[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting Tebow this week? again?

BS Miscreant

start tebow this week. anyone who was savvy enough to pick him up just got themselves a better qb than cam newton. don't believe me? compare their numbers. still don't believe me? read the 'tebow stinks' thread.

he'll put up points regardless of defense. dare i say that's he's matchup proof? i do.

pull the lever and watch the fantasy points spill out. so much so that you should wear scuba gear.

:wacko:

yep- Cam rolled out another dog game today didn't he.

QB's that Tebow scored more than in my league this week.

Brees

Romo

Flacco

Hasslebeck

Smith, A

Ponder

Dalton

Painter

Feeley

He scored 17.18

Fitz 20.88

Brady 19.92

Not the best fantasy score but was 9th overall in scoring in my league this week.

QB's that Tebow scored more than in my league this week.

Brees

Romo

Flacco

Hasslebeck

Smith, A

Ponder

Dalton

Painter

Feeley

He scored 17.18

Fitz 20.88

Brady 19.92

Not the best fantasy score but was 9th overall in scoring in my league this week.

Hey, I'll take the points, because I started him as well, but that really sort of does illustrate the flaw in QB scoring for most FF leagues. It's pretty hard for a RB or WR to have an absolutely crappy game and still put up nice numbers, but it happens with annoying frequency to QBs. As much as is reasonable, FF should mimic real football in terms of rewarding excellent play.

Obviously you don't want to make it so "real" that a QB who has an efficient game but is handing the ball off all day scores more than a guy who moving his team up and down the field through the air the whole time, but when a guy just totally craps the bed, as Tebow did, that should somehow be reflected in his FF score.

This would be a perfect game to illustrate this fact if someone were to try and "reform" their QB scoring.

The funny thing is, I now have a QB2 dilemma now that Ryan is off the bye (we start 2). If Tebow is good for 15+ when he plays as horribly as this week, you'd have to think that's his floor. I mean, if that's not his floor, I don't want to see what his floor is. And Ryan has not been putting up that kind of score with much regularity. So, until Tebow actually gets benched, I may have to keep him out there.

If Tebow is good for 15+ when he plays as horribly as this week, you'd have to think that's his floor. I mean, if that's not his floor, I don't want to see what his floor is. And Ryan has not been putting up that kind of score with much regularity. So, until Tebow actually gets benched, I may have to keep him out there.

My thoughts exactly.

On the scoring, it's the rushing that makes him a good Fantasy QB. In my league we give 1 point for every 10 yards rushing and 1 point for every 25 yards passing. Figure Tebow is generally going to get around 60 yards rushing a game and at least one TD through the air or ground. That's 12 points before anything else is factored in.

Edited by Rydher