[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All this 49'rs will beat the Lions this week....

tazinib1

Needs to STOP!!!!!

I give them 0% chance of toppling Detroit...in there own building nevertheless. Its gonna be an ugly smashing of the 49'rs....and they will be exposed for the lack of offense they possess...and how bad Alex Smith truly is. I can't wait to watch this game.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF 23, Detroit 19

I could see a scenario where Detroit falls behind yet again, but against a stout 49ers defense, they can't make it all the way back.

Oh, and Ginn brings one back on a punt return.

:wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

Detroit isn't going to go undefeated, so why not the 9ers?

The Lions and 49ers are my two favorite football teams (spent my life in the Bay and Michigan) so I'm a little conflicted this week, but I'm trying to look at it like I can't really lose here. Who do I root for? I don't know. I'm mighty tempted to pull for the Lions since they have the Packers to contend with in their division. I think the 49ers can take several losses and still win the NFC West easily, but the Lions need to win win win to take the NFC North.

The niners have a solid D...I could see them doing much like they did on Philly, falling behind by a TD or maybe even two, but then tightening up and making a close game in the end. Will they come all the way back?? Don't know, but it's within a TD either way.

SF is now playing football the way good teams play...hard, beat 'em in the trenches for four quarters and wear their opponents down. But Detroit ain't bad either, and SF needs more/better offensive weapons.

Edited by SecondString

Sounds like someone has a little ptsd from the 94-95 season.

I really like the way the 9ers have been play, and....... alex smith in particular (a guy I wanted gone). They have been losing a wr/week and he is still connecting and not making that critical error I've become accustomed to. I could see either team coming out ahead in this one.

I had planned on making Det one of my Survivor picks this week but then this shows up and now I'm worried :wacko:

Needs to STOP!!!!!

I give them 0% chance of toppling Detroit...in there own building nevertheless. Its gonna be an ugly smashing of the 49'rs....and they will be exposed for the lack of offense they possess...and how bad Alex Smith truly is. I can't wait to watch this game.

then I read this so now I'm not as worried. Do they cancel each other out? :tup:

SF 23, Detroit 19

I could see a scenario where Detroit falls behind yet again, but against a stout 49ers defense, they can't make it all the way back.

Oh, and Ginn brings one back on a punt return.

I think DET benefits from having the game at home, a slightly better defense, a better QB and more play-makers on offense.

Im a Niners fan but I just dont see a whole lot of scenarios where we win this game. Alex has been playing very well but I think in a hostile environment and under the kind of pressure that Lions D can bring I see a good possibility old Alex makes an appearance on Sunday. Our defense is good and I think we can hold them for awhile and keep it close but eventually they will wear us down. Who knows though? Im just excited to know that we are playing a marquee game in week 6!

Needs to STOP!!!!!

I give them 0% chance of toppling Detroit.

This just in.... the SF 49ers are for real... thanks to bad juju from tazini1... 49ers win this game easily. Aside from the all-or-nothing plays against Chicago, Detroit looked very average. When a decent O-line is added to the equation (unlike the Bears could muster up) that produces points, I see the niners going up 17 early and crushing the fragile "Lions are the shat man" dream. Step back to reality...

Sounds like someone has a little ptsd from the 94-95 season.

I really like the way the 9ers have been play, and....... alex smith in particular (a guy I wanted gone). They have been losing a wr/week and he is still connecting and not making that critical error I've become accustomed to. I could see either team coming out ahead in this one.

+1

I really like the confidence they possess right now. They haven't had a swagger in quite a while. Thank you Harbaugh!! Now do I think they will win.... I will give them more than a 0% chance that's for sure but I could definitely see it going either way. I will give the edge to a Damn fine looking squad at home and hope I am wrong!

The Lions have been vulnerable to the run. If they contain Gore they win. If not, they may still win but it will be difficult. I don't see Alex Smith beating us (even though he has been really good). I think the Lions should stack the box and force Smith to win the game. The pressure they bring will prevent that IMO. Plus I'll be there again....GO LIONS.

Dude, this team went down 20+ to the Cowboys and Vikings. Teams the Niners are both better than. You've got to get past Alex Smith blah blah blah. To think that the Niners don't even have a shot is insane.

And yet they still won. Whats your point. I wouldn't trust Romo with my life if he were in charge of cutting the wire that disables the nuclear bomb. The Vikings? Can't really tell ya. Yeah...I gave them a 0% chance....I'll eat my words but I'm not really worried about it. The Lions should win this game without much of a growl.

And yet they still won. Whats your point. I wouldn't trust Romo with my life if he were in charge of cutting the wire that disables the nuclear bomb. The Vikings? Can't really tell ya. Yeah...I gave them a 0% chance....I'll eat my words but I'm not really worried about it. The Lions should win this game without much of a growl.

My point is that Jim Harbaugh wouldn't let Alex Smith air it out in the second half like Garrett did. The 49ers defense is stout, and getting better. The combination of Harbaugh+Defense gives them a chance.

So they barely came back against a QB that you wouldnt trust and a team you gave zero chance to? And now the Lions are the greatest thing ever? Not taking any shots at the Lions, but they're not world beaters yet.

So they barely came back against a QB that you wouldnt trust and a team you gave zero chance to? And now the Lions are the greatest thing ever? Not taking any shots at the Lions, but they're not world beaters yet.

:wacko:

Never said the Lions were the greatest thing ever. What I'm saying is the 49'rs are not the team the hyperboil suggests. That is all :tup:

This is the game the Lions lose. They have been on such an emotional high this season and eventually that comes crashing down. The Niners can grind this thing out, and the Lions have lived on the edge all year.

The KC Royals will win the world series.