[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cleveland Brown RBs

GReatONE

First off, for those who are saying that Hillis is the most talened player on the Browns, that is BS. He's closer to the one year wonder, perfect situation, QB carousel all season, etc. He is not even the most talened player on offense, Joe Thomas (LT) has been a Pro Bowler several times. Greg Little (rookie WR) who was drafted in the second round is far more talented than Hillis.

For a while when they showed Hillis on the sideline I thought maybe he was benched (as Clayton reported), but then he came back in and the announcers said something about the hamstring.

Hard to say how much is really an injury, and how much is posturing by Hillis and the coaches. Him and his agent bringing this up in the media, acting like Hillis is some sort of top NFL running back and deserving of a huge contract has created some of this mess. It is part of the reason I acquired Hardesty in a trade (keeper league value as well).

The issue with siiting out the Miami game isn't whether he was healthy enough or not, but that he consulted with his agent and made statements indicating his agent convinced him to sit out (which implies maybe it wasn't for medical reaons).

Anyone picking up Hardesty?

If your sig is your entire roster it looks you have pretty small bench, I'm not sure Hardesty is better than any of your backups. And he probably isn't going to put up great numbers this season (Browns offense is not looking good, McCoy is pressing and making lots of mistakes or having communication issues with the receivers).

If your sig is your entire roster it looks you have pretty small bench, I'm not sure Hardesty is better than any of your backups. And he probably isn't going to put up great numbers this season (Browns offense is not looking good, McCoy is pressing and making lots of mistakes or having communication issues with the receivers).

in his case I would drop Addai and go for Murray, Hardesty or Carter in that order....

I got Hardesty in a trade recently and may roll with him this week (over DWill) along with Starks (BJGE on BYE, Addai possibly out).

I'm in the Cleveland market and local press has coach Shurmur completely denying the rumors of a trade, or that Hillis was benched (despite reports during the game that he was benched).

The strange thing was that after the injury and standing on the sidelines, they did use him to block on 1-2 plays.

looking good for hardesty owners week 7. per rotoworld:

Peyton Hillis (hamstring) missed Browns practice Wednesday, as expected.The Browns appear to be preparing Montario Hardesty to start against the Seahawks, but are still holding out hope that Hillis might be available in a limited capacity. This will be a fantasy football situation to avoid in Week 7. Oct 19 - 2:49 PM

Too bad SEA is ranked 5th best at stopping RBs.

Are they really good against the run or are they just so bad against the pass that teams don't have to run? Those numbers are often misleading.

According to NFL.com sortable stats on defense (yards per game)

Seattle

total - 366 18th

passing - 268.2 23rd

rushing - 97.8 8th

The Browns have not done that well running the ball, or doing anything really on offense.

But in a week with 6 teams on bye, a RB that starts and gets the bulk of the carriers is a decent start.

Are they really good against the run or are they just so bad against the pass that teams don't have to run? Those numbers are often misleading.

According to NFL.com sortable stats on defense (yards per game)

Seattle

total - 366 18th

passing - 268.2 23rd

rushing - 97.8 8th

The Browns have not done that well running the ball, or doing anything really on offense.

But in a week with 6 teams on bye, a RB that starts and gets the bulk of the carriers is a decent start.

Here's the leading rushers against them in their first 5 games.

Gpre 22-59

Mendy 19-66

A Smith 17-54

Turner 26-70

Bradshaw 17-58

Looks like a decent set of backs and a reasonable commitment to the run, yet nobody did better than 70 yards. So I'd say their run D is legit.

Maybe both. But they have a lot of bulk in the middle and on the end of the D-line. They were really good last year against the run until injuries hit, now those DTs are back and they are good again so far this year. Their ability to stop the run is legitimate.

Rolling with Hardesty this week is the definition of high risk. He's rusty. He's dropping balls. They had to bring in a gimpy Hillis because Montario couldn't pass block. They released Alphonso Smith and signed someone who's name I can't spell from the Texans practice squad. This tells me they don't trust any of the backs.

ETA:

Ogbonnaya is familiar with head coach Pat Shurmur's offense; the two were together for two training camps with the St. Louis Rams.

And he went to Texas with Colt...

Edited by loaf

detlef & bushwacked,

Thanks for the info

loaf,

Yep that is the guy, Ogbonnaya, he was just on the local news.

henrymuto,

I'm not trusting a Brown, but in a 12 team with a deep roster and some crappy RB I need to roll with somebody. Besides I'm not playing for $500,000 so its not a really big deal either way.