebow to Elway, but what you wrote about Tebow above is almost exactly what was being said about Elway in his first years in DEN. It was absolutely brutal.

We'll see. All I know is that with Orton this team was literally the worst football team in the NFL over the past 2 seasons running. The whole blame doesn't land in Orton's lap, but his struggles in the red zone, on 3rd downs, and in the 4th quarter were apparent even to moderately interested fans. Then to have management force the tripe down people's throats that Orton gave DEN the best chance to win is just too much, and treats fans as imbeciles when they can plainly see Orton fail in clutch situations game after game.

I'm not ready to buy in that Tebow is a savior for this team. I want to see him get more 1st string work and see how he develops. I have seen him do some things that the Tebow detractors have emphatically stated that he simply cannot do. Now we need to see if he can do those things on a regular basis. If he doesn't show much, I'm perfectly willing to see DEN toss him aside and grab one of the young studs in the 2012 draft. But in order to see what Tebow is capable of, he's got to play.

Well, I landed Tebow on the ww in my main local and am now rolling with a Ryan Fitzpatrick - Tim Tebow carousel. I actually have a feeling Tebow will become my starter sooner than later if only because he will vulture goalline TDs pretty much every game.

I am trying to trade Tebow and Finley for Mike Wallace. I hope the hype around Tebow helps him pull the trigger. He's be gunning for my Finley all season

This is not to compare Tebow to Elway, but what you wrote about Tebow above is almost exactly what was being said about Elway in his first years in DEN. It was absolutely brutal.

We'll see. All I know is that with Orton this team was literally the worst football team in the NFL over the past 2 seasons running. The whole blame doesn't land in Orton's lap, but his struggles in the red zone, on 3rd downs, and in the 4th quarter were apparent even to moderately interested fans. Then to have management force the tripe down people's throats that Orton gave DEN the best chance to win is just too much, and treats fans as imbeciles when they can plainly see Orton fail in clutch situations game after game.

I'm not ready to buy in that Tebow is a savior for this team. I want to see him get more 1st string work and see how he develops. I have seen him do some things that the Tebow detractors have emphatically stated that he simply cannot do. Now we need to see if he can do those things on a regular basis. If he doesn't show much, I'm perfectly willing to see DEN toss him aside and grab one of the young studs in the 2012 draft. But in order to see what Tebow is capable of, he's got to play.

Agreed. he has to play. One thing he will give all you Bronco fans is excitement and hope for improvement. He will make the whole team have a bit more hop in their step. Something that has been terribly missing for a few years now.

I think Tebow lacks fundamentals and his decision making was terrible last week.

I also think he is a tremendous athlete who can make plays when things break down. I don't think he's a great QB, but I am considering picking him up during waivers this week cause I think he can be an exciting player and fantasy contributor. Why is it either a - he sucks at life and will be competely worthless or b - he is the second coming of Jesus and everything he touches turns into touchdowns? There's so much gray area for him to occupy.

don't you think you're being too critical? He hadn't played since last season and entered in the middle of the game.

There's some really irrational dislike of Tebow out there. I don't know if his openly Christian attitude offends some of our more tolerant brethren, or if a Tebow-lead Florida team stomped a mudhole in the backs of their alma mater a few years back, or that their girlfriend screams Tebow's name in the throws of ecstacy; but some of the vitriol for a kid who has worked damned hard to get where he is, is by all accounts a very decent human being, and has made a pretty good accounting for himself when he's finally given a chance in NFL games is way over the top.

don't you think you're being too critical? He hadn't played since last season and entered in the middle of the game.

No, his decision making WAS terrible. He was off on most throws. But that doesn't mean he won't improve with experience. I think he can develop into a quality QB...that's the whole point.

Was it terrible for a guy who only had three games since entering the league or was he making *typical* mistakes for a young guy who hasn't played much?

in context, I think he had a good game.

You won't convince him. Tebow was sharing 2nd team snaps since before week 1 this season - meaning his repititions were extremely limited. Despite that, he was one play away from salvaging the game last Sunday, and he actually had an opportunity to make that play. In the face of all that, there's still the need by some to find context to tear him up.

Like I said earlier, it's irrational. You won't be able to make any progress with these guys.

What?

A quarterback either makes throws on time or he doesn't. There's no "he makes throws on time for a quarterback that hasn't had enough repetitions." A pass is either on time or late. End. Of. Story.

Tebow was late on every throw.

Now, I AGREE with you that it's not uncommon for a QB that hasn't had enough work. I agree that with enough experience he can fix those issues. And I agree that he showed plenty last week that would go towards him being a successful QB in the NFL. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

Edited by lawofmurphy