[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

VJax

overworkedirish

He's had one break out game, one solid game expected of a top-15 WR. Everything else has been mediocre to poor. I'm just lucky my deep draft picks were solid as HELL, because between him and Rivers (my RND 2 and RND 3 picks) they are roster fodder. He is officially off my "must start" list.

Edited by overworkedirish

I seriously never thought they guy was that good, he was a product of a good offenes and a talented QB getting him the ball a lot.

Somebody said yesterday that on talent alone he is a top 5 WR in the NFL. I was going to ask what 4 are ranked above him, because I don't rate him that high.

The Chargers offense is having lots of trouble. Banged up RB, Rivers not playing as well as usual (way too many INT).

If I had not traded Fitzpatrick I'd be rolling with him from now on instead of Rivers.

he better be hurt cause if not, rivers sucks. as for vjax, hes lazy. hes huge, fast, and can get up in the air. i think hes on some sort of one year deal at the moment, and he needs to prove his worth, but he isnt doing taco. he should be making plays like that guy from pitt on the KC chiefs who looked great yesterday.

he's gone up against some pretty good CB's(Revis, Flowers x2, Bailey), Rivers is playing really bad and probably hurt, and VJAX has been hurt. All these probably contribute to it and as a VJAX owner I'm not sure what to expect the rest of the way.

I don't think I've ever seen a team have so much talent yet have absolutely no chemistry. The Chargers have had the bitter resolution of the Tomlinson era, Mathews coming in and disappointing, VJax refusing to play because he wants more money, Marcus McNeil their LT holding out for more money, Tolbert and Mathews fighting for carries now (not a big deal but still those 2 can't be best buds), Floyd just being bitter because the team doesn't trust him enough to let go of VJax, Gates's plantar fascitis thing that has kept him out forever....the list goes on and on. Yet they have a helluva lot of talent. Rivers, Mathews, Gates, VJax, Floyd, Tolbert, McNeil, but I don't see how this team can win anything if Norv doesn't make some moves.

I don't think I've ever seen a team have so much talent yet have absolutely no chemistry. The Chargers have had the bitter resolution of the Tomlinson era, Mathews coming in and disappointing, VJax refusing to play because he wants more money, Marcus McNeil their LT holding out for more money, Tolbert and Mathews fighting for carries now (not a big deal but still those 2 can't be best buds), Floyd just being bitter because the team doesn't trust him enough to let go of VJax, Gates's plantar fascitis thing that has kept him out forever....the list goes on and on. Yet they have a helluva lot of talent. Rivers, Mathews, Gates, VJax, Floyd, Tolbert, McNeil, but I don't see how this team can win anything if Norv doesn't make some moves.

Perhaps Norv shoud BE :wacko: the move?

I, for one, always believed Vjackoff was overrated..............however................this year, I fell for the hype and had a chance to pair him up with Andre Johnson as my WR2. I thought, hellyea.........Rivers is going to have an MVP year.............yada yada yada. Perhaps Vjackoff is a top 10 WR...................

WRONG. Overrated.

everyone is "overrated" when things aren't going well.

its like Brett Favre from year to year or Tony Romo from week to week.

Rivers and VJax didn't just become crap suddenly.

They have each been very solid players with track records, especially Rivers.

Lots of factors go into a player's struggles. VJax has been injured for a few weeks.

Rivers did take a big shot against New England. There's changes on the offence.

I'll tell you who is overrated....that's Ryan Mathews. To lose Sproles, have an injured Gates and

have to rely on Mathews may be more of the reason for the struggles.

I haven't gotten to watch many Charger games this year, so I can't tell if the Chargers' offensive woes are a result of poor pass protection or what. I do know that Jackson is indeed one of the most talented WRs in the league and that he just doesn't magically suck overnight. His lack of production is tied more to the overall lack of production more than anything. Also, Rivers was lights out last year without Jackson. I'd be more inclined to believe Rivers is hurt and not admitting it.

I too consider him overrated and was just looking at his stats,

Receiving Rushing

Year Team G GS Recpt Yd Avg Lg TD Att Yd Avg Lg TD

2011 SD 7 7 27 472 17.5 55 3 1 1 1.0 1 0

3-year Average SD 12 12 47 838 17.8 58 6 3 31 10.3 19 0

Sorry don't have time to reformat it but you can look at his stats yourself on NFL or other sites.

Basically this year he is on pace with his 3 year average. 47rec, 838 yards 6TDs. His best year was 2009 with 68 rec, 1167 yards & 9TDs.

Not bad, but hardly top 5 WR or even top 10. Guy has never had 100 receptions, 1200 yards or 10TDs in a season.

He may talented as so many say, but he doesn't have the big numbers to back that up.

Ryan Mathews 30 342 11.4 42 0

Mike Tolbert 28 231 8.3 21 2

Vincent Jackson 27 472 17.5 55 3

Randy McMichael 20 187 9.4 30 0

Malcom Floyd 19 401 21.1 42 1

Antonio Gates 17 201 11.8 27 1

Patrick Crayton 11 113 10.3 23 0

Jacob Hester 6 28 4.7 9 0

Bryan Walters 3 27 9.0 13 0

Curtis Brinkley 3 24 8.0 20 0

Vincent Brown 2 26 13.0 20 0

Kory Sperry 1 32 32.0 32 0

those are pretty tacoty numbers for basically everyone tbh. there is no doubting vjax could be better, but there is clearly more there

Edited by coordi88

During last night's game there were several passes to VJax that he would've caught IF HE WAS EIGHT FEET TALL!!! Until Rivers improves his accuracy, VJax will be stuck in fantasy football limbo.

VJax looks slow and can't get separation. He saw a ton of man coverage against the Chiefs and couldn't beat it. Defenses have realized they don't even need to give him extra attention, because every corner he's played can totally take him out of the game. VJax is nothing more than average. He's just another guy, and a complete fantasy bust.

:wacko: bump

I'll eat crow. But to be fair, this game was one in which SD was behind by a LONG shot and forced to pass more than they would otherwise against a sub-par secondary. You could give up a decent amount of his targets to garbage time.

Plus, I started him anyway, so got the win! :tup:

Plus, I started him anyway, so got the win! :tup:

Yes, but your Dolphins won, screwing themselves out of Andrew Luck. Temper your enthusiasm with that, lol. :wacko:

I never thought the Fins would win the Luck sweepstakes anyway. They were ahead in too many games(that they squandered away late) to think they weren't going to win 2-3 of them over the season. The Colts, on the other hand, are just plain awful. I could send the eleven girls in my daughter's third grade class onto the field and they'd put up more resistance than the Colts defense.

Yes, but your Dolphins won, screwing themselves out of Andrew Luck. Temper your enthusiasm with that, lol. :wacko:

I never thought the Fins would win the Luck sweepstakes anyway. They were ahead in too many games(that they squandered away late) to think they weren't going to win 2-3 of them over the season. The Colts, on the other hand, are just plain awful. I could send the eleven girls in my daughter's third grade class onto the field and they'd put up more resistance than the Colts defense.

Yeah, I never was on board with the Suck for Luck fans who siphoned in like a sickness over on my Dolphins forum. The fact is that we're not bad enough to get him. I just wish it wasn't a team like the Colts who look to have cornered him. The Colts deserve to spend some time in NFL purgatory after the Manning stretch, and this seems a bit unfair.

I actually wrote a long post in that forum about how Luck was never ours to begin with, so stop whining. Basically the fact that most fans expected a 6-10, 7-9 season, a Sparano firing, a 1st Round QB ANYway, so how are we any worse off than we were in the offseason. Other than, of course, being a laughing stock and an embarrassment to the historic franchise that is the Miami Dolphins.

As a Fin fan I'll be content with Sparano and Ireland gone, and drafting a 1st Round franchise QB prospect - i.e. Barkley, Jones, RG3.