[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You won't need any Tryptophan to put you asleep at halftime this Thanksgiving.....

tazinib1

there made because they want a band from Detroit to play. There are plenty good bands from Detroit, why have a Canadian band that most people don't like sing at halftime?

Because they're trying to appeal to the masses and whether you care to believe it or not, a lot of people, myself included, like Nickelback.

That all said, I also happen to agree that a halftime show is unnecessary and I almost definitely will not even watch it.

there made because they want a band from Detroit to play. There are plenty good bands from Detroit, why have a Canadian band that most people don't like sing at halftime?

I think Nickelback are a bunch of hacks, but to say "people don't like them" is probably wrong - their last album went triple platinum; the album for that sold 8 million copies. And those are just US sales.

They're pretty popular. More popular, by albums sold, than, say Pearl Jam or Justin Timberlake.

I dont care about Nickleback or Half-time shows...

Most of the Football Fans on here also do not care about other peoples opinion about Nickleback or Half-Time shows.

I dont know about you but I come here for football info and this provides no football information... and looks like a soapbox for someones point of view.

:wacko:

Forum description:

For fantasy football fanatics to share strategies, discuss hot topics, give opinions or just shoot the breeze about the NFL.

I'd say since it pertains to the NFL, it's fodder. If the board was spammed with a dozen topics on Nickelback playing halftime in Detroit, I'd agree it's out of hand. One topic? Not so much.

There's also the view that you don't need to click on any particular topic, nor continue to read it once you've clicked on it.

Meh.

I don't typically watch halftime shows. The only one that I can really remember was Prince at the Super Bowl.

The irony is the Detroit is a strong, important market for Nickelback. I wonder if the powers that be who planned the thing took that into account.

Halftime shows are for women.

This.

Men go collect more beer, chew on more turkey and go take a leak, not necessarily in that order. HT shows are a form of entertainment higher only than reality TV shows, and then only by the barest margin.

If you want music on TV, check out Palladia.

This.

Men go collect more beer, chew on more turkey and go take a leak, not necessarily in that order. HT shows are a form of entertainment higher only than reality TV shows, and then only by the barest margin.

If you want music on TV, check out Palladia.

Pretty much and that's why they book a band like Nickelback.

Keep sharing opinions, and I'll keep sharing mine. I'll bring a rational thought and be the guy to stop the unwarrented hate. They, regardless of your opinion, are one of the best selling bands in the past 7 years,

If you read my posts, you'll see that I'm pretty well in agreement with you as far as Nickelback (don't listen to them, they're immensely popular);

As far as getting worked up about halftime shows, I agree it's stupid. I'm not the brightest or most capable guy in the world, but I find I'm able to walk away from, mute, or even TURN THE CHANNEL to something else for about 10-15 minutes. But I'm full of revolutionary concepts like that.

As far as getting worked up about halftime shows, I agree it's stupid. I'm not the brightest or most capable guy in the world, but I find I'm able to walk away from, mute, or even TURN THE CHANNEL to something else for about 10-15 minutes. But I'm full of revolutionary concepts like that.

:wacko:

Yep, halftime shows are for the women and children, which is why they go for a band like Nickelback. The men are going to tune to that channel anyways, now they get women and children as well. The women can hold hands and sing along.

It's Detroit. Motown should have been the selection. Nickelback>Motown? To each their own I suppose.

They should get a Magician and a Clown, and have them fight in classic Kirk/Spock style. I suppose they could play some Nickleback in the background (you know, for the ladies). :wacko:

Aaron Rogers puts on his robe and wizard hat while Matt Stafford dons his oversize shoes, multi colored wig, and rubber nose.................

If only Nickelback could play the fight music from that episode of Star Trek..............