[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why some owners never trade

Thews40

On the flip side, I have Rodgers and Stafford. Another owner has McCoy and McFadden and is hurting at QB. I have a hole at RB2. He emails me, "I want Stafford. McCoy and McFadden are off limits. Don't even think about it." Great way to open negotiations. I used my #1 waiver spot on Tebow this week, mostly for trade bait, but partly cause I just know it ticked him off.

:wacko:

ETA - I have Rodgers on two teams that also have Tebow, and I did it (or at least tried) to do the same damn thing.

Edited by Thews40

On the flip side, I have Rodgers and Stafford. Another owner has McCoy and McFadden and is hurting at QB. I have a hole at RB2. He emails me, "I want Stafford. McCoy and McFadden are off limits. Don't even think about it." Great way to open negotiations. I used my #1 waiver spot on Tebow this week, mostly for trade bait, but partly cause I just know it ticked him off.

Yeah, that's great negotiating. So the guy wants one of your top players (a very good starting QB) but this top RB (which are the position of need for you) are off limits.

Most players will know what kind of guys are probably off limits, but to be told this way is just silly. I'd send that guy an offer of my kicker for McFadden every day.

Trades are usually what keep a league from becoming stagnate during the season...I've been labeled by my fellow owners as the trade guru and I have helped many of these guys come into the World of trading as they where sissy's for many years...Most all of the owners now make deals and say the league has become much more fun and interesting...We have a dynasty league so even if your team sucks you can always make deals that may help you in the future..Great thread and keep the offers coming...Oh and does anyone else have the owners who never make a offer even if they initiate the trade talks? We do and that ticks me off as much as the owners who will never trade...

my philosophy is why keep a good player on your bench when you could trade him (plus others) for a starter at another position. Increase weekly points. I mean, what use do you get out of someone you never start?

Ex: why pick up Delone Carter when you already have a good back up if you are not gonna package him in a trade for an upgrade at another position? or for a player you may actually start? Even if it is an upgrade on defense, it is still an increase in points per week :wacko:

Trades have been slow in one of my leagues for years. The solution implimented this year that appears to be working is to reduce the bench size for all teams, and provide a transaction credit to each if the teams involved in the trade. This counters the charges for waivers and IR moves and adds an incentive to make a trade happen.

• 8 months later...

I had a guy in my league that carried both Drew Brees and Cam Newton the whole season, even though you can only start 1 QB. The best part is he never seemed to start the right player.

This guy got drunk as a skunk a few years prior and made a horrible trade, which came to be known as Jagergate. It's as if he's so shell shocked from his horrible trade, he just can't seem to pull the trigger.

• Like 1

I had a guy in my league that carried both Drew Brees and Cam Newton the whole season, even though you can only start 1 QB. The best part is he never seemed to start the right player.

This guy got drunk as a skunk a few years prior and made a horrible trade, which came to be known as Jagergate. It's as if he's so shell shocked from his horrible trade, he just can't seem to pull the trigger.

What was the trade in Jagergate. I must know!

Edited by Papajohn

There are times when I make generous trades because I like the guy I'm trading with. I just traded Tony Romo and BJ Raji for Mark Sanchez, Athyba Rubin and a 2013 1st and a 2014 2nd in a 16 team IDP salary cap league. Trade makes him immensely better this year. I might get better in the future. I think it's fair, but would have I made the trade with somebody else? Probably not.

FYI, this is a league with a few Huddlers and alot of FBG's.

Edited by General Itals

I don't like trading because I'm not very good at it. I hate haggling and don't do it often, when I do it I do it pretty badly.

Welcome BRACK!! Got your PM and have notified the powers that be. I get first rights to your single trade of the year. :wink:

Sometimes it is not in the cards. Last year in HOT I had both Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton and needed help at RB. In situations like this I usually trade the player that gives the higher return and so I offered up Rodgers. I put both on the block and also sent out offers. My best offer was Roy Helu for Newton. I carried both the entire year. The teams who were strong at RB were also strong at QB. In retrospect I should have traded either Rodgers or Newton for the best WR or TE I could get, and then flip that player for a RB.