[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm getting rid of Matt "noodle arm" Ryan and Roddy White

robert terni

It's awfully early in Ryan's career, so it's difficult to make definitive statements about him, but it just may be that Ryan is who he has shown he is so far - a solid but not an elite QB.

A guy who falls into the 2nd tier category with guys like Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Phillip Rivers, et al. Guys who have the ability to play well when surrounded by a solid team on both sides of the ball, but limited in some way that they can't lift their teams to the next level through their own will and overwhelming talent. Regular season yardage hogs who feast on weaker Ds but come up short if there are holes in the team around them, because they have holes in their own game. Guys who can't compete with the Bradys, P Mannings, Brees', and Rodgers when they are in the big games and it's down to crunch time.

There's no shame in that. They just need more help around them in order to produce their big numbers and good games against quality opponents, and can't put the team on their backs when it's playoff time. And FFers need to recognize who these these guys are and figure out to draft them a little higher when they have really good talent around them on all sides and also to let them slide a bit if they are playing on a team with some issues that year.

Edited by Bronco Billy

My 2-4 team is riding Roddy to a sad start so far this year but I'm still holding on hope he gets it going. His potential to breakout and post solid #s far surpasses his current trade value, so what choice do I really have?

I got lucky and dealt Ryan and White to a team in bad need of a QB last week. I threw in Starks and Moreno and took a gamble by getting Mendy and Austin in return. It worked out for me at least for one week, but no doubt the guy would not have done the trade if I had waited until this week. I would probably hold both Ryan and White until they have one good week and try to deal them. At least in the leagues I have played, some teams have a tendency to only look at the last 1-2 weeks of production, and not the bigger picture.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but one of the owner in my league gave up Wallace/S. Jackson for White/LT after the draft....now his team is crap and lets just say the othe owner couldn't be more happy, Wallace alone is giving that owner the win easily Jackson is just icing on the cake.

I've never been a fan of Ryan -- he's an average NFL QB, nothing more.

White is a 'buy low' right now IMO. I wouldn't pay a WR1 pricetag, but if you can get him for WR2 or below pricetag I'd be jumping on that. He's a target monster in a decent offense -- I believe he's still second to Welker in targets. He's also a primary end zone option -- he's drawn several endzone PIs and had a few endzone drops. All the good indicators are there -- it just hasn't translated to actual numbers yet this season.

Who agrees? i should have gotten rid of White along time ago..So sick of watching the falcons this year

It depends on what you mean by "getting rid of".

Are you moving them from active roster to bench, sounds like a good idea if you have better options.

Are you cutting them outright? Hard to believe, but I suppose its possible in some leagues (6-8 teams, or very small benches) that there are better players available.

Are you trying to trade them, not a good idea as these are buy low guys and nobody is going to give you much for them.