[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

62 - 7

alexgaddis

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow someone else who shares my opinion.

:wacko:

I won't bother with the research but I know over the last 10 years or so the Colts have kept their starters/Manning in the game into the 4th qtr. when the game was well in hand.

All I was worried about was the Saints beating the Bears 1940 73-0 victory over the skins. :tup:

As a fan of team that has seen its share of coaches run out of town I can tell you that a new coach every couple of years doens't make your team better. It just gives you more excuses for sucking for a few years because of all the changes.
Agreed, but Caldwell isn't the answer. Colts defense has gone from #7 in points allowed in 2008 (Dungy's last year) to 8th, 23rd, and 32nd so far this year. In defensive yards allowed, it's just as bad going from 4th, to 13th, 19th, and 25th. Offense has gone down as well in points and yards during Caldwell's tenure. He had the world's easiest job as QB/asst head coach. When it became his time to shine, he was nothing but a faint glimmer of a pee-wee football coach.

Agreed, but Caldwell isn't the answer. Colts defense has gone from #7 in points allowed in 2008 (Dungy's last year) to 8th, 23rd, and 32nd so far this year. In defensive yards allowed, it's just as bad going from 4th, to 13th, 19th, and 25th. Offense has gone down as well in points and yards during Caldwell's tenure. He had the world's easiest job as QB/asst head coach. When it became his time to shine, he was nothing but a faint glimmer of a pee-wee football coach.

And if Peyton was healthy, and the Colts were 6-1, woud fans be calling for Caldwell to be fired? NO Were people calling for him to be fired last year when they had already regressed significantly on defense?

The fact is, when a team does poorly the coach is often a scapegoat.

Is the decline in defense all Caldwell's fault? Have they lost key players? Have other teams they play regularly gotten better on offense?

He may be as bad as you say, and if so I'd put a lot of blame on Dungy since Caldwell was his hand picked replacement (and also on the front office for rubber stamping that).

And if Peyton was healthy, and the Colts were 6-1, woud fans be calling for Caldwell to be fired? NO Were people calling for him to be fired last year when they had already regressed significantly on defense?

Actually, I was in fact calling for him to get fired even when they were winning.

They were winning in spite of him, not because of, and it was plain as day to see.

When I play John Madden Football for the XBOX I want to score the most points I possibly can and then rub it in my opponents face until the next we play and I hope to repeat this.

When I play a couple games around this time of year I will run up the score big time. I also have had 7+ concussions so I don't remember the score. That's my excuse. :wacko: