[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You won't need any Tryptophan to put you asleep at halftime this Thanksgiving.....

tazinib1

:tup:

Never understood why football fans care who performs at halftime of any game (even the Super Bowl). Its a football game, if they're not talking about football or showing highlights (or semi naked cheerleaders) at haltime its a good chance to make a snack, get a drink or take a quick nap.

Not to mention, what does this have to do with fantasy football? :wacko:

:tup:

Never understood why football fans care who performs at halftime of any game (even the Super Bowl). Its a football game, if they're not talking about football or showing highlights (or semi naked cheerleaders) at haltime its a good chance to make a snack, get a drink or take a quick nap.

Not to mention, what does this have to do with fantasy football? :wacko:

Maybe some people like to watch and listen to good music. And I agree, Nickelback is terrible and it's rather shameful that's the best they could do.

:wacko:

Beat me to it. If you care that much about music during a football game, put on a CD. And lol @ caring about it during the Thanksgiving game. My TV goes on mute as the 2Q ticks to zero and only comes back on after 2d half kickoff.

Nothing at all but stick around a while. There are many posts not relative to FF on this particular forum.

I guess I thought the forum name meant the threads had something to do about fantasy football. I know many individual posts don't have anything to do with FF (the jokes, the jabs, etc). But I figured when threads were started that they had something to do with FF (players, teams, schemes, coaching changes etc.) So I learned something new, thanks.

PS I do like to listen to good music, but that isn't why I watch a football game.

Look, I don't watch games for the halftime entertainment either. My point is, this is the first MEANINGFUL game for Detroit on Thanksgiving (A NATIONAL audience to boot) in a very, very long time. To diss the Detroit music industry with this selection is boarderline idiotic. Major fumble by the NFL. Thats all I'm saying...carry on.

Look, I don't watch games for the halftime entertainment either. My point is, this is the first MEANINGFUL game for Detroit on Thanksgiving (A NATIONAL audience to boot) in a very, very long time. To diss the Detroit music industry with this selection is boarderline idiotic. Major fumble by the NFL. Thats all I'm saying...carry on.

Fair enough. Who would you like to see? You mentioned the rich tradition of music in Detroit, that screams Motown to me. But most younger people don't know or care for that. Its the same discussion I hear about SB performers (too old, too bland, not mainstream enough etc.)

One more thing, is this really the NFLs decision, or is it the Lions? I didn't think the NFL had much control over things like this except for the SB?

Interesting, I was just searching for a little info about Nickleback and saw this

Detroit wants to disinvite Nickleback from Thanksgiving game

PS Forgot about Bob Seger, Nugent, etc. (I'd go with Seger, he's getting up there but I really like his music.)

I like Nickelback. And whether y'all like them or not, the fact is that they are very poular nationally, That's why they were selected - because they're current and relevant in today's music scene. So I actually think that's a good think for Detroit to say about itself as opposed to relying on "its roots". And they can only play the Kid Rock or Eminem card so often.

I'd much prefer listening to them than Nugent, Seger, or ANY Motown artist. That's for damn sure.

There are other artists I like more - Daughtry, Coldplay to name a couple, but I don't think Nickelback is a bad choice at all.

Edited by Cunning Runt

David: You know how I know you're ghey?

Cal: How? How do you know I'm ghey?

David: Because you macramed yourself a pair of jean shorts.

Cal: You know how I know *you're* ghey? You just told me you're not sleeping with women any more.

Cal: How? Cause you're ghey? And you can tell who other ghey people are?

Cal: How?

David: You like Coldplay Nickelback.

Cal: How? How do you know I'm ghey?

David: Because you macramed yourself a pair of jean shorts.

Cal: You know how I know *you're* ghey? You just told me you're not sleeping with women any more.

Cal: How? Cause you're ghey? And you can tell who other ghey people are?

Cal: How?

David: You like Coldplay Nickelback.

I like 'em both and I KNOW I'm not ghey.

I have my own thoughts about people that like certain kinds of music.

Fair enough. Who would you like to see? You mentioned the rich tradition of music in Detroit, that screams Motown to me. But most younger people don't know or care for that. Its the same discussion I hear about SB performers (too old, too bland, not mainstream enough etc.)

Yeah, about the only Detroit guys I can think of (and I'm admittedly out of the loop) who have the broad appeal and cultural currency are Kid Rock (who for my money sucks as much as Nickelback) and Eminem (I think Roger Goodell would faint at the mere thought of Eminem doing a nationally broadcast NFL halftime show).

I guess I thought the forum name meant the threads had something to do about fantasy football. I know many individual posts don't have anything to do with FF (the jokes, the jabs, etc). But I figured when threads were started that they had something to do with FF (players, teams, schemes, coaching changes etc.) So I learned something new, thanks.

PS I do like to listen to good music, but that isn't why I watch a football game.

you figured wrong...young padawan