[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

62 - 7

alexgaddis

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

classless act on the saints part!

Not sure if you're being serious here but assuming you are, I was wondering myself how the Saints could possibly avoid being accused of running up the score when they were up 41 (48-7) in the third and still had a full quarter to play. Should they have turned it over deliberately? Punted on third down?

Not sure if you're being serious here but assuming you are, I was wondering myself how the Saints could possibly avoid being accused of running up the score when they were up 41 (48-7) in the third and still had a full quarter to play. Should they have turned it over deliberately? Punted on third down?

Clearly they should kneel on every down.

Or maybe NO should try to score unless IND promises not to try to score any more.

Personally I was a little baffled on why Sproles was out there running with 4 minutes left to go in the game. You've got an embarassed and pissed off defense out there - and you've got essentially the guy who your offense runs through still carrying the rock. You've got a few other RB's on your roster. Put Thomas out there - what about Chris Ivory?? What about that big fat fullback they rarely use?

I think the commentators were harping on the same thing late in the 4th quarter. Sure, nothing happened - but why risk it??

On the other hand, neither myself or my opponent have anyone going tonight, I have Sproles, won by 2!!!!!

Edited by Shorttynaz

Personally I was a little baffled on why Sproles was out there running with 4 minutes left to go in the game. You've got an embarassed and pissed off defense out there - and you've got essentially the guy who your offense runs through still carrying the rock. You've got a few other RB's on your roster. Put Thomas out there - what about Chris Ivory?? What about that big fat fullback they rarely use?

I think the commentators were harping on the same thing late in the 4th quarter. Sure, nothing happened - but why risk it??

On the other hand, neither myself or my opponent have anyone going tonight, I have Sproles, won by 2!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Ivory wasn't active, so it was either Thomas or Sproles. I'm sure if the saints knew they would be up by 50+ points they would have activated him. I can't imagine they really wanted Sproles OR Thomas running in such garbage time, but you gotta run some kind of play. :wacko:

Edited by DanTheMan_5

I'm pretty sure Ivory wasn't active, so it was either Thomas or Sproles. I'm sure if the saints knew they would be up by 50+ points they would have activated him. I can't imagine they really wanted Sproles OR Thomas running in such garbage time, but you gotta run some kind of play. :wacko:

Ivory still on PUP. and to activate him they need to cut a RB/WR which they won't do unless there is a serious injury.

Somehow I missed where Belichick took over for the injured Sean Payton, with the Pats being on their bye week. Alas, it wasn't Belichik, however, he would have gotten Brees two more passing TDs. Clearly, someone had to pay for the Saints loss to the Bucs last week.

Edited by Tripleshot

saw on twitter where the Saints 62 points is more than the Rams had scored all year :wacko:

And guess who the Rams get next week at home? Who wants to go to the game with me? May have a hard time getting someone to go.

They did go easy on them! It could have been 97-7

What are you suppose to do when the other team sucks that bad?

It's like when I am playing golf and the other guy's entire round goes something like shank, water, woods, three-putt? It is so bad that I can't even come close and I already suck trust me.

There is only so much you can do here.

Colts D is paper. Saints coming home after road trip. If anyone hasn't already pointed this out - JUMbotron called it. Just wish I would of had the nuts to lay one down.

I watched the Rams video. That would be enough to make me stop rooting for STL, even if I lived there. Good laugh. STL fans lose major swag points

It's like when I am playing golf and the other guy's entire round goes something like shank, water, woods, three-putt? It is so bad that I can't even come close and I already suck trust me.

Colts D is paper. Saints coming home after road trip. If anyone hasn't already pointed this out - JUMbotron called it. Just wish I would of had the nuts to lay one down.

I watched the Rams video. That would be enough to make me stop rooting for STL, even if I lived there. Good laugh. STL fans lose major swag points

Hey, we didn't do it. We know when to freakin cheer! :wacko:

Must have seen me play golf before, because you're describing my game to a tee!

classless act on the saints part!

1 2 3 4 T

IND 14 10 24 7 55

NO 0 10 3 8 21

2003 Match-up no ease up here. No the score was not as one sided, but I was at this game, no mercy by the Colts, Manning was putting on a clinic.

#2 - Fire Jim Caldwell, PLEASE!!

I know Caldwell is not out there making plays, but his players don't play for him. They've all given up. They're just going through the motions. A good coach would have his team ready to play week in and week out, regardless of the record. Caldwell looks like a thinner and darker Wade Phillips of last year. Just going through the motions...

Bill Polian had this to say about firing Caldwell:

"Anybody who hits a losing streak is going to be considered fair game. I think Coach has done a great job as far as keeping everybody focused. We play hard every week we give it our best shot every week. Can we play smarter in some situations? Absolutely. Can we play more efficiently in some situations? Absolutely”, said Polian.

“After the game in New Orleans he (Jim Caldwell) was the first guy in the locker-room to say listen, I think this is what we need to do to make sure we give Curtis (Painter) the best chance to win and we do the best job we can by our offense. He is on top of all those details. This is a difficult time for everybody. But I can assure you Jim Caldwell is more than doing his job," said Polian.

He's going a great job? On top of all the details? More than doing his job? I really think they need to take a look and reevaluate his job description.

Bill Polian had this to say about firing Caldwell:

"Anybody who hits a losing streak is going to be considered fair game. I think Coach has done a great job as far as keeping everybody focused. We play hard every week we give it our best shot every week. Can we play smarter in some situations? Absolutely. Can we play more efficiently in some situations? Absolutely”, said Polian.

“After the game in New Orleans he (Jim Caldwell) was the first guy in the locker-room to say listen, I think this is what we need to do to make sure we give Curtis (Painter) the best chance to win and we do the best job we can by our offense. He is on top of all those details. This is a difficult time for everybody. But I can assure you Jim Caldwell is more than doing his job," said Polian.

He's going a great job? On top of all the details? More than doing his job? I really think they need to take a look and reevaluate his job description.

It is what executives say, "coach speak" so to say.

It is what executives say, "coach speak" so to say.

And calling for the coaches head is what fans do. I think there is plenty of blame to go around with the Colts. Manning did not play defense and the defense has been horrible. The front office should have been better prepared for life without Manning, they weren't. Should they be fired as well.

As a fan of team that has seen its share of coaches run out of town I can tell you that a new coach every couple of years doens't make your team better. It just gives you more excuses for sucking for a few years because of all the changes.

This is pro football, not little league. If the Colts don't like getting scored on they should have done something about it.

Yeah, the Colts should have played the Chargers instead. The Bolts never run the score up on anybody.