[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crazy finish to the MSU - Wisconsin game

Puddy

Even crazier than that. It was never ruled incomplete, just that the ball hadn't crossed the goalline. The official right there looking at the ball was very hesitant and made no ruling. The official on the sideline who would have only seen the receivers back ruled him down inside the one and the official in the middle of the field with the best look at the ball followed suit and ruled him down.

I personally think that the ball was probably over the line as it appeared that his upper body and arms were right at the goal line. The camera right at the goalline must have been in a bad spot because it was rocking back and forth from the fans going crazy in the stands. No replay that they showed on CBS actually showed the ball, just a mass of arms and hands and bodies.

It seems to me that there was no definitive look to overrule the call on the field. I wonder what the officials saw that made them overturn it? I'm guessing they saw his one arm and hand at the goalline and just supposed that the ball was in it at the time for the score.

Even crazier than that. It was never ruled incomplete, just that the ball hadn't crossed the goalline. The official right there looking at the ball was very hesitant and made no ruling. The official on the sideline who would have only seen the receivers back ruled him down inside the one and the official in the middle of the field with the best look at the ball followed suit and ruled him down.

I personally think that the ball was probably over the line as it appeared that his upper body and arms were right at the goal line. The camera right at the goalline must have been in a bad spot because it was rocking back and forth from the fans going crazy in the stands. No replay that they showed on CBS actually showed the ball, just a mass of arms and hands and bodies.

It seems to me that there was no definitive look to overrule the call on the field. I wonder what the officials saw that made them overturn it? I'm guessing they saw his one arm and hand at the goalline and just supposed that the ball was in it at the time for the score.

Maybe your TV is too small or not hi(enough) def but I have no stake in that game other than it being great entertainment and the ball was clearly directly above the goalline and a touchdown. They even stopped it there and zoomed in at one point.

Either way you choose to see it, that was as dramatic a finish as we'll get all year. Glad I stayed up to watch.

Maybe your TV is too small or not hi(enough) def but I have no stake in that game other than it being great entertainment and the ball was clearly directly above the goalline and a touchdown. They even stopped it there and zoomed in at one point.

Either way you choose to see it, that was as dramatic a finish as we'll get all year. Glad I stayed up to watch.

yep - everyone in the bar I was in agreed it was 6 - great game and W by Sparty

:wacko: Yeah, that's it. Glad your TV comes with 3-D beer googles.

That chit was crazy.

Slightly different note...

Now Michigan state is playing against Nebraska this week. The insane part is that somehow the early odds say that Nebraska is favored. For the life of me I have no idea why. Nebraska got worked by Wisconsin and Michigan State just beat them. I know it is a home game for NU but how you could favor them by 4 or 5 points is boggling to me. I don't do much sports betting, but it looks like something you could bet your house on. Nebraska rolled a lifeless Minnesota team but that doesn't change the serious issues they have on both offense and defense. :wacko:

That chit was crazy.

Slightly different note...

Now Michigan state is playing against Nebraska this week. The insane part is that somehow the early odds say that Nebraska is favored. For the life of me I have no idea why. Nebraska got worked by Wisconsin and Michigan State just beat them. I know it is a home game for NU but how you could favor them by 4 or 5 points is boggling to me. I don't do much sports betting, but it looks like something you could bet your house on. Nebraska rolled a lifeless Minnesota team but that doesn't change the serious issues they have on both offense and defense. :wacko:

NU is too one-dimensional for the big ten. We just beat Wisco, without Gholston. Spartans travel well also. I hope we go and win out the rest of the season which is very possible, only really tough games will be NU and Iowa(because they're home). We may get a chance to put Penn State down and go to the Rose Bowl if we can preform well enough and Penn State doesn't lose. that would really suck for wisconsin

NU is too one-dimensional for the big ten. We just beat Wisco, without Gholston. Spartans travel well also. I hope we go and win out the rest of the season which is very possible, only really tough games will be NU and Iowa(because they're home). We may get a chance to put Penn State down and go to the Rose Bowl if we can preform well enough and Penn State doesn't lose. that would really suck for wisconsin

Our quarterback is dumb as a box of hammers, but I don't know if I'd say one dimensional is the right phrase. :wacko: Truth is I think our speed guys are something that Michigan State doesn't match up that well to (along with our defense does better against a less mobile QB). I just don't know if the new OC is really up to making the right game plan. I'm a Nebraska fan and a Bears fan and at times its like watching the same team. Sometimes the defense is great, sometimes they suck. Sometimes the offense can put up tons of points, sometimes it looks like they've never seen a freakin football before. I just couldn't believe that NU is favored. Unless Vegas is just betting on a let down game for Michigan State you'd have to think that Sparty would be the favored or at least it'd be a pick um.

As a Penn State, I can guarantee you that WON'T happen. I'll give my Nittany Lions credit for finding ways to win, but, they simply aren't that talented. It looks like they finally are letting McGloin have the starting job, which is a good thing, but, with Illinois & Nebraska at home and Ohio State & Wisconsin on the road, I think we go 2-2 at best during that stretch. I hope I'm wrong, but, I think PSU's record is more a part of playing the easy part of their schedule first.

What about now?

:wacko: Hmm.. Mysteriously you don't say anything until Nebraska lays an egg (and honestly that loss is on the defense, the offense wasn't too "one dimensional" which was the previous point). Great job Sparty did against that tough Minnesota squad they squeaked by. :tup: