[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Lloyd traded to Rams

montster

Anyone think he could have a "resurrection" year being back with McDumbass as the O-coordinator of the Rams? :wacko: McDaniels has certainly figured out how to use him to advantage. I wouldn't count on them just "renting" him for a few weeks either - if he and Bradford click, then the Rams certainly have the cap room to offer him a big-money deal at the end of the season. Just food for thought. :tup:

Lloyd goes back to the one system he has been extreamly succesfull in. I have been buying Lloyd low all year whenever i could and now it just may pay off. I have to believe McDainials pushed for this and really why wouldn't he? Rams have been crushed by injuries and drops at the position. Lloyd will now play with probably the most accurate QB he has ever played with. The schedule gets really easy from here for the Rams and they are going to see returns on this investment right away.

Anyone think he could have a "resurrection" year being back with McDumbass as the O-coordinator of the Rams? :wacko: McDaniels has certainly figured out how to use him to advantage. I wouldn't count on them just "renting" him for a few weeks either - if he and Bradford click, then the Rams certainly have the cap room to offer him a big-money deal at the end of the season. Just food for thought. :tup:

They'd have to click pretty fast for them to want to invest a ton....especially with other higher-profile WRs on the market (Djax, for example).

West and Bubba bring up a really good point - that this trade reunites Lloyd with McDaniels and puts him with arguably a better QB than Orton. One thing is for sure, Bradford develops chemistry with receivers quickly and targets them early and often. Look at Clayton when he signed with the Rams. After he got hurt it was Amendola. I expect Bradford to look to Lloyd plenty and for Lloyd to catch plenty of those targets.

If your StL and it looks like your season might be over already...why not continue to contend for the "Luck package"?

( A ) Sam Bradford

( B ) NFC West

( C ) They are professionals, not morons that accept losing is acceptable under any circumstance whatsoever.

If your StL and it looks like your season might be over already...why not continue to contend for the "Luck package"?

Because the Rams aren't even close to being as bad as their record is.. I still expect them to finish 6-10. their beginning schedule was brutal and gets much easier the rest of the way.

Because the Rams aren't even close to being as bad as their record is.. I still expect them to finish 6-10. their beginning schedule was brutal and gets much easier the rest of the way.

Very good point. They haven't faced any of the NFC West teams yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I know one robin doesn't make a spring, but 6 for 53 and a TD isn't a terrible day from your WR2-3 (I hope no one went after him as a WR1). He already knows the offense, and all he needs is that work with the QB to figure out where they like to put the ball coming out of the break, when he's got certain coverage, etc. I really think the guy could end up top-25 or so. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
They'd have to click pretty fast for them to want to invest a ton....especially with other higher-profile WRs on the market (Djax, for example).

Firstly, since I didn't see this before, if you'd really rather have a very old Djax versus Brandon Lloyd, well, I just don't know what to say. There's a reason other teams haven't signed him - teams like Tennessee after their #1 wideout went down. :wacko: That's just crazytalk!

Second, since going to the Rams, he went 6-74 against the Cowboys, 6-53 with a TD against the Saints (a team looking very much like the aint's again lately) and 5-80 against the Cards. He's making that team better and he's only going to get more involved the more the season goes, as he and Bradford get used to and trust each other. I think McDumbass is an unlikeable, egotistical bastage, but he make Orton look like a real QB and he sure as hell knows how to use Lloyd. In fact, McD might be like Norv Turner in that regard - shouldn't EVER be a HC, but is just dandy as an O-coordinator.

But I'm getting off-track - barring injury, by the end of the season I think Lloyd could end up being in the upper tier of the WR2 category.

Firstly, since I didn't see this before, if you'd really rather have a very old Djax versus Brandon Lloyd, well, I just don't know what to say. There's a reason other teams haven't signed him - teams like Tennessee after their #1 wideout went down. :wacko: That's just crazytalk!

Second, since going to the Rams, he went 6-74 against the Cowboys, 6-53 with a TD against the Saints (a team looking very much like the aint's again lately) and 5-80 against the Cards. He's making that team better and he's only going to get more involved the more the season goes, as he and Bradford get used to and trust each other. I think McDumbass is an unlikeable, egotistical bastage, but he make Orton look like a real QB and he sure as hell knows how to use Lloyd. In fact, McD might be like Norv Turner in that regard - shouldn't EVER be a HC, but is just dandy as an O-coordinator.

But I'm getting off-track - barring injury, by the end of the season I think Lloyd could end up being in the upper tier of the WR2 category.

Very old DJax? Please dont tell me you are referring to Darrell Jackson... Im pretty sure he was talking about the DJax in Philly - DeShaun Jackson. :tup:

Very old DJax? Please dont tell me you are referring to Darrell Jackson... Im pretty sure he was talking about the DJax in Philly - DeShaun Jackson. :tup:

Oops, now I'm showing my age... :lol: I was indeed thinking of Darrell Jackson! :rofl:

He just never ocurred to me! You really think Philly will let him go, though? They pay people they don't think they can live without and frankly, I don't think they'd do a whole lot offensively without him stretching the field the way he does.

Other than that my logic's sound! :wacko::rofl:

Oops, now I'm showing my age... :tup: I was indeed thinking of Darrell Jackson! :lol:

He just never ocurred to me! You really think Philly will let him go, though? They pay people they don't think they can live without and frankly, I don't think they'd do a whole lot offensively without him stretching the field the way he does.

Other than that my logic's sound! :wacko::rofl:

well, he hasn't stretched the field for what has been probably this whole season...but then again he just wants to be healthy so he can fetch a big payday...

actually, I would buy low on DJax right now because I think he's going to try and explode for the 2nd half of the season so he can get his money....because if he continues his current pace, his next contract will suffer and it's not like he is injured....he's just preserving his health imo..