[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Demarco Murray

lkirc

I didn't see Murray play last week. Obviously, his stats speak highly of his performance, but I am not sure what his role will be once Jones gets back. I am being offered Murray in a couple of leagues and really don't know how to value him.

How good is he?

Can he catch the ball?

Is he durable?

Obviously, owners are trying to sell him high. Is he the type of talent that could explode like Foster last year or is he going to play second fiddle to Felix once the man made of crystal comes back?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to ignore what he has done. Other than that no one knows how it will pan out, but if he rips another good game or two, I can't see them not starting the kid and putting Felix in relief/3rd yardage duties.

He has the potential to be the "match-light" a great writer has defined.

i saw him play quite a bit at Oklahoma. definitely never saw him as a special talent.

he was good but he also had injury problems.

i would 100% picture it to be a 50/50 split in the backfield once Felix gets back.

this makes the most sense and would probably work out OK for Dallas....not so great for fantasy.

You can't ignore what he did against St. Louis, as bad as they are. I also think that you can't ignore what he did with all the other touches he's gotten before the St. Louis game which is nothing special. This week against Philly will give some clarity to his value going forward.

For what it's worth I traded him for Gates.

I had F. Jones and dropped him. I think Murray is going to be the hot hand there for the rest of the year even when Felix come back.

Same here. Felix showed very little this year in his big chance. Murray showed a lot in his 1st chance. This week will tell us a little more. With Romo playing the way he is they need a back that can produce for balance.

You can't ignore what he did against St. Louis, as bad as they are. I also think that you can't ignore what he did with all the other touches he's gotten before the St. Louis game which is nothing special. This week against Philly will give some clarity to his value going forward.

That seems downright silly IMO. Gates has played in what, 2 games all year? I guess it all depends on the league and your roster, but my guess is you could have gotten a much more reliable TE than Gates.

I was thinking it would be a split once Felix comes back but it seems like a perfect storm for Murray to take over. First the big game against STL, then another grand opportunity against the weak PHI run D will make him look spectacular once again. SEA will be tough but then BUF should be another nice game. All the while Felix will have to recover from a high ankle sprain which is tough and he likely won't be full strength the rest of the year, which sucks because I was really looking forward to this stretch run.

That seems downright silly IMO. Gates has played in what, 2 games all year? I guess it all depends on the league and your roster, but my guess is you could have gotten a much more reliable TE than Gates.

TBH i think his trade wasn't too bad. Gates just came back and scored a TD right away. Murray could just be temporary. I guess we'll find out in the next couple weeks. :wacko:

TBH i think his trade wasn't too bad. Gates just came back and scored a TD right away. Murray could just be temporary. I guess we'll find out in the next couple weeks. :wacko:

It could be seen as a decent trade I guess, but I dont see it that way. I would need to see Gates play in consecutive weeks for me to even be interested in him at this point.

I was offered Murray for Witten. I shot that down and countered Witten for Bradshaw and Fred Davis/Jacobs for Murray/Desean. We'll see what he says.

If Murray is going to be the guy the rest of the year, he may be worth Witten.....

i saw him play quite a bit at Oklahoma. definitely never saw him as a special talent.

he was good but he also had injury problems.

i would 100% picture it to be a 50/50 split in the backfield once Felix gets back.

this makes the most sense and would probably work out OK for Dallas....not so great for fantasy.

Do we have Jamaal Charles part 2 on our hands here? I remember thinking the same thing about watching Charles at Tex, a nice back in a good system/offense, but wasn't convinced he could be a "feature" back in the pros.

I think it all depends on how long Felix is out. If he sits this week, then comes back I'm thinking timeshare. If he's out another week or 3 after this one Murray might just have enough time to claim the job.

I ended up getting Murray and Keller for Fred Davis and Jacobs.

I hate to give up Davis, but I have been hurting at RB2 ever since I traded Fred Jackson for Britt.

I hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

not a bad trade dude. jacobs is crap.

Thanks, dude. I have been trotting out Reggie Bush, Jacobs or Magahee all year at RB2. The only weakness on my team. It will be nice to start an upside RB2 in Murray for a change.......

Championship!

As a fan of the Cowboys, I love Murray, however, I do think it is a little too early to hail him the main man. After all, it was against the Rams, they gave him every opportunity to handle the rock which resulted in the stats. Would Felix have had the same results? It appeared to me the O-line was run blocking better than thy had all season prior. I really only want the Boys to win, so I do not care who the primary carrier is, but I think Felix will get his role back when he recovers.................when ever that is. Until he gets hurt again...................

I was going to type out a response, but I got too tired, so I stopped and took myself out.

Took yourself out for a drink? Out on the town? Or offed yourself?

Maybe you need an iron supplement or some 5 hour energy.

Your opinion is important. Don't keep it to yourself.....

As a fan of the Cowboys, I love Murray, however, I do think it is a little too early to hail him the main man. After all, it was against the Rams, they gave him every opportunity to handle the rock which resulted in the stats. Would Felix have had the same results? It appeared to me the O-line was run blocking better than thy had all season prior. I really only want the Boys to win, so I do not care who the primary carrier is, but I think Felix will get his role back when he recovers.................when ever that is. Until he gets hurt again...................

Felix has had many opportunites and never came close to what Murray did last week. I know Jerry loves Felix becuase he is an Razorback, but I don't see how Murray just dissappears after his showing last week.

A high ankle sprain is tough for anyone to come back from and Felix doesn't exactly strike me as the tough type.

We shall see how this all plays out.

WOW! we won a game without Romo having to throw for 300 yards. who'd a thunk? Finally, Garrett remembered what his playing days were like when Dallas was winning championships behind a run blocking O-Line and a RB that can catch a flat or screen pass, along with a QB that, even though had great weapons, did not have to throw to win, unless a come back in 4th quarter (not leading in the 4th Q)