[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ingram owners

SLAYER

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's the same Pierre that made me high on him heading into last season, but won't get the touches he needs to be fantasy relevant in leagues 10 and below...unless you have a deep bench, but Ingram appears to be the more complete back out of the bunch that can handle the load...Pierre looks real small and Sproles is a home-run threat when he's fresh which means he's only going to eat up enough to create a 3 headed monster...

Ingram, to me seems like the 3rd wheel in this offense...or at least feels like when I am watching them....

Now up to #20 in PPR leagues....dude has surprised yet again this year, and is not only rosterable in 10-team leagues, is worth starting consistently as a RB2 or flex (at worst). Mid-to-upper teens in production 4 of the last five weeks.

Now up to #20 in PPR leagues....dude has surprised yet again this year, and is not only rosterable in 10-team leagues, is worth starting consistently as a RB2 or flex (at worst). Mid-to-upper teens in production 4 of the last five weeks.

he still was not worth drafting where people were discussing drafting him in the pre-season thread.....(that has mysteriously disappeared :wacko:)

I think it was during the game that the announcers were talking about Ingram and they mentioned how Sean Payton said that Ingram was the complete package of speed and power and finesse and that he said - literally - "the only thing that is keeping Ingram from being rookie of the year is me".

To which I said - literally - "Yes YOU DICK!"

So dynasty leaguers...if we're redoing your supplemental rookie draft today, is Ingram in the top 10? I'm curious what people think...

To me, the top 10 would be something like this...

1. Murray

2. Green

3. Newton (Newton and Green could flip and I wouldn't argue)

4. Helu(?)

5. Dalton

6. Jones

7. Antonio Brown (This is first possible spot I could see Ingram being placed)

8. Hunter (I'm a fan boi)

9. Daniel Thomas

10. Ingram

Am I very wrong?

he still was not worth drafting where people were discussing drafting him in the pre-season thread.....(that has mysteriously disappeared :wacko:)

my above comment was about Pierre Thomas...just FYI.

ETA: but in regards to Ingram, I had him mid-to-upper teens at the end of the year in terms of overall RBs....and much of my speculation had him doing very little the first half of the year as he learned the offense and blitz pick-up.

he's currently in the low 20's....lets see if a solid final 5 games can get him into the teens.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I think it was during the game that the announcers were talking about Ingram and they mentioned how Sean Payton said that Ingram was the complete package of speed and power and finesse and that he said - literally - "the only thing that is keeping Ingram from being rookie of the year is me".

To which I said - literally - "Yes YOU DICK!"

In a crowded backfield and with the kind of passing attack the Saints have, will he ever be more than a spot flex play?

FWIW, here is my original post from the pre-season Ingram thread....

the Ingram injury certainly hampered his production, and allowed PT to contribute longer, and cement his place in this offense.

PT finished 18th in standard PPR formats...ahead of the likes of Turner, Mendenhall, Tomlinson, Forte, and Barber (all RBs likely drafted ahead of him). Not sure you can say PT didn't have fantasy value when he was about as solid a RB2 as one could hope for.

FWIW..I see Ingram as a solid high RB2 this year, who will likely finish around 14th-16th overall. His ability to pick up blitzes he has never seen will play a big factor in how much faith Payton has in keeping him in the game on passing downs. They have a back in PT that already has that ability, and with his talents, I see PT still having a large role in this pass-first offense...at least early in the year. But if Ingram learns quickly, and becomes a complete RB sooner than later...he could dazzle this year and indeed produce a top-10 finish.