[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Reggie Wayne belong on FFB rosters anymore?

markgugs

For a team that is constantly playing from 2-3 TD deficits, you'd think their "#1 WR" would be able to at least put up some moderately decent numbers week-in, week-out.

But he is just MIA.

For fantasy purposes, I just don't think the Colts exist.

i have never seen an entire organization become irrelevant like the Colts have without Manning

You're probably too young to remember the Bert Jones-led Colts of the 70s. Similar, tho their overall personnel were better then.

The Colts had to adjust their style of play without Manning. An adjustment their personnel is not equipped to make. Bad front office moves in not anticipating this happening.

Old news to those of us who knew Polian was highly overrated from the start. Colts = Manning. He has carried them on his back far more than most realized.

PS Wayne has been overrated for some time too; Manning "made" him as well.

Edited by BeeR

11 points? So you have a league that dramatically overvalues receptions, ok.

thats a point per reception. Dramatically overvalues?

I don't get how you can make that case. Either way, everybody in a league plays and drafts knowing the same rules, so with that I don't get your point.

Hook has pulled a Swerski.

I'm still here. Just don't have much to say. The Colts have been irrelevant. Plus, I coach youth football, and we've had tournaments the last few weeks.

Everybody is blaming this season on losing Manning. But the Colts have also lost their starting middle linebacker and starting safety on defense. They've played the last few weeks without their starting RB. Their offensive line has been decimated by injuries. Of the seven guys they dressed on the o-line in week 1, only two are still healthy. Two! It has been musical chairs every week up front, and it has shown. They are pulling guys off the street and having to START them. And don't get me started on the Colts special-ed teams.

Edited by CaptainHook

Last year's Super Bowl Champions were decimated by injury in all the areas you stated, including Middle LB and starting safeties, and offensive line. Don't use that as an excuse. The reason they are winless is because of Peyton Manning.

They didn't lose 5 of their top seven offensive linemen. And Curtis Painter isn't Aaron Rogers or Peyton Manning.

I'm not sure Manning would have survived behind this o-line this year anyways.

Edited by CaptainHook

Hook has pulled a Swerski.

:wacko:

I disagree with CH a bit, but he's a stand up guy. I'm sorry IND fans are going through what McDaniels did to DEN a couple of years ago. It was a good ride with Manning though, and he brought the hardware home to the city. It's going to take a while to rebuild though - even Luck will have a learning curve and there are a lot of other weaknesses being exposed now without Manning on the field to cover them.

Everybody is blaming this season on losing Manning. But the Colts have also lost their starting middle linebacker and starting safety on defense. They've played the last few weeks without their starting RB.
Yes good points, we all know how key they have always been to the Colts' success. :wacko:

Their offensive line has been decimated by injuries.
Yeah but Manning would get the ball off and they'd be winning most of the time anyway. As usual. It's not like their OL has been exactly great in recent years anyway.

Why not just admit that more or less Manning = the Colts and be done with it?

I disagree with CH a bit, but he's a stand up guy.

Yes idiots often stand up to show they are idiots. Remember this is the guy who swore "Manning will be fine" in August and that the Colts wouldn't have paid Manning that fat salary or ignored the backup QB position unless they were sure he was OK. Riiiight.

Cmon down Mr Luck. Please.

Yes good points, we all know how key they have always been to the Colts' success. :wacko:

Yeah but Manning would get the ball off and they'd be winning most of the time anyway. As usual. It's not like their OL has been exactly great in recent years anyway.

Why not just admit that more or less Manning = the Colts and be done with it?

Yes idiots often stand up to show they are idiots. Remember this is the guy who swore "Manning will be fine" in August and that the Colts wouldn't have paid Manning that fat salary or ignored the backup QB position unless they were sure he was OK. Riiiight.

Cmon down Mr Luck. Please.

So you are saying the Colts knew Manning was NOT ok and paid him all that money?

I'm saying that in general they effed up. In various ways. They weren't on top of his condition. They ignored the backup QB spot (well if they get Luck maybe that's not an f-up, ha). They sucked as putting together a real team year after year and Manning carried them more than most realized. etc and etc.