[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why the NIners are freaking rad

detlef

Never heard of those ratings before...pretty impressive from a coaching standpoint. Getting the most out of what they have.

But doesn't it also suggest that it is something of a "house of cards"? That if they don't increase productivity, it will get harder and harder to maintain the efficiency and keep scoring enough to win, at least on the offensive side of the ball? Three of their wins by less than a TD. Just asking.

Interesting read, thanks.

God I love being excited about the 9ers again!

I have to say, I've hated Alex Smith's play for years but Harbaugh has him looking somewhat competent this season. Good on ya Harbaugh! I was stoked when they got him from Stanford, I really started questioning his sanity when he said he was going to go with Alex in the pre-season, and now I have to admit that he's doing a great freakin' job! The 49ers think they can win every game and that means a lot.

Never heard of those ratings before...pretty impressive from a coaching standpoint. Getting the most out of what they have.

But doesn't it also suggest that it is something of a "house of cards"? That if they don't increase productivity, it will get harder and harder to maintain the efficiency and keep scoring enough to win, at least on the offensive side of the ball? Three of their wins by less than a TD. Just asking.

Manage the game and Defense defense defense!!! :wacko:

Then rebuild from what you have... Harbaugh has stepped in and done a remarkable job of what he was left on the offensive side of the ball!!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Is he going to flip out if his Qb runs an audible?

:wacko:

Actually, I think the primary difference between Harbaugh and Singletary is that the players aren't afraid of him, they're just ready to do anything for him. He's firey as hell, but seems to make the guys think they can do it as opposed to scared of what might happen if they don't. So they're playing loose and relaxed and just fighting like hell. Which, I would imagine, has much to do with the lack of mistakes.

Speaking from personal experience, I'm always working with my managers to make sure they don't ride waiters so hard that they're looking over their shoulder all night long, because that's when they start making stupid mistakes. So, conceptually, it makes sense. I also don't want the waiters thinking they can get away with anything either.

Now, if a QB audibles into a stupid play and it blows up, I'm sure he's gonna hear it, but then he should. I don't want this to be confused as the Wade Phillips "player's coach", because I don't think that's the case. Unlike Wade, I'm pretty sure they know that they absolutely don't want to get on his bad side, because I'm sure that would be a living hell. He just seems to be striking the balance of not taking that so far that everyone is playing scared.