[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andy Dalton tuck rule call

bushwacked

Don't know if anyone is actually watching the game, but I had no idea the tuck rule still results in an incomplete pass when the QB throws the ball backwards. :wacko:

Yeah that should have been a touchdown for the Seahawks as Dalton fumbled that into the ref on the 1 yard line...

Bad refereeing continues to follow Seattle weather at home or on the road. The call was within the rules but there were other calls within the game that were awful plus the referee blocking the ball from going into the end zone defiantly didn't help. The Bengles were the better team today not going to argue that. Just don't like it when referee's decided the game and not the players. Such as Leon Washington TD last week that got called back for a phantom blocking in the back call. One positive note Jackson is clearly the better QB never thought I'd be saying that esp so soon.

Edited by Seahawk

I couldn't tell from the replays if the receiver was behind the QB or not. If he was behind the QB, it should have been a fumble. If he was in front of the QB, it was the correct call. Still, this is NOTHING compared to what went down at the UW game down the street last night. There was darn near a public lynching of a zebra.

He did overrule himself in replay.

Mind you, it still sucks when you have to burn your replay chances to get something as obvious as that overturned.

Speaking of which, why the hell don't you keep getting replay chances if you keep getting them right? You get a bonus 3rd one if you get the first two right, but why set a limit? If you keep challenging and keep proving the refs wrong, why should you be penalized by losing your chances? You're still going to be careful about when you challenge, because if you're wrong, you burn a time out and lose a challenge.

Speaking of which, why the hell don't you keep getting replay chances if you keep getting them right? You get a bonus 3rd one if you get the first two right, but why set a limit? If you keep challenging and keep proving the refs wrong, why should you be penalized by losing your chances? You're still going to be careful about when you challenge, because if you're wrong, you burn a time out and lose a challenge.

exactly

exactly

It makes even less sense in tennis where it takes. literally, seconds for the review. Same story though, you only get so many, right or wrong, per set. I'm sure the purists think that unlimited challenges would slow the game down, but would they? Assuming that you're only allowed so many incorrect ones?

I love the tuck rule. Why not just pump fake continuously in the pocket until you are ready to throw? It significantly reduces the chance of a fumble. Still, the idea that a backwards pass is ruled as an incompletion is :wacko: . I mean, the ball never traveled forward. It stands to reason that it cannot be considered a forward pass. The NFL needs to fix that rule.

He did overrule himself in replay.

Cannot see how they got the call wrong in the first place. The ref should have apologized.

As detlef pointed out, it sucks to have to use a challenge to correct such bad calls.

Yet Gruden is talking during SD-KC game saying he doesn't like replay, because it ruins the flow. (I bet he'd have burst a couple blood vessels if the ref made that call against his team.)