[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone ever want to walk away from fantasy football?

MTSuper7

Began playing in 2004. Got up to 5 leagues going but found it had a negative impact on my long run schedule Sunday mornings [trying to run 20-24 miles and then make it back to check injury reports before kick off] so I quit in 2009. The last two years I'm back playing in one league and it's worked out. Lost in the finals last year and ATST enjoyed two of my best running years ever.

Edited by MothAudio

I play in 6 leagues and found I was having similar feeling last year. I figured out a solution that works for me. I dropped the Sunday Ticket and watch the games that are on TV. I don't worry about what my fantasy players are doing. I just watch and enjoy football. No laptop on my lap. No IPhone in my hand refreshing constantly. Watching a whole game and not flipping around or using REDZone allowed me to get back to being a football fan.

I now check my scores after the early games are over and then again before the 8:00 game. It doesn't really change anything to be constantly on edge.

If there is a game I need to see that isn't shown locally (and there have bben more than usual this year. :wacko:) I just go to a buddy's house or hit the bar.

I don't think it is the number of leagues you are in. It is more the level of obsession you have. People call FF a hobby. I used to be obsessed by it. Everyone has to find their comfort zone.

The only reason I play anymore is because of the leagues I'm in and the people in them.

This is me. I'm only in 4 leagues this year, and I'm fine with that.

I came to this determination after last year when I took a deep breath and thought about leaving only because I had the best team I ever assembled and lost in the first round. We're talking stars alligned with Vick, Foster, Bowe, A Johnson.

It's karma for employing a dog rape/murderer. :wacko:

"I play in 6 leagues and found I was having similar feeling last year. I figured out a solution that works for me. I dropped the Sunday Ticket and watch the games that are on TV. I don't worry about what my fantasy players are doing. I just watch and enjoy football. No laptop on my lap. No IPhone in my hand refreshing constantly. Watching a whole game and not flipping around or using REDZone allowed me to get back to being a football fan.

+1 - Everybody needs to quit the ticket until they bring the price back down to reality.

I felt the same a few years ago. I was in 4 leagues. I did well, but I was getting burned out. I never understood how anyone can be 8,10 leagues and enjoy it or be successful.

I got burned out. I eventually dropped three leagues so I could enjoy my personal league more.

It worked out for me. I enjoy playing again and I can enjoy my young family and other activities.

I've always said I'll do anything until it's not fun anymore.

You just need to prioritize stuff and decide what's important. If I were you, wouldn't quit altogether(heck, you owe it to the league to play through to the end).

Just think about what you want to get out of FF.

If it's not fun anymore, step back.

What this guy said. I couldn't imagine being in 3 leagues, that would be very burdensome and unfun to me. I'm only in my one league and that's all I need. I focus all of my energy into it, and as a result do well pretty much every year (although it does help that I'm in the weaker of the 2 conferences in my league). I say pick the one that's most fun and where you know the people in it the best, drop the other two and roll with it alone.

Edited by Crazysight

I am in 7 dynasty leagues, 1 (3) keeper league and a local redraft league. Next year will be drastically different as my daughter is getting older and having after school activities and I find myself having less and less free time for FF anymore.

I'm in 3 again this year. I have always been in two leagues for the past 10 years, and have been in FFL overall since the early 90's.

To me, 3 is too much and I'll probably leave the newest edition. (An auction league, that I just wanted to try once.) The two I've been in the longest are a Dynasty and Re-Draft.

Try changing things up a bit if you are feeling burned out. In the dynasty I had LJ, Holt, Owens, Gonzo, and Manning and dominated two years with them. We had come collusion in our league that wasn't addressed, so I traded all those studs away to start "rebuilding"..and to piss off the cheaters. Many said it was stupid to give them away, but starting over has put the fun back into it. The rebuild has also allowed me to let it go if I lose...it used to be I'd be pissed for a day or so if I lost, but at this point in life...it's only a game.

Try leaving a league or two and just rebuilding.

Good Luck. :wacko:

Edited by Ed Hoyle

I was pretty down on the NFL with the labor dispute, topped off by working two jobs... I nearly walked away, but held on to two leagues. The injury bug has completely killed my chances in one league and damaged me big time in the other. That is the luck factor.

Having said that, next year I think I want to go back to 4 leagues. I draft well, but bad luck can pop up like a reef while sailing in calm waters, and it really bites to be at this point in the season with no chance at winning. In the past with more teams, I had something to keep me interested.

So, rather than cutting back, next year I'll add another 2 leagues or so.

If I ever change job I'd have to cut back for time and honestly it still gets to be a drag. Being a commish seems to make it worse. Probably be easier to drop leagues if I didn't win money

Edited by Zooty

I have won our league twice in 5 years, 14 team ppr. This year is HARD!! 1st round pick AJ out with injury. 2nd round Roddy is slow to start, 3rd round man Jahvid is out, fourth round Eli is doing well, 5th round Tolbert is on concussion wagon.

Lost my SLEEPER Harrison to health, Amendola to injury, Rashaad Jennings to injury.

And it always seems I grab the wrong guy off the wavier wires, I have been waiting for Antonio Brown to explode but has only been a lady finger fire cracker.

COULD BE GOING FROM 1ST TO WORST IN 1 YEAR. OUCH!!!!

If I ever change job I'd have to cut back for time and honestly it still gets to be a drag. Being a commish seems to make it worse. Probably be easier to drop leagues if I didn't win money

I feel the exact same way. I've got three leagues, all of which I routinely make the playoffs and usually win money. At some point though, the time investment isn't worth it. I mean, unless you are winning $100k leagues like Muto I guess, but then again, who needs that kind of stress. This isn't a full time job for most of us.

I play in 6 leagues and found I was having similar feeling last year. I figured out a solution that works for me. I dropped the Sunday Ticket and watch the games that are on TV. I don't worry about what my fantasy players are doing. I just watch and enjoy football. No laptop on my lap. No IPhone in my hand refreshing constantly. Watching a whole game and not flipping around or using REDZone allowed me to get back to being a football fan.

I now check my scores after the early games are over and then again before the 8:00 game. It doesn't really change anything to be constantly on edge.

If there is a game I need to see that isn't shown locally (and there have bben more than usual this year. :wacko:) I just go to a buddy's house or hit the bar.

I don't think it is the number of leagues you are in. It is more the level of obsession you have. People call FF a hobby. I used to be obsessed by it. Everyone has to find their comfort zone.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I am in 6 leagues but don't feel the need to track what's happening while watching the games. I may check in at some point during the day but for the most part I enjoy watching the games. Do I think 6 leagues is too many?...yeah probably. But 3 or 4 is probably perfect given different formats. I want an auction league, a redraft, a keeper and a dynasty.