[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Race for Luck

overworkedirish

Chatter from the Suck for Luck fans (amongst which I do not count myself) surrounds the big question: Who will get the first pick? Many surmise that more than one team will have the worst record, in which case the first pick goes to the team with the lower SOS (i.e. the collective W-L record of their opponents is worse, implying that despite being given the opportunity to win against lesser teams, they STILL stunk it up and deserve a better draft pick).

In order to busy my time rooting for something other than the disaster in Miami, I've compiled SOS stats on all teams with 2 wins or less, and how different game outcomes each week will impact each bottom tier team's SOS.

The below SOS listed takes into account ALL 2011 OPPONENTS past, present, and future. It also accounts for tomorrow's SD @ KC Monday night game - all these bottom tier teams will have the SOS listed below regardless of that game's outcome EXCEPT for IND (specifics below).

IND: 0-8, SOS: 0.542 (as of now, Sunday night)

MIA: 0-7, SOS: 0.566

ARI: 1-6, SOS: 0.478

STL: 1-6, SOS: 0.553

CAR: 2-6, SOS: 0.5042

SEA: 2-5, SOS: 0.5044

JAC: 2-6, SOS: 0.508

MIN: 2-6, SOS: 0.579

DEN: 2-5, SOS: 0.582

MONDAY NIGHT'S IMPACT ON IND:

RIGHT NOW: IND SOS is 0.5424

SD/KC tie: IND SOS is 0.5420

SD win: IND SOS is 0.538

KC win: IND SOS is 0.546

As a Dolphins fan rooting against IND getting the first pick, all I can say is: GO CHIEFS!

Edited by overworkedirish