[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Demarco Murray

lkirc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

temper expectations, because the Rams are beyond terrible this year.

http://www.thehuddle.com/x11/season/w08/jum.php

DeMarco Murray might be one of those headline-grabbing “Match Light” RBs I speak of every year, but then again – haven’t the Rams just totally given up? Murray had 253 freakin’ yards, with a 91-yard TD run on his very first carry of the day? Sell High. Sky High. You’ll never get more for Murray than you will right now. It could be a mini-Herschel 3-for-1 deal if your buddy is desperate enough. Besides, Felix Jones is out of the boot and could be back in a week or two. I know how we fantasy owners are – We’ve all decided Murray is the new Jamaal Charles and gets 20 carries per game from now on – but that’s where our “fantasy” is sometimes. He’s a rookie. Remember that.

DeMarco Murray might be one of those headline-grabbing “Match Light” RBs I speak of every year, but then again – haven’t the Rams just totally given up? Murray had 253 freakin’ yards, with a 91-yard TD run on his very first carry of the day? Sell High. Sky High. You’ll never get more for Murray than you will right now. It could be a mini-Herschel 3-for-1 deal if your buddy is desperate enough. Besides, Felix Jones is out of the boot and could be back in a week or two. I know how we fantasy owners are – We’ve all decided Murray is the new Jamaal Charles and gets 20 carries per game from now on – but that’s where our “fantasy” is sometimes. He’s a rookie. Remember that.

Aren't most "match-lights" rookies?

I do agree to sell high if you can, but make sure it's high. I'd trade him for another proven RB in a heartbeat.

I am trading for him understanding the risk, but he has to be better going forward than my Craptacular RB2 triumvirate of Jacobs, Reggie Bush and MaGahee. At least there is some upside there. Felix gets hurt every time he takes a breath and he hasn't impressed me since pre-season.

When is the last time Felix Jones had 100 yards rushing, let alone 253? I'm just saying......

For what it's worth, the rams may be the worst run D in the league, but other "proven backs" such as Ray Rice, Mccoy and Ahmad Bradshaw's stats against them have not been so great

Week 1- Mccoy 122 yards

Week 2- Bradshaw 59 Yards

Week 3- Rice 81 Yards

Week 4- Torrain 135 yards

Week 5- bye

Week 6- Grant and Starks combined 75 Yards

Week 7- Murray 235 yards

I am really hoping he is the real deal cause I need him as my RB2 with Mendenhal killing me each week!

I was going to type out a response, but I got too tired, so I stopped and took myself out.

:wacko:

FWIW I did'nt watch the whole game. I was golfing. I have however seen alot of guys over the years "tap out" for a few plays. Were Murray's "tap outs" really that excessive?

I'd love to see what the kid can do with a healthy Jones in more of a 3rd down/spell Murray for a series or 2 type role

Showed flashes of what he did in week 7 but the game didn't play out in his favor. Biggest question that remains is how it goes when Felix gets healthy.

I was kicking myself for not grabbing Murray before the STL game (obviously) and last night did little to quell that. The kid looks good and I think Dallas would be foolish to bench him in favor of Jones.

That said, you need to make room for a guy like Jones on the field as well, so there's that.

I was kicking myself for not grabbing Murray before the STL game (obviously) and last night did little to quell that. The kid looks good and I think Dallas would be foolish to bench him in favor of Jones.

That said, you need to make room for a guy like Jones on the field as well, so there's that.

Jones has been lame healthy and unhealthy. I dropped him for Murray. If Murray gets 10-15 touches a game he will be gold. He was open many times last night but romo was under too much pressure and moves way too slow right now.