[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers v Chiefs Monday Night Thread

Chief Dick

be that as it may, yet another undrafted guy looks more effective than the starter.

Mathews 15/57 (4.38) 6 rec. 55 yds

Brinkley 10/43 (4.30) 3 rec. 24 yds

The lone difference is a TD for Brinkley which was more opportunisitc than anything else.

I think you're just MAD?

U MAD?

Edited by Chloroform Rx

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And through all these games where he's getting "dinged up" (which is a part of football) he is a top 10 RB. Period.

I'm not talking FF right now -- I'm talking real football. Mathews has shown a repeated inability to stay on the field -- he exits games with alarming regularity, which is not a good trait for a RB who is expected to carry a significant load. There is a difference between being 'injured' and being 'hurt' -- if you can't play 'hurt', you can't be a serious RB in the NFL.

But don't take my word for it. Just about every Tuesday morning recap I've read is commenting on the same thing.

Down 13, with only Novak playing. Down 1, with 48 seconds on the clock. SD ball at the Chiefs 15 yard line. As I began to celebrate my sure victory...you know the rest.

This one will hurt for a while.

I lost by 1 point on the Rivers fumble. I think I've got you beat in the "sure victory" category. Kickers miss FGs. But I've never seen a QB fumble the snap in that situation before. Ever.