[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Under The Numbers

JUMbotron

3:05 am Oct 25

Under The Numbers

"First off, I’ve noticed Stafford has been doing weird things since in the Week 4 game vs. Dallas – side-arming his throws, a lot of back-foot stuff, a la Jay Cutler. I could almost swear it started after DeMarcus Ware hit him in the 3rd quarter back on Oct. 2. Aside from this new leg injury I wonder if Stafford’s right shoulder or arm has been bothering him for a while."

11:53 am Oct 25

Detroit Free Press

http://www.freep.com/article/20111025/SPOR...ssey=nav%7Chead

Lions coach Jim Schwartz said Monday, “I don’t think (Stafford’s) health has anything to do with” some of the struggles he’s had lately. But on his weekly radio appearance today on WXYT-FM (97.1), Schwartz acknowledged that Stafford has been throwing sidearm some. “He’s had a couple of those, but I don’t know if it’s any more going back,” Schwartz said. “He made a couple those, particularly on some of his play-action passes where he’s gotten them underneath. He’s also had some balls tipped and I think two in a row tipped that were high passes. He wasn’t sidearm at all.

"I think every competitor plans on playing," Stafford said in an appearance on the Mitch Albom Show on WJR-AM (760) today. "We'll see if that comes true. I've got to keep getting better to get there, but I want to, obviously."

Need a one-week Vita-Boost? Pick up Shaun Hill now.

"I think every competitor plans on playing," Stafford said in an appearance on the Mitch Albom Show on WJR-AM (760) today. "We'll see if that comes true. I've got to keep getting better to get there, but I want to, obviously."

Need a one-week Vita-Boost? Pick up Shaun Hill now.

already did it and now carry 3 QB's :wacko: but at least if Hill comes back and lights it up, Stafford may be forced to "straighten out his mechanics"...

per rotoworld:

Matthew Stafford (ankle) was taking the first-team reps in skeleton drills during Thursday's practice.

Stafford is trending in the right direction. Yesterday, he just stretched and jogged while Shaun Hill handled the first-team work. Today, beat writers observed Stafford moving better and walking "fine." We'll know more after practice, but for now owners can pencil Stafford into lineups.

per rotoworld:

Matthew Stafford (ankle) was taking the first-team reps in skeleton drills during Thursday's practice.

Stafford is trending in the right direction. Yesterday, he just stretched and jogged while Shaun Hill handled the first-team work. Today, beat writers observed Stafford moving better and walking "fine." We'll know more after practice, but for now owners can pencil Stafford into lineups.

that is very confusing ...Stafford at practice, just stretching while Hill takes 1st team reps...

I have a hunch that if this game gets ugly early, Stafford will get pulled...

lol sounds like Chris Wesseling (Rotoworld) is an eager beaver who owns Stafford - "pencil him in" (!)

Sounds like the guys at CBS Sports also own him :wacko:

Matthew Stafford, QB DET

News: The Detroit News reports Lions QB Matthew Stafford (ankle) practiced Thursday after being limited to individual reps on Wednesday. Coach Jim Schwartz said Wednesday that Stafford would start Week 8 against the Broncos if he is active, despite Shaun Hill getting first-team reps during practice this week. Stafford was working with the first-team offense Thursday, while Hill returned to the backup role.

Analysis: The fact Stafford is back practicing and working with the starting offense is a great sign. Now, we just have to hope he doesn't have a setback before Sunday. Have a healthier alternative available just in case, but it seems as though Fantasy owners should prepare to start Stafford in Week 8.