[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow impact on Lloyd, or Decker if Lloyd gets traded...

MnLefty

Ok, I'm nerd enough to admit I checked Lloyd's numbers in the 3 games Tebow started late last year as a % of his season stats... and the results were freaky.

3/16 games with TT = .1875, 19%

14/77 catches in TT starts =.1818

263/1448 yards in TT starts =.1816

2/11 Td's in Tebow starts =.1818

His number with Tebow starting last season were basically the EXACT statistical average of his entire season. I tried to find his number broken down specifically between Orton and Tebow to account for the games where Tebow played, but did not start, but I couldn't find that... so this is the best comparison I could come up with. The overall passing numbers with Tebow could be expected to go down, but it would appear whoever the favorite target is may not suffer like most would expect.

You are correct about Lloyd's touches remaining the same with Tebow. The Huddle's "player news" section mentioned the same, and stressed that while the amount of pass attempts with Tebow went down, the amount of looks/catches for Lloyd did not. Now, if he gets traded to St. Louis or Tenn benefits his output, I'm not sure.

Here is the thing with Lloyd and Tebow. Tebow will lock on to the #1 wr (Lloyd for now) is not as accurate as Orton (Lloyd can make a circus catch better than anyone i have ever seen) and will run before checking down to the 2nd option. Sometimes skips 2nd read and goes right to the check down back. So Lloyd will stay the same and maybe even slightly better. McGahee/Moreno will get a bump in receptions as well as rushes. the rest of the team takes a big hit.

There are a lot of theories on why Lloyd is now on the block. do not buy into that crap. He is on the block because he is over 30 and in a contract year. Denver has written this year off and are in can Tebow be the future mode. There is really no reason for a rebuilding team to keep an aging wr who will walk next year.

McGahee/Moreno will get a bump in receptions as well as rushes. the rest of the team takes a big hit.

It may lead to more rushing attempts as they scale back the offense a bit, but especially with Tebow taking goal-line looks, I don’t think this is going to be a good thing for McGahee in particular. In fact, I could easily see Moreno ending up with more TDs, as defenses will likely stack the box and put a spy in there to force Tebow to beat them through the air. Moreno should have a lot more room catching screens like he did in the last game, while McGahee could see his lanes close and loses what few goal-line touches he had.

Interesting stats about Lloyd though. I wouldn't have thought that, but I guess when you don't have the greatest accuracy, what better than to put it up and let your talented wideout make a play... Unless Tebow goes into dink-and-dunk mode to favor a guy like Royal, it definitely looks like there's only room for 1 fantasy relevant WR there, whether that be Lloyd or the other big target in Decker if he's traded.

he won't and can't.

Trade Royal ASAP.

That was definitely meant to be a hypothetical, because I've all but abandoned hope that he can regain fantasy relevance, and this QB change pretty much seals that.

And trade him for what? Even with all you Denver homers, I can't trade him for bag of chips.... That's pretty much the only reason I hold onto him (well, that and it's a 16-team with deep benches), in case there's an injury or two and I can get something out of a guy currently worth next to nothing...

Edited by delusions of granduer