[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A League Like This?

Huzz

12 person Auction league that starts with $200 salary. 3 Divisions with 4 teams making the playoffs 3 Div winners and 1 wild card. Can keep two players but only players picked in the previous draft that have an auction value. Each keeper can only be held for 2 seasons by any team then must go back into the draft pool. Each season kept players are given a 20% raise of their auction value each season. APeterson draft for $70 dollars kept at $84 the next year off of the $200 auction salary.

The kicker of this league is that you are allowed to trade players until week 9 and those trades can include auciton dollars from only the next seasons draft or waiver wire money used for blind bids. Provided of course that you pony up the entry fee a year inadvance.

Just curious because this is the first season. I am 5-1 in my division with a team that I think can win until the end. Its pretty obvious at this point which teams are going to win divisions. So at this point in the season most of the teams sitting at 1-5 or 2-4 are starting to work towards the next season and are trading with those 3-3 or 4-2 teams that are trying to inch their way closer.

Recent trade (last night) sent PRivers, SJackson, MJD for BRothberger, JStarks, MTolbert and $35 auction dollars. Then the same owner also traded RMathews for DWoodhead and $15 auction dollars. That owner is now sitting at $250 auction dollars next season with a bunk team and traded into my division with a team 3-3 the Rivers, Jackson, MJD.

What are opinions on this sort of league and if you have played in one what were some of the strategies used to improve this season and next?

This sort of league is not my cup of tea. I either do redraft or dynasty.

I don't see how a league like this can last. There will constantly be someone getting screwed over at the last minute by some ridiculous dumping like listed above. I would try your best to win it this year and find another league for next.

Trading auction dollars in-season leads to these kinds of trades which are the nature of all keeper leagues that allow trades of future equity. It's no different that the first trade being for a first round pick, or moving up from a 4th to a 2nd, etc. All keeper leagues have to deal with this potential. The best response is to get on the horn and get your own deal done.

I suggest you restrict trading for auction dollars to the offseason. Trades will still happen during the season, but they won't be this egregious. Off-season is spiced up too since the guy with three good keepers will pick up a couple of bucks, and someone will get a decent keeper for a decent discount.