[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another view of running up the score

MustOfBeenDrunk

Unless I'm way off base ??

Many NFL players have contract $$ tied to their performance

So when we see a score like this weekend of 62 - 7

and some people claim it is classless to run up the score

if a player on that winning team salary is tied to how many

Sacks

Tackles

Touch Downs

Receptions

Rushing Yards

How do you ask a player or team not to preform to their best when it would mean

taken money away form their kids education or just their pay check ?

Uh, if you don't want the score run up on you, play better. It's a pretty basic concept. :wacko:

I agree 100% but even if a coach wanted to cut another team some slack, if he had to do it at the cost of a players salary that wouldn't be fair either is my point

I agree 100% but even if a coach wanted to cut another team some slack, if he had to do it at the cost of a players salary that wouldn't be fair either is my point

This is a little bit of a reach. I can see what you are getting at but I dont think it will come into a coaches thinking when deciding if they should keep their foot on the gas.

I am the type of person who loves watching records being broken. So when I found out that the Saints were 12 points away from breaking the single-game scoring record with almost an entire quarter to go, I found myself a little disappointed that they weren't going to do it based on sportsmanship. I understand why, don't get me wrong, but I was disappointed nonetheless.

I am the type of person who loves watching records being broken. So when I found out that the Saints were 12 points away from breaking the single-game scoring record with almost an entire quarter to go, I found myself a little disappointed that they weren't going to do it based on sportsmanship. I understand why, don't get me wrong, but I was disappointed nonetheless.

Yeah, I was worried with 12 minutes left. They could have done it I think. Although the Bears would still hold the largest margin of victory record. :wacko:

I don't think the players on the field often slack off intentionally. It's the coaches who have more control over the running up of the score by whether or not they leave the regulars in, and the play calling choices.

They could have pounded them for another 14-17 easy.