[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does the high amount of points a D/ST can get bother anyone?

Goopster24

no...don't mind reward defenses for good play. i sometimes get frustrated with the randomness of a situation like buffalo yesterday where they have amassed 4 sacks on the year but tally 9 for the day. someone grabbing them for a bye week fill and getting a good game is fine, but getting an over the top type of game throws more luck into the equation than ff number crunching/planning. so...... i get frustrated with the luck that occurs in ff.

As someone who started the Bengals in three leagues this week, no, I am not chagrined. :-)

However, I can understand the frustration. I have seen teams play very well and still get beaten because my opponent had a fluke defense go berserk. Yet the same is true about any other unforseen explosion by a previously quiet player. I got spanked in two leagues this year playing the Wes Welker owner in that 16-catch, 217-rec-yard, 19-rush-yard, 2-TD bonanza (both PPR leagues). Sometimes you just have to vomit when this happens, and live to play another week.

I'm with you. No way a defense should be the top scorer on a fantasy team. In my one league we changed sacks to one point and turnovers 2. So unless a D goes crazy like Buffalo or Cincy this week, they score minimal points. Cincy scored only 20 even with two TD's. I have Cincy in my two money leagues and I still like the new limited scoring.

off topic a little but I also gave kickers all FG worth 3, no 6 point FG's for 50 yarders. and missed sub 40 kicks are minus 3. hated 20 point weeks from kickers, too.

Teams that didn't ignore defense at the draft paid for the Steelers and PAckers and haven't gotten a whole lot of production.

I've seen several defenses score near 30 points in my league. Many of these were weekly pickups and fluke starts; one could argue they spot started them due to the matchup. Still, defenses are drafted at the end of drafts. It bothers me that many times teams can win by making a change to this position on a weekly basis. Does this bother anyone else?
Edited by RU in Ohio

I'm with you. No way a defense should be the top scorer on a fantasy team. In my one league we changed sacks to one point and turnovers 2. So unless a D goes crazy like Buffalo or Cincy this week, they score minimal points. Cincy scored only 20 even with two TD's. I have Cincy in my two money leagues and I still like the new limited scoring.

off topic a little but I also gave kickers all FG worth 3, no 6 point FG's for 50 yarders. and missed sub 40 kicks are minus 3. hated 20 point weeks from kickers, too.

Teams that didn't ignore defense at the draft paid for the Steelers and PAckers and haven't gotten a whole lot of production.

First off, I agree that sacks should only be 1 pt and TOs 2. No argument there.

I do, however, find your logic about wanting to "reward" teams that spent early picks on Ds to be a bit strange. And, for the record, this change doesn't affect that. The reason why it's dumb to pick a D early is because it is all about match-ups and it's also the hardest to predict from one year to the next. More importantly, why do you want to reward players for not realizing this?

It bothers me today.....

played against the Packer DEF yesterday...they gave up over 500 yards of offense, and 38 points. But because of their two pick-6 INTs, and the fact that our league also awards .1 point for each return yard....they scored 33 points yesterday.

I'm down 28 heading into tonight :wacko:

It bothers me today.....

played against the Packer DEF yesterday...they gave up over 500 yards of offense, and 38 points. But because of their two pick-6 INTs, and the fact that our league also awards .1 point for each return yard....they scored 33 points yesterday.

I'm down 28 heading into tonight :wacko:

I believe that D/ST scoring should be greatly dependent on points allowed. I think you should get a huge bonus for a shut-out, a pretty big one for 10 pts or less, perhaps a little bump for 20 or less, and then negative points starting at 20. Up to a rather significant deduction for 30+ and a very big one for 40+.

Further, I think return yardage is sort of silly. Especially 1 for 10 yards.

Our oldest local's record for most points for an individual player in one week is 70 by a receiver from Jacksonville (probably Jimmy Smith, I don't remember). We give bonuses for length of TD's, yardage bonuses, ppr. So, no, I have no problem with defenses scoring a lot of points. If they earn them, so be it.