[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade veto

theeohiostate

BOTH league trade being objected too, please share your thoughts

Slambo trades away

Miles Austin

to TOS for

Garcon

J.Battle

I love my end of the deal , and while I think i did fair better based on name recognition and my own personal opinion , Slambo's team has no startable RB's at this time .

A commish overturn is a little shocking to me. I realize I'm biased here, but Garcon is currently the #8 WR through 6 weeks of the season and the clear #1 in Indy and while I certainly think Austin will outproduce him the rest of the way, it's hard to think with a savy vetern FF player like Slambo offering me up this deal he didn't weight out the pros and cons for his own team

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is honestly the first season where I have actively been doing trades, in most of my leagues every season I may do 1 trade among all in them in a full season. I tend to stick with my draft, but as poor drafts have showed, I've not been making any playoffs , and this season I've offered, counteroffered and spoken to many owners in several leagues about making some trades. So, I'm a little upset my efforts to mix things up this season is being met with resistance from other owners when 2 competent FF'ers make a deal based on their assessment of their own rosters.

If this trade was based on ADP, we know the answer here. But the people you are trading in most leagues are picked up off F/A or a very late draft pick vs. Austin. It seems lopsided to me.

I picked up Vick and Hillis off waivers last year , so I assume waiver wire pick ups shouldn't have value ?

If this trade was based on ADP, we know the answer here. But the people you are trading in most leagues are picked up off F/A or a very late draft pick vs. Austin. It seems lopsided to me.

And that matters why?

Arian Foster for Michael Turner in the middle of last year would have been a horrible deal for the guy giving up Turner if you go by those standards.

TOS, I commented in your league forum, while I think my comments will be considered "meddling" and greatly underappreicated, I felt compelled to reply. I'll leave it at that and will not post in your league forum again.

Appreciate the input Hugh. I am a notorious non-trader, including this trade, I've made two in the last five years in BOTH leagues. My team in this league is a disaster and I need immediate help at RB to have any hope of doing anything in the league.

Garcon has 27 catches for 472 yards and 4 TDs.

Austin has 21 catches for 307 yards and 4 TDs

Garcon has been targeted 8 times/game

Austin has been targeted 11.33 times/game

Garcon averages 78.67 yards/game

Austin averages 102.3 yards/game

I don't see a damn thing wrong with the deal.

Appreciate the input Hugh. I am a notorious non-trader, including this trade, I've made two in the last five years in BOTH leagues. My team in this league is a disaster and I need immediate help at RB to have any hope of doing anything in the league.

Well, I was going to keep the "your team sucks balls anyway" comments to myself, but since you mention it..... :wacko:

Garcon has 27 catches for 472 yards and 4 TDs.

Austin has 21 catches for 307 yards and 4 TDs

Garcon has been targeted 8 times/game

Austin has been targeted 11.33 times/game

Garcon averages 78.67 yards/game

Austin averages 102.3 yards/game

I don't see a damn thing wrong with the deal.

This. Battle could turn out to be this year's Foster too.

This. Battle could turn out to be this year's Foster too.

Now you've guys convinced me I'd like to have the commish veto the trade :wacko:

To be honest i really don't care too much in getting Austin, though I feel he'd be more productive then Garcon the rest of the season , but having McGahee as my #2 right now, Battle may provide as many points improvement that Austin would have over Garcon.

It's may be a wash, and I was sold on name recognition.

To me it's about principles in the end, it's my damn team and my money paid to play , so don't mess with my rights to trade provided I'm not careless or throwing in the towels, which has never been the case in 12 seasons.

Edited by theeohiostate

Negative. BigMikeinNYC is a solid huddler, he's just having a slight brain cramp. Posts like this will no longer make you DMD's favorite. Just sayin'.......

The trade, as posted, is a fair trade. The commish who would veto this trade, sucks as a commish. I stand by my statement and it wouldn't matter if DMD was the commish.