[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alternative Waiver Method

NOSaint237

It's an auction league. We have 200pts to spend on draft day (don't have to spend all). In order to acquire a free agent, assuming you have no available salary, we have to drop a player to get that player's salary to use on bids. This is very constrictive, obviously, on what you can do. More times than not, because of necessity you have to drop a decent player to acquire another.

I play in 3 other leagues that use a 100pt waiver salary system. This system is frowned upon by most in the auction league. Arguement is that it takes away a lot of importance from the draft, which I get and have come to terms with.

Are there any alternative's that any other leagues use? Is there anything in the realm of "borrowing" points from injured or underperforming players that anyone uses? Me and commish have tossed around ideas about that.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

We use a luxury tax system and it works great.

Say your entry fee is $50 and you cap is C100. It would cost $25 luxury tax to bump it back up up to C95.

1. In the unlikely event an owner has been patient (missing) from the waiver wire action, sitting on C100, they will have the ability to oudbid the other active owners on a player, as C95 is their re-up max. It sorta brings waiver priority back into the mix...

2. You can't exceed C95, it's a set ceiling. (George Steinbrenner rule)

3. The pot gets much bigger. As we charge per transaction too.

Hope this helps.