[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your most hated sports sportscaster

The 13ers

While, I'm at it, I'll throw Dan Patrick in the mix. That guy has the biggest ego which is probably why he left ESPN. Way too many egos there (ahem...Berman).

:wacko: Love the DP Show - One of the few radio shows I'll actually listen to.

He's definitely got an ego, but he's one of the few who can back it up. He's on a celebrity status that Berman could never get close to.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris "I was awesome and the early 80's Bengals were the best ever" Collinsworth. I'm flabergasted that I was first to mention him. I don't have a friend that doesn't despise his analysis. He thinks his thoughts are ground breaking and at least once a game he claims "that was the worst play call I've ever seen". Hate him. :wacko::lol::tup:

Jaworski looks like he plays with himself

Don't get this one. Jaworski is hands down the best prepared guy in media (unless you ask Cecil Lammey about himself) and picks up on the little stuff that is important. Well worth listening to and gets most stuff spot on.

Besides, I didn't realize that a guy playing with himself was a bad thing... :wacko:

Edited by Bronco Billy

It's a St. Louis thing, isn't? St. Louisans mentioned highly: Joe Buck, Dan Dierdrorf, Bob Costas. You guys just hate us fly-over guys don't you? :wacko:

It's a St. Louis thing, isn't? St. Louisans mentioned highly: Joe Buck, Dan Dierdrorf, Bob Costas. You guys just hate us fly-over guys don't you? :wacko:

:tup:

What makes you think we even think about you enough to spend time disliking you, much less hating you?

Edited by Bronco Billy

:wacko:

What makes you think we even think about you enough to spend time disliking you, much less hating you?

I KNEW it. Next thread- "Least Favorite Breed of Horse" Answer - The Clydesdale "Least Favorite Geometric Shape" Answer - The Catenary Arch. Bring it on! :tup:

I'm originally a St. Louis boy and though I do not share the hatred most of you seem to spew on Buck and Deirdork, I guess I can see how you might not care for them. Football not Buck's strong suit and Deirdork can be annoying.

But for me Bryant Grumble and Joe Theisman are the ones that make me want to crawl through the television and strangle them. Though I hesitate to even mention Grumble since he was always miscast as a play by play man or analyst. Still though, I hate his guts all the same.

I actually have always like Millen in the booth. I actually think the guy really knows football, he just can't project talent worth a darn.

I don't pay all that much attention to sportscasters but the one guy that I really can't stand is Tirico. Talk about small man's syndrome.

Stuart Scott-what the hell is up with his eyes?

Neil Everett-I hate watching SC when he's one of the anchors. He says the exact same catchphrases every single possible time that he can and they aren't even any good.

Gruden-Annoying to listen to on MNF. He always has this look that makes me think he's constipated but about to let out a storm of feces.

Edited by injendsm

Matt Millen gets my vote for "Most Worthless Sports Commentator." Admittedly I also dislike Millen because of his total and complete ineptness as Lions GM, but when I hear his voice I want to toss a moldy cinder block through the plasma screen.

I have to agree...can't get past his horrible track record as a GM, so he has no credibility before he even opens his mouth. I would bet that a lot of viewers tune him out for this very reason, any good insights he occasionally delivers notwithstanding.