[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Give Hardesty a Look?

tallguylehigh

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Montario Hardesty as a possible pick-up?

I know it is a long shot, but with the drama surrounding Hillis, I wonder if they will start giving Hardesty more reps.

A couple of years ago, before he went down with his injury he showed a lot of potential.

Curious to hear any opinions.

I doubt that this will translate into much additional production for Hardesty, would be a speculative pick-up. Hillis' camp is just posturing to get what they want here. Hillis is loved in Cleveland, the pressure is on Browns management to get him signed & paid. I don't think he'll miss much more playing time or anything. They'll settle this thing soon.

Edited by SecondString

Already picked him up in 13-team league with sizable bench. If you got the space on your roster he is certainly worth it. Although I would much rather have Tebow or Battle rostered right now than Hardesty...

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Montario Hardesty as a possible pick-up?

I know it is a long shot, but with the drama surrounding Hillis, I wonder if they will start giving Hardesty more reps.

A couple of years ago, before he went down with his injury he showed a lot of potential.

this is his 2nd yr? :wacko:

this is his 2nd yr? :wacko:

Nope..... second year is the Browns yes, but he was with Denver for two years before that...

he did come on strong near the end of the 2008 season before his injury. And then fell off the map completely in 2009

Nope..... second year is the Browns yes, but he was with Denver for two years before that...

he did come on strong near the end of the 2008 season before his injury. And then fell off the map completely in 2009

The Bronco's were using him to fill in for injurys his rookie season. He had a couple pretty good games from what I remember. His second year he fumbled and Mcdaniels benched him. Ive heard from reliable sources around here in Denver that he got traded because he mistankenly hit on McDaniels wife. Made a little more sense after hearing that why we would give him up for Brady Quinn. Its also been said this was just a rumor and is completly false but here was the story.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2010/12/...mcdaniels-wife/

Edited by Menstrualgravy

The Bronco's were using him to fill in for injurys his rookie season. He had a couple pretty good games from what I remember. His second year he fumbled and Mcdaniels benched him. Ive heard from reliable sources around here in Denver that he got traded because he mistankenly hit on McDaniels wife. Made a little more sense after hearing that why we would give him up for Brady Quinn. Its also been said this was just a rumor and is completly false but here was the story.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2010/12/...mcdaniels-wife/

He was talking about Hardesty not Hillis.

I'm not concerned with the "Hillis drama," if that's what you want to call it...has nothing to do with the game. It's just the media trying to find a story where there essentially is none.

I don't think it's the media trying to find a story as much as it is Hillis and his agent playing the media to get what they want contractually.

Regarding the bolded part, are you talking about Hardesty or Hillis?

Hardesty is in his 2nd year in the league. Last year he did not play until the last pre-season (or maybe it was the 3rd one). While he did show some promise on the few plays he ran, I'm not sure that equates to a lot of potential. He did look good in week 3 replacing Hillis, and in his opportunities in week 5.

I'm in the Cleveland market and there hasn't been a lot reported here that isn't already discussed in some of The Huddle reports, stories and forums.

My feeling is Hillis wants more than the Browns are willing to pay. They plan/expect to use Hardesty as the key guy in the future and will move to that this season. It is what they were planning last year. Hillis will be the #2 or 1B guy, larger back to move the pile, and spell Hardesty. So the Browns don't want to give him a big contract.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hardesty continue to get more carries.While Hillis is a fan favorite, I don't expect that to impact what the Browns do.

I recently made a trade where I gave up Fitzpatirck (my backup QB behind Rivers) to improve my RB. I wanted to get a good starter, but settled on Hardesty (also got Kolb as backup QB and gave up Jacoby Jones). I hope Hardesty will help me out some this year, but am really hopeful that he becomes the starter and is a key piece of my keeper team (keep 5 no position or time limits).

I posted a question during today's chat with the media but had to take a call and missed the answer.

I asked how much Hardesty is going to be used going forward...if I find the cast, I'll post the link

If Hardesty moves into a starting role, for whatever reason, its not like the Browns running game is lighting the world on fire. There must be other options in your league!?...

Not sure if that was directed at me or not, but the waiver wire is slim. 12 teams, 18 man roster (start 9) no limits, so many only have 1TE/K/D and have many RB for backup and depth. BTW, I'm not starting Hardesty this week even with byes and injuries, but maybe he'll move into that roll later in the season, or next year (keeper league).

Just saw this on CBS Sports

"Browns coach Pat Shurmur said Thursday that RB Peyton Hillis will get the bulk of carries in Week 6 against the Raiders. This coming after Hillis totaled 15 touches and backup RB Montario Hardesty totaled 12 touches in Week 4 against the Titans. Coming off his Week 5 bye, Hillis will be up against a Raiders defense that ranks 22nd in the NFL against the run. They are allowing an average of 122.8 rushing yards per game and have given up five rushing touchdowns."

Edited by stevegrab

he was talking about Hardesty being good a couple years ago not Hillis( who did play for the Broncos) you should read the posts before replying. I was pointing out that 2010-11 season was Hardestys' first in the NFL ( which is correct).