[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buy low on Chris Johnson?

gbpackersfan

Yeah, I know, CJ has been awful this year. I get it. But at some point, he has to turn it around right?

Last 3:

@ Cle - 23-101 with 2rec-11.. Break out game

@ Pit - 14-51 1td with 3rec-14.. Thats 14 ff pts, not bad agaisnt the Steelers

v Hou - 10-18 with 6rec-27.. They lost 41-7, cant really fault him much for this

Look at his remaining schedule. Tell me one team that will put up a big lead on them. (Colts, Bengals, Panthers, Falcons, Bucs, Bills, Saints, Colts, Jags) Ok, Saints. Other than that a bunch of close games where CJ will get force fed the ball. Anyone else think that nows the time to buy low on this former #1 overall pick? Or I am nuts?

**Side note, what do you think it would take to get him?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ means chris johnson, being that the thread is about buying low on chris johnson...

So you think Murray will continue to be a RB1/RB2 for the rest of the year? I'm guessing that Jerra loves Felix sooooo much that he will force a RBBC to happen. And you know the cowboys are a pass first offense anyhow. I just see Murray dropping off and I think CJ2K has a super easy remaining schedule.

I have offered Cam, Ced Ben and Mike Williams (TB) for Brady and Chris Johnson, dude wont do it. I think that a very fair trade IMO...

I dont.. Benson has had 2 good games all year and offers nothing in receptions and Mike Williams is terrible. Cam is a great qb, but I would still rather have Brady. If I had CJ, I wouldnt give up on him for that offer.

Btw, I offered Welker/Lynch for Gore/CJ. Ive gone back and forth on this offer ever since I proposed it. Our league is .5pt per reception, so Welker has been a stud, but if CJ can turn it around, my team would be stacked as hell. (Can later trade Beanie for #1 wr)

Look, a trade involving Chris Johnson is like the house up for sale by the sentimental owner who has not adjusted to market reality. Everyone else knows what the house is really worth, but the owner's locked-in mentality prevents a sale at true value.

You'd better have a good reason to think he'll turn it around if you're going to buy at all. Whatever his issue is it started last year. We've heard "he's not in game shape yet" or "he hasn't had his fullback" or "he has to get in sync with the offense." He's been buy low since week 3. Those excuses no longer hold water.

He just had 18 yards on 10 carries. 18 yards. The other team's defense didn't say they had a good game plan, or that they were very motivated to win - they said CJ2K has gone soft. His schedule is beautiful, he's uber-talented, and mentally completely checked out.

In the absence of some come-to-Jesus moment for the guy, I'm passing.

No way I make that trade. Murray >> CJ

Yeah because one game against the worst rush D in the league is a lot to go on. Oh, with the team's #1 out and their supposed #2 out with a shoulder separation. And, for the second game in a row, he took himself out due to getting winded.

Sorry, not buying Murray just yet. And I own him in a dynasty league and hope he figures out a way to keep playing despite being tired.

Yeah because one game against the worst rush D in the league is a lot to go on. Oh, with the team's #1 out and their supposed #2 out with a shoulder separation. And, for the second game in a row, he took himself out due to getting winded.

Sorry, not buying Murray just yet. And I own him in a dynasty league and hope he figures out a way to keep playing despite being tired.

I believe he had a phenomenal game against a very weak defense and am trying to sell high.....no bites yet..

Having watched the Texans-Titans game, CJ was garbage. Straight up garbage.

He was avoiding hits and scampering around like he was scared. It was ugly.

At this point, he's not movable. You'd have to be an idiot to part with anything of value and those who have him can't afford to just ditch him for a total schlub.

I'm just glad I got rid of him when it still seemed "too early" to give up on him so I actually got a good player for him. I'd like to think it was being smart, but it was more like being desperate because I needed points right away and couldn't afford to wait him out. Looks like I'd still be waiting...

I traded him in a big package trade in a ppr keeper league. I traded CJ, Wayne, Branch, and a 6th for Dez Bryant, Heyward-Bey, O.Daniels, and a 1st. I feel it was a pretty fair trade for both teams. I got good keeper value w/Dez and he was hurting a RB due to Charles' injury early. He now has Rice and CJ as his starting RB's. That could turn out to be huge. I can now continue to start Sproles each week without feeling guilty about having CJ on my bench, plus I upgraded at WR.

I traded Decker and Murray for Chris Johnson. The only reason is because neither Murray/Decker would see the light of day on my lineup. I already have McCoy/Mathews/Hills and Welker/Jennings/White. I have to start 5/6 of those and CJ's remaining schedule is pretty nice.

What about Owen Daniels for CJ straight up?

I'm helping an employee manage her team. She's got Jimmy Graham and Daniels. Which is particularly useless because they both have the same bye.

I mean, at first blush it seems like a horrible trade for the CJ team but for the fact that Daniels has outscored him and plays a position that typically doesn't score as well. This guy's TE is Watson from Cleveland.

I just traded Hillis for CJ. I'm happy with the deal. They are saying CJ came into the season out of shape. He could easily turn it on in the second half of the season. He's high risk/high reward. Hillis is also high risk/high reward, but I just have this feeling that Hillis is faking injuries due to his contract situation and may continue doing so. But he'll have to start putting up some numbers at some point to not hurt his value in the free agency market. But maybe Holmgren will be tired of his antics and not let him be the feature back out of spite. Too much drama. At least with CJ his only issues are on the field.

maybe my opinion is a little biased cuz i own Hillis, but I think you're giving up a little too early. Everyone panicked when Arian Foster had hammy issues and controversy over ben tate stealing carries and look what happened. I understand there might be some blocking issues with the Titans, but CJ2K has been completely healthy and still hasn't produced. And as far as the drama goes, I assure you there's plenty of CJ2K drama in TEN as well.

Look, a trade involving Chris Johnson is like the house up for sale by the sentimental owner who has not adjusted to market reality. Everyone else knows what the house is really worth, but the owner's locked-in mentality prevents a sale at true value.

You'd better have a good reason to think he'll turn it around if you're going to buy at all. Whatever his issue is it started last year. We've heard "he's not in game shape yet" or "he hasn't had his fullback" or "he has to get in sync with the offense." He's been buy low since week 3. Those excuses no longer hold water.

He just had 18 yards on 10 carries. 18 yards. The other team's defense didn't say they had a good game plan, or that they were very motivated to win - they said CJ2K has gone soft. His schedule is beautiful, he's uber-talented, and mentally completely checked out.

In the absence of some come-to-Jesus moment for the guy, I'm passing.

I totally agree with this. He's mentally checked out now that he has the contract he was waiting for. He's gutless and has NO intention of working hard for yards anymore. He's on my team and NOT WORTH STARTING anymore. Give me Starks, Shonn Greene or nearly any other starting back at this point above him. Yes, I sound bitter because I am. As I sit with barely a shot at the playoffs, I blame him (..... and myself for my stupid #2 draft pick) but anyway, he's scum in my book. Rotten, filthy, slimy scum who doesn't have a care in the world about playing top notch football now that he has his contract. ---- OK... Got that off my chest!

:wacko:

Having watched the Texans-Titans game, CJ was garbage. Straight up garbage.

He was avoiding hits and scampering around like he was scared. It was ugly.

I'm also a frustrated CJ owner (in the same league I own Murray). I'm 3-4 in that league and am hoping CJ can put up 100+ this week against the Colts. If he can't, I may just pull Murray up (assuming he has a good game vs. PHI and Jones is likely out a few more weeks).