[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 Flex Spots

LB49ers

The Vegas FFPC leagues have 2 flex positions. There are 20 rounds in the draft so the roster can support it. It's been fun putting together lineups every week.

ATAP flexes 5 on O and 4 on D. Superb 16 team league with all the different combinations on O & D that owners can run (the quality of owners really shines in that league also). I don't see any down side at all.

Any Time, Any Place

Offense: 9 Starters with the following options being valid lineups:

QB 1

RB 0-3

WR 0-5

TE 1-3

PN 1

PK 1

A combination of 6 RB/WR/TE, not to exceed the maximum limits per position.

Defense: 11 Starters with the following options being valid lineups:

DE 2-2

DT 1-3

LB 1-4

CB 2-3

S 1-3

TOCOL Flexes 2 on O and 2 on D. Again, great 14 team league with some of the greatest owners, and no down side that I can see.

Total Contribution League

OFFENSE - 9 players

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

2 flex players that may be any combination of RBs, WRs, or TEs, provided that a team start no more than 2 RBs or 2 TEs total

1 K

1 P

DEFENSE - 11 players

Teams may play one of the (4) following defensive schemes:

3-4-4

2 DE

1 DT

4 LB

2 S

2 CB

4-3-4

2 DE

2 DT

3 LB

2 S

2 CB

3-3-5

2 DE

1 DT

3 LB

2 S

2 CB

1 FLEX DB, which may be either a S or a CB

4-2-5

2 DE

2 DT

2 LB

2 S

2 CB

1 FLEX DB, which may be either a S or a CB

Edited by Bronco Billy

In a PPR (even 1/2 PPR) and larger 14 to 16 team leagues, I love having the 2 flexes, because it allows more options at more positions for rosters not as deep with tremendous talent (we also do a graduated PPR, .75 = RB, 1 = WR, 1.5 = TE for the same reason in leagues this size).

In non-PPR and 12 teams or less, however, I don't even really like 1 flex spot that much, because it can allow a team who gets lucky and lands this year's Foster, Rice, etc., to have a huge advantage with 3+ RBs, assuming the rest of their roster is remotely decent. Rather than allowing you more options, in setups like this, I'd argue that it only makes it worth it more to chase the rare stud RBs early and often. I prefer 2RBs, 2-3WRs and TE in these sized leagues (JMO though).

But of course, like any scoring/lineup decision, it ultimately matters what you're trying to achieve, whether that be parity, depth, balancing RB strength, strengthening certain positions, etc...

Edited by delusions of granduer

I've been seeing more posts here talking about 2 flex spots in leagues, Bronco Billy and DelOfGrand make some good points. We're a 12 team league that has evolved over time. We had a flex spot for a while but went to 3WR instead (QB, 2RB, TE, D, K). But with our deep rosters, all the injuries, and byes the flex would be nice for some. With far fewer stud RBs, there's less chance somebody has a huge advantage with 3RB.