[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

will broncos go back to orton?

moopyjiggles

Sorry, but I don't think the other shortcomings in DEN are directly correlated in the least with Tebow's specific struggles... They may be fine for you to be able to partly excuse his bad play, but it changes my opinion none about thinking that Tebow doesn't have the skills needed to be a successful NFL QB.

So you couldn't find even one? So everyone here agrees that Tebow has some serious shortcomings and that his play the past two games has been miserable? Why the need to keep hammering the point then, unless you happen to be convinced that there are no other significant contributing factors in the poor play of the DEN O and that only Tebow is at fault.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you couldn't find even one? So everyone here agrees that Tebow has some serious shortcomings and that his play the past two games has been miserable? Why the need to keep hammering the point then, unless you happen to be convinced that there are no other significant contributing factors in the poor play of the DEN O and that only Tebow is at fault.

I think you must have missed my point, so I'll be a bit more clear. Even if the Broncos had the perfect scheme and play-calling to suit Tebows strengths, it doesn't change my opinion about his potential for success in the NFL... Why would I look for a claim that has nothing to do with my argument? You're the one who's saying Tebow doesn't deserve all the blame for the lack of the Bronco's success, but that has absolutely zero to do with my opinion of Tebow himself (who's the subject of this thread, not the Broncos).

So no, I don't care to look for a non-existent statement that means nothing for my opinion. The Broncos could have the best play-calling in the world, and it wouldn't make Tebow any more NFL ready IMO, so why would I care what other things are going wrong there? Play-calling ain't going to fix his throwing motion and other issues.

BB you bury a tidbit like "boy he has played bad" in a paragraph of apologies for his play blaming everyone from his teammates to Elway to the offensive play calling to the waterboy.

Instead of looking at his shortcomings as a QB (and they are pretty damn hard to miss) you look at how Tebow just isnt getting the support that he needs to truly succeed. Things like dumbing down the offense for the hardest worker in the NFL that cant make passes to blaming his WRs for not catching everything that it is in the same time zone (which is rare in and of itself).

Most look at Tebow and realize that he just isnt ready to be the QB for an NFL team. This includes a multitude of NFL analyists, players, coaches and really anyone that knows anything about football

The feigned neutrality of Bronco Billy is always good for a laugh.

BB you bury a tidbit like "boy he has played bad" in a paragraph of apologies for his play blaming everyone from his teammates to Elway to the offensive play calling to the waterboy.

Instead of looking at his shortcomings as a QB (and they are pretty damn hard to miss) you look at how Tebow just isnt getting the support that he needs to truly succeed. Things like dumbing down the offense for the hardest worker in the NFL that cant make passes to blaming his WRs for not catching everything that it is in the same time zone (which is rare in and of itself).

Most look at Tebow and realize that he just isnt ready to be the QB for an NFL team. This includes a multitude of NFL analyists, players, coaches and really anyone that knows anything about football

You look at it as "my isnt anyone helping Tebow?" and "he would be successful if excuses 1-15 didnt happen"

Bury it? I usually lead with it. But it's pretty obvious how slanted your opinion is. I'm not sure how anyone can make such an unquestionable judgment on a guy with a history like Tebow's after only 6 starts, and only the most jaded, irrational, and uneducated person would place all the blame on Tebow and not acknowledge obvious other factors. The only thing I wonder about is why, since you clearly have an agenda that supercedes the play on the field. But since you can't be honest about that, I'll have to just let it slide I guess.

As such, I'll refrain from discussing this further with you and others like you.

Bury it? I usually lead with it. But it's pretty obvious how slanted your opinion is. I'm not sure how anyone can make such an unquestionable judgment on a guy with a history like Tebow's after only 6 starts, and only the most jaded, irrational, and uneducated person would place all the blame on Tebow and not acknowledge obvious other factors. The only thing I wonder about is why, since you clearly have an agenda that supercedes the play on the field. But since you can't be honest about that, I'll have to just let it slide I guess.

As such, I'll refrain from discussing this further with you and others like you.

And again with the, "If you don't think Tebow is a good NFL QB or almost certainly will not end up being a good NFL QB, it must be because you have a hateful agenda." :wacko:

And we're the irrational ones?

And before you start.

Just speaking for myself, because I think mine and bp's thoughts are pretty close on this. I do think they could do things to make his life easier. That said, most of the reasons why they'd need to make it easier for him point to a lack of preparedness on his part. And given the year and a half he's had to be around the game, that is totally inexcusable.

So, the coaches are guilty of not dumbing down the scheme to make it easier for a guy who has failed to prepare himself in the year and a half of exposure to the NFL game he's had. Which, sort of comes right back to Tebow. Does it not?

Edited by detlef

Curious, can somebody tell me where BB stood on the drafting of Tebow in the first place (preferrably BB himself)?

Because I recall reading most of last how BB thought virtuatlly every decision of McenchiladaNozzle was terrible. I remember reading him ripping the coach up and down all the time. (Yes I'm a newb, but I've been reading the forums for several years before signing up.)

I think most of us would agree, no harm in the Broncos letting him play out the remainder of the season to see what he has. Heck, even make some changes in the offense to see if he can perform better. But understand if that works you'll need to run that offense in the future as well and consider if it can work long term in the NFL.

But it seems (to me anyway) that BB is defending him very strongly with only the token "yeah he sucks" thrown in. Even if he leads with that, the next 10 paragraphs are reasons why him sucking are not his fault.

As for his great success in college, how many great college QBs that won the Heisman flopped completely in the NFL because they could not adapt to the game, or had very little in the way of real QB skills. (Guys who run a lot or use a spread formation all game that works well in college but not NFL.) Heck Colt McCoy only lost something like 10 games his entire college and high school career and has already lost more games in the NFL. But at least he is making some plays and progressing as an NFL QB. Will he every be elite, I'm not sure and would give that about a 20% chance. Will he be a bust, probably not. And he's only started about 12 games after getting thrown into the fire as a rookie.

I think what fuels the debate is those on both sides that want to label the supporters/detractors as having an agenda, and that being based on religion and other stuff because of Tebows image.

:wacko:

I believe he went off the deep end when McD traded Cutler and is only now grabbing onto any sort of sanity.

I don't think BB loves Tebow, I just think that he thinks that neither Orton or Quinn are any kind of answer.

As someone in the Bronco fanbase, this pretty much sums up my opinion.

All I know is I am ready for next year to begin............ :wacko:

OK, here's a theory:

Every player on the Broncos is auditioning for their role going forward and this is obviously a lost season. Tebow doesn't appear to be worth shaping your offense around to highlight his "skill set".

So, assuming that you don't want to teach your O-line to block for the spread offense and you don't want your WRs and RBs to learn how to play their role in said offense, why not trot out a bad version of the kind of QB that all these guys are going to be playing with next year?