[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warren Sapp

Menudo

Here was Warren Sapp's quote after Week 1:

"The Pittsburgh Steelers. I have three things: old, slow and it's over. It's just that simple."

Sapp then went on to specify that the defense is what is old, slow & done. That same defense is now 2nd in point per game and yards per game.

oops....... :wacko:

Here was Warren Sapp's quote after Week 1:

"The Pittsburgh Steelers. I have three things: old, slow and it's over. It's just that simple."

Sapp then went on to specify that the defense is what is old, slow & done. That same defense is now 2nd in point per game and yards per game.

oops....... :wacko:

It's probably just Luck. I have been assured that much of their history is accounted for by that.

Oops?

Offensive Ranks in PPG/YPG

Sea 27/31

Indy 30/30

Tenn 22/24

Jax 32/32

Zona 21/20

wait, be back with more in a minute

I figured out what the above teams offensive PPG and YPG averages would have been without the Steelers game...that way you can't say the Pitt D is what is dragging their rankings down.

Pitt D did the following against the above based on their per game averages (not incl. the Pitt game)

Sea: Held them 12.14 points below their PPG season average

Sea: Held them 121.33 yards below their YPG season average

Ind: Gave up 5.57 more points than their PPG season average

Ind: Held them 51.31 yards below their YPG season average

Ten: Held them 3.33 points below their PPG season average

Ten: Gave up 23.68 more yards than their YPG season average

Jax: Gave up 0.86 more points than their PPG season average

Jax: Held them 0.69 yards below their YPG season average

Ari: Held them 0.50 points below their PPG season average

Ari: Gave up 29.52 more yards than their YPG season average

Combine all those teams and you get the following:

Steelers held them to an average of 14 points vs their season average (again with Pitt not included) of 16.875

Steelers held them to an average of 269 yards vs their season average of 291.71

So your highly touted Steelers D held those teams to 2.875 points below their PPG average and 22.71 yards below their YPG average

That might be great if we were talking the top offenses in the league but that is hardly what that is...

Edited by keggerz

Oh and here is a comparison too:

Offensive Ranks in PPG/YPG (including Pitt Game)

Sea 27/31

Indy 30/30

Tenn 22/24

Jax 32/32

Zona 21/20

Offensive Ranks in PPG/YPG (excluding Pitt Game)

Sea 25/29

Indy 30/30

Tenn 22/27

Jax 32/32

Zona 21/23

One would think if the Steelers D was so great that those teams would have a much worse ranks with the Pitt game included.

:wacko:

Oh and here is a comparison too:

Offensive Ranks in PPG/YPG (including Pitt Game)

Sea 27/31

Indy 30/30

Tenn 22/24

Jax 32/32

Zona 21/20

Offensive Ranks in PPG/YPG (excluding Pitt Game)

Sea 25/29

Indy 30/30

Tenn 22/27

Jax 32/32

Zona 21/23

One would think if the Steelers D was so great that those teams would have a much worse ranks with the Pitt game included.

Any reason you left out the game that happened to be played yesterday in your analysis?

Any reason you left out the game that happened to be played yesterday in your analysis?

yes, they beat a legit team yesterday....the point is that 5 of their wins were against pansies that make their current ranking look much better.

edit; and I was actually going to do the 5 pansies and the 3 legit teams but the pansies took so long and also illustrated what I thought they would that I didn't really think it was necessary.

Edited by keggerz

Yes, there is a reason, it hurts his analysis in a BIG way, so, he ignored it.

By the way, the point of my thread wasn't to say that the Steelers defense is the best. Warren Sapp said that they were 'done'. If you are 'done' and it is 'over', you aren't ranked 2nd in any category, regardless of who you have played. The Steelers defense has been ranked among the top pretty much every single season for the last like 15 years, but, I'm sure that is due to the weakness of their schedule. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

Yes, there is a reason, it hurts his analysis in a BIG way, so, he ignored it.

By the way, the point of my thread wasn't to say that the Steelers defense is the best. Warren Sapp said that they were 'done'. If you are 'done' and it is 'over', you aren't ranked 2nd in any category, regardless of who you have played. The Steelers defense has been ranked among the top pretty much every single season for the last like 15 years, but, I'm sure that is due to the weakness of their schedule. :wacko:

not true at all...what i said was true...and to be honest I only took a look and when I found what I did I figured i would rib you a bit...fwiw,sapp and many of those talking heads are idiotic...everything is either all roses or a complete mess.

Edited by keggerz

not true at all...what i said was true...and to be honest I only took a look and when I found what I did I figured i would rib you a bit...fwiw,sapp and many of those talking heads are idiotic...everything is either all roses or a complete mess.

I agree, but, Sapp has always been a Steeler hater. What always annoys me, is these talking heads make these bold statements to make headlines, but, they never man up and admit it when they were wrong.

Please get off Keggerz case, did everyone forget the pasting PIT took at the hands of Rice (BAL)?

Not really...did everyone forget the pasting the Ravens have taken over the years at the hands of the Steelers? Do you think it might just be a little different this week? Who knows what happened in WEEK 1? I think we are playing quite differently right now.