[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Todd Haley on the hot seat?

tazinib1

Multiple Chiefs personnel sources tell Nick Wright of 610 Kansas City that GM Scott Pioli was prepared to fire coach Todd Haley had the team lost last week.Source: Nick Wright on Twitter.

It appears Romeo Crennel would be inline to take over the Chiefs. :wacko:

I LOVE this division!!!

Wont happen.

Why not? He's the DC and a former NFL HC. Are you saying that they wouldn't hire within? Instead, go outside of the organization, with a brand new system, lingo and the likes?

Or that Haley won't be fired.

Edited by tazinib1

I'm not sure I understand the rationale for firing Haley midseason. The Chiefs have regressed this year but their schedule is harder, your premier RB is lost for the season and the overall talent level of the QB remains in question. If there was unused/wasted talent on the team you were trying to motivate by firing the coach, or coaching potential in your staff you want to evaluate further (like the Jason Garrett situation with the Cowboys) then a firing would make sense. Is either true in Kansas City?

Haley shares a large part of the responsibility for the poor performance of his team. You could make a case to fire him if you think he's undermining the long-term viability of the franchise. I guess I'm just not convinced that firing him now is going to make anything any better for the Chiefs team going forward this season.

This report makes Haley dead man walking and seems VERY passive aggressive on Pioli's part. Maybe he can fire himself at the same time?

If he gets fired, I could see Crennel getting it this year.

Long term...No.

If Pioli has to hire another head coach, it HAS to be a home run. Crennel as a HC is more like a foul tip off the catchers noggin-noogins.

I agree with this.

Pioli is gonna want someone offensive minded. IMHO he wants fast, high scoring games. Crennel would put on too good a defense and slow down things too much.