[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's starting Tebow this week?

BS Miscreant

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm absolutely starting Tebow this week. The guy has started 3 games, and played the 2nd half of a 4th, and has never scored less than 26 pts (by most scoring systems). Hell he had 18 pts in the 2nd half 2 weeks ago.

Add to that the fact that they're playing Miami, who is just plain awful when it comes to preventing opposing QBs from scoring, and it's a no-brainer (for me) over many mid-level QBs this week. Sure you're not starting him over Rodgers, et al, which probably didn't need to be said.

But over Freeman? Schaub? guys like that? absolutely

I'm going to have to think about it awhile. Tebow.......Stafford......Tebow.......Stafford.......

Really? I'm a hugh Gators fan, but if you start Tebow over Stafford for any reason then you're an idiot. Even if he ends up scoring more points you have to go with Stafford with the consistency he's brought. Stafford has been money for his ADP so far, why rock the boat until you know a little more about Teblow?

I am debating starting him over Ryan this week. Just as I am about to make the switch i stop. Each week i tell myself that this is the week that Ryan blows up. I am playing for 1st in my division this week and have a few key players on a bye so this decision is so much more critical.

I cant decide.

WDIS from a long timer? LOL....

Well, given your options, I'd pull that trigger.

In my dynasty league I have Roths, but have yet to give Tebow a contract off the taxi squad. Roths has a bye week 11, so I can wait, but I may give him a contract before week 11, waiting to see how he does this week. He has the right opponent....

:wacko:

I will certainly concede that I am wondering WDIS in this situation but the true point of this thread is to get a feel for how divided or united the Huddle community is on the topic, inspired by what I'm hearing elsewhere. Watching lots of espn and nfl network, looking at multiple internet sources as well as listening to xm fantasy football I'm finding this is a polarizing topic. Just curious as to how polarizing the Tebow thing really is. So far, not so much.

I think the "haters" are hung up on the whole mechanics/non-traditional style thing while the supporters seem to see that the guy just gets things done, especially from a fantasy perspective.

I'm still not completely sold but will still likely start him. Hell, based on what I've been getting from the position thus far and the fact that there must be a reason I went out and spent money during his bye week to acquire him...

Really? I'm a hugh Gators fan, but if you start Tebow over Stafford for any reason then you're an idiot. Even if he ends up scoring more points you have to go with Stafford with the consistency he's brought. Stafford has been money for his ADP so far, why rock the boat until you know a little more about Teblow?

Easy Cajn. The kool-aid ain't that good. :wacko:

I picked up tebow and battle last week so I dont use up my waiver wire pick. And I'm going to start tebow this week, with eli and ryan fitz on my bench. I dont know if I'll continue to start him after this week, but hes my best option for week 7. With that said, hypothetically if he pulls out a 30 point fantasy point game, then i really have some homework to do. But until then it really doesnt matter who i put in my lineup, im versing one of the lower end players in the league this week.

Easy Cajn. The kool-aid ain't that good. :wacko:

Sorry for saying you're an idiot. :tup: I still wouldn't start Tebow over Stafford in any case. Stafford is just too consistently good and Tebow is nearly a complete unknown. I think you're taking too big a risk for what will likely be very little payoff.

Sorry for saying you're an idiot. :wacko: I still wouldn't start Tebow over Stafford in any case. Stafford is just too consistently good and Tebow is nearly a complete unknown. I think you're taking too big a risk for what will likely be very little payoff.

I'd like to see you expound on this a bit. Tebow has put up some big FF numbers when given the opportunity and has been absolutely nails in the red zone in the chances he's been given. I'd like to see you support why you think Tebow's FF production is suddenly going to fall off substantially.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Tebow post good fantasy stats when h has had the chance. No way i would Start him over a Healthy Stafford.

I'd like to see you expound on this a bit. Tebow has put up some big FF numbers when given the opportunity and has been absolutely nails in the red zone in the chances he's been given. I'd like to see you support why you think Tebow's FF production is suddenly going to fall off substantially.

The way I read it, I believe Rajn is saying that the difference in points between your boy and Stafford will probably not be great enough to risk benching Stafford, who has played more and produced

The way I read it, I believe Rajn is saying that the difference in points between your boy and Stafford will probably not be great enough to risk benching Stafford, who has played more and produced

That wasn't what he said. He said starting Tebow would likely produce little payoff. I'm curious why he thinks that.

A whole lot of Stafford love around here.

Just curious - are people not seeing how his stats have regressed in the past 3 games since his red hot start, are they ignoring his extensive injury history, and that he's faced nothing but weak pass Ds so far?

No...I think they believe that with targets like Calvin and Pettigrew, versus targets like...um....wait, who are Denver's targets again? Also, the fact that Detroit is minus its #1 RB may lead some to believe that the Lions could come out chucking the ball all over the yard.

Stafford is the much safer play, and has the potential for a great day. Tebow is a riskier play in his first start under a new HC....but also has the potential for a great day.

Given the choice between the two....no-brainer, really :wacko:

No...I think they believe that with targets like Calvin and Pettigrew, versus targets like...um....wait, who are Denver's targets again? Also, the fact that Detroit is minus its #1 RB may lead some to believe that the Lions could come out chucking the ball all over the yard.

Stafford is the much safer play, and has the potential for a great day. Tebow is a riskier play in his first start under a new HC....but also has the potential for a great day.

Yep Exactly

I guess you're a better mind reader than me. I should have already known that. What was I thinking?

Just asking a simple question. Looking for him to support his assertion. Not attacking. Ease up there, big guy.

Edited by Bronco Billy

So if everything else is equal, if your opponent is say 30 pts better than you, you play Stafford and his seeming lock of 20-22 pts and a likely ceiling of say 25 to 26 pts - given where he seems to have settled in?

Edited by Bronco Billy

This is a starting Tebow thread.

Not a WDIS - Tebow of Stafford. :tup:

When talking about who is and isn't starting Tebow, and the reasons for making the decision, wouldn't it be a logical course of conversation to compare and contrast the different QBs that Tebow could either be started/benched in favor of?

Or should it be reduced to just a "yes" or "no" answer? :wacko: