[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jahvid Best "advised to sit out rest of season"

gbpackersfan

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfo...970/jahvid-best

"CBSSports.com NFL Insider Mike Freeman reported Thursday that Lions RB Jahvid Best has been advised by people close to him to "strongly consider sitting out the year" after suffering his second concussion of the season. "

Thoughts?

Edited by gbpackersfan

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfo...970/jahvid-best

"CBSSports.com NFL Insider Mike Freeman reported Thursday that Lions RB Jahvid Best has been advised by people close to him to "strongly consider sitting out the year" after suffering his second concussion of the season. "

Thoughts?

I wouldn't go over-reacting to this statement...those close people could be his mom and grandmom...you know, because they are worried about him...I am not saying his concussion isn't something to worry about, it is...just that I would wait and see what the team and Best have to say about the matter.

what's hard to understand?

James Davis had some hype when he entered the NFL. He was just signed to DET's practice squad. He's already on the practice squad injury report.

Is that clear enough for you or should I draw some pictures?

drunken pocs are the best....

"I'M SO DRFUNK RIGHT NOW" - LordOpie

-who is dr funk? - me

Morris will not be pushed aside for a healthy Harrison. Harrison might be a slightly better pure runner, but he's a space cadet when it comes to blocking and not nearly as good as MoMo at receiving.

So who has the real FF value. Momo has always been a decent backup. Just not sure what Keiland has in the tank.

maybe he's assuming Harrison will be healthy?...what was the holdup in his trade to Philly?

I don't know that the specific injury or health issue has been disclosed. Just that Harrison failed his physical with the Eagles. As I noted in another thread, Harrison was with the Eagles for the latter part of 2010, so did they know something and were just playing with the Lions and Brown?

The big question is IF Best does sit out the season, who will take over and will they put up usable fantasy stats.

For teams that are week at RB Morris, Williams and even Harrison may be worth a shot. Especially if you've got other worthless guys on your roster that can be dropped.

If Best ends the season, Morris would get the majority of carries but I can see a RBBC forming until/unless a back takes over and dominates. The Lions need a pass catching type as this is a pass-first offense. May hear a few names on the "practice squad" over the next few weeks if this lingers.

what's hard to understand?

James Davis had some hype when he entered the NFL. He was just signed to DET's practice squad. He's already on the practice squad injury report.

Is that clear enough for you or should I draw some pictures?

Nope its clear now that not when you actually give some information and tell us who James Davis is why it is relavent to this thread.

Somebody mentioned a trade for V. Davis then you're talking about James Davis so i was a little :wacko:

I don't know that the specific injury or health issue has been disclosed. Just that Harrison failed his physical with the Eagles. As I noted in another thread, Harrison was with the Eagles for the latter part of 2010, so did they know something and were just playing with the Lions and Brown?

The big question is IF Best does sit out the season, who will take over and will they put up usable fantasy stats.

For teams that are week at RB Morris, Williams and even Harrison may be worth a shot. Especially if you've got other worthless guys on your roster that can be dropped.

really?

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/sta...064269824065536

Without trade, Jerome Harrison doesn't get physical. Without physical, doctors don't find brain tumor. Trade might have saved his life.
Edited by keggerz