[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hakeem Nicks Week 9 injury thread

JUMbotron

http://www.thehuddle.com/nfl/player/9293/

Hakeem Nicks - WR - New York Giants Posted 11/2/11 5:23pm et

New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday, Nov. 2.

Huddle Up: Paul Dottino of WFAN appeared on NFL Network and said he believes Nicks "will miss a week or two." Mario Manningham was also held out of practice Wednesday with an illness but is expected to return Thursday.

great, just when I thought I got a good deal trading the injury prone Wells for Nicks, now Nicks becomes the injury prone guy while Wells managed to still do double digits against Balt....this season sucks!!!

Nicks missed 2 or 3 games last year. At least this year we know in advance instead of getting a big goose egg because he tried to play hurt.

Edited by Scorcher

I guess I need to pay more attention to my teams. When I read this thread I went to one league to see if I could make a quick offer of CJ for Cruz, thinking the guy might bite. I was too late though, when I looked up the Cruz owner I found out it was........

...............me! :wacko:

This is a good place for constantly updated Giants info. Guy's a beat writer:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/beat_wr...blog/index.html

He says Nicks was on the bike watching practice today... yesterday he didn't suit up... not much to draw from this yet. I think he will play, but you can check in here for practice reports tomorrow and Saturday

Agree but at least you know green is playing. I would go Nicks no doubt but with this huge guessing game, I need to be sure and play it safe with Green and Austin

This just proves to stay away from injury prone guys. Too high maintenance for me. Last time I draft the guy, plus he has really only one really good game. Nicks is pretty soft for being one of the biggest guys and most athletic guys on the field each week.

Guys that are injured a lot I guarantee you don't drink enough water, have a poor diet and likley don't stay in good shape in the off season.

This just proves to stay away from injury prone guys. Too high maintenance for me. Last time I draft the guy, plus he has really only one really good game. Nicks is pretty soft for being one of the biggest guys and most athletic guys on the field each week.

Guys that are injured a lot I guarantee you don't drink enough water, have a poor diet and likley don't stay in good shape in the off season.

totaly agree with you snoop but Nicks is borderline IMO. He was quoted saying that this season he wanted to finish all 16 games to prove to everyone and himself that he can last an entire season. That tell me he is a class act. Not to mention he doesn't cause any probems for his team or himself. This guy is a proven stud and I had to take him in the 2nd when he fell to me.

I have a list of players I tend to stay away from and Nicks isn't even close to being on it. If he misses this week and next but then returns for me for the playoffs I'm very very pleased at that point.

Edited by RJV

Sorry but injuries are just the cost of doing business in the NFL. Sure there are guys who do the wrong things. But for the vast majority, it's just the name of the game. Missing a game or two or three has become the norm.

The season is long and requires careful management to make the playoffs and beyond. Teams and players know that. Many things are factored in to a decision...their record, opponent, injury severity, remaining schedule, game plan, matchup etc. We're past the 'old school, tape 'em up and grit it out' era.

totaly agree with you snoop but Nicks is borderline IMO. He was quoted saying that this season he wanted to finish all 16 games to prove to everyone and himself that he can last an entire season. That tell me he is a class act. Not to mention he doesn't cause any probems for his team or himself. This guy is a proven stud and I had to take him in the 2nd when he fell to me.

I have a list of players I tend to stay away from and Nicks isn't even close to being on it. If he misses this week and next but then returns for me for the playoffs I'm very very pleased at that point.

good points