[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboyz1

i_am_the_swammi

Yeah but he didn't have one of his regular "this is how the Cowboys win this week threads", had he done that he'd deserve even more piling on.

Whomper,

I agree on Ryan, why do coaches trash talk the opposing team like that? I don't recall him doing it in Cleveland or maybe the media just ignored it (or made more of it in Dallas).

Cleveland has a football team ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I wanted to pile on Cowboyz1, I held back....but him putting this Eagles win into the "Wierd Week" category along with the Rams upsetting the Saints and the Dolphins giving the Giants is a little weak. This wasn't "just one of those nights"...this was beat down in every aspect of the game.

+1

That was exactly my thought. OK, so I didn't think it would be the epic beat-down that it was, so I suppose you could reach and call that "weird". But I was pretty certain that the Eagles were going to win that game. About as certain I was that NO was going to destroy STL.

+1

That was exactly my thought. OK, so I didn't think it would be the epic beat-down that it was, so I suppose you could reach and call that "weird". But I was pretty certain that the Eagles were going to win that game. About as certain I was that NO was going to destroy STL.

really? I was waiting for Andy Reid to get his 1st loss after the bye....and then they come out to jump all over Dallas immediately....at one point in the game...I just started to laugh out of pure enjoyment, I feel kinda sick in the head looking back on it...but it felt so good...I can't deny it..

really? I was waiting for Andy Reid to get his 1st loss after the bye....and then they come out to jump all over Dallas immediately....at one point in the game...I just started to laugh out of pure enjoyment, I feel kinda sick in the head looking back on it...but it felt so good...I can't deny it..

I think the Eagles are a flawed team, but figured their biggest issues were scheme-related issues that the bye week would solve. Their "wide 9" D that was being gutted for Rushing yards, namely. They broke it down pretty well how they fixed that. By moving the ends in on running downs.

That said, I'm not a fan, so I could care less. I could certainly see being a bit less confident if I was.

I think the Eagles are a flawed team, but figured their biggest issues were scheme-related issues that the bye week would solve. Their "wide 9" D that was being gutted for Rushing yards, namely. They broke it down pretty well how they fixed that. By moving the ends in on running downs.

That said, I'm not a fan, so I could care less. I could certainly see being a bit less confident if I was.

the Eagles run D was not any better, but the Eagles executed the gameplan on offense which took the running game away from Dallas who often relied on the passing game to get things done when their run game was the best option to come back...

the Eagles run D was not any better, but the Eagles executed the gameplan on offense which took the running game away from Dallas who often relied on the passing game to get things done when their run game was the best option to come back...

Looking back, it appears you're right. Somehow it looked better last night while I was watching. Mind you, I missed much of the first quarter.

With all the warts that were the Eagles run defense (which have seemed to be plugged, at least temporarily), and the Eagles ability to defend the TE (again, appears to have been band-aided).......had the Eagles not been a staggering -11 in turnover differential thru five games, they would not have been 1-4.

Two games in a row with zero turnovers....two wins. Pretty simple. :wacko:

I will tell you this. It was quite obvious that Ried had a great game plan for the Cowboys D. From the first snap of the ball the Eagles went to work and once they were up 14 the Cowboys had one chance to make a game of it. Enter Bennett. Stonehands Bennet hands the ball over to the Eagles again.

Sometimes, a hot team can be slowed down a bit if the Offense can drive and let the Coordinater regroup. But that didn't happen. The eagles then drive and go up 21-0. That basically ends the game.

Truth be told, I thought the week link on the Eagles D was their linebackers, as it turns out once Lee went down James and Brooking just can't play anymore. Celek and McCoy just went to work on us. Sean lee is what is making all the differnce in the run game and as a coverage linebacker.

The Eagles just plain beat us down last night in every way possible.

Sad thing is Murray was running well when he got the chance and had the O done enough to allow Ryan to make some adjustments before the game got out of hand then maybe, just maybe we could have done something.

I have seen games like this before when a team has executed a game plan to perfection and the other team just never can get anything going. That is what happened to the Cowboys. Things just got out of hand to fast and when you get down like that and everything just goes down hill you just forget about it and move on to next week. Sad to see Wares 4 sacks mean nothing.

I really wasn't even mad like I usually am. The Eagles were just on fire and executing perfectly.

We'll see if they can do that in our house.

As I said, this was just a wierd week of football. This was a big game though and for the Cowboys to get beat up and beat down like that is very unfortunate. I know this team is better then that because you don't go into NE and play the patriots like they did then get beat like the stole something by the Eagles.

This team is not as bad as the looked last night but not as good as they looked last week either.

Well see................

Good win Swammi, looks like your birds are turning it around this year and playing some very good football. You guys took it to us and then some.

See you again in a few weeks.

Is it really that simplistic as just one of those nights? I'm thinking that professionals are supposed to be able to adapt and make things happen when all of their plans go awry. Do you wonder if Jason Garrett is the right guy for the job? It seems like he's great at preparation, but when whatever he prepared isn't working, he doesn't seem to be very good at making adjustments during the game. Thoughts?

Garret put it in perspective yesterday. Ok we have three plays and punt, philly goes down and scores 7. We get the ball back and we have a great run by Murray, then a holding penalty, then a sack, punt the ball. Philly goes down and scores 7 more. Now down 14 we get the ball back and run on first down, then a big play to Bennet turns into a big play for the Eagles, a pick. Eagles go down and score again.

Now the Cowboys have have exactly 7 plays on offense and are down 21-0. Not a lot of game plans work very well down 21 points. The Eagles can pick what they want to take away and not very worried about giving up one play.

Garrett pointed out that every play we had on offense was Magified important and we didn't execute like the Eagles did on O. The Eagles were flawless on both sides of the ball early and it is very hard to stay in a game when one team is executing that way so consistantly and the Cowboys 6 or so plays in were not and found themselves down 28 before we had a dozen offensive snaps.

The Eagles were just plan on fire and executing thier Game plan to perfection last night. Teams rarely can stay that sharpe play in and play out. They did and we didn't.

Basically my point is the Cowboys had to execute flawlessly from the get go last night to compete with the Eagles. They didn't and got blown out. It happened so fast that any ajustments Ryan wanted to do didn't matter because he had less then 5 minutes probably in the whole half to talk to his D and figure out what to do cause the O was on the field for all of 7 minutes out of the thirty or something like that.

Bottom line, Eagles came to play and took us too the woodshed in their house. Luckly we see them again in ours. Until then I'll put this one to bed.