[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 9 JUMbotron

JUMbotron

Oak D has been a hot WW pickup in my leagues this week...maybe cause most dumped them because of their bye and are picking them back up but some have lost them

I picked up Oak D this week since Lions are on bye. I refused to drop the Lions D which goes against my fantasy strategy (carrying 2 def).

Andre Johnson out.

He won't be back until Week 12 at earliest now.

So you figure they rest him one more week and then the week 11 bye, so he's healthy for the last 6 games? Makes sense, not like anybody else in the AFC south will give them a big challenge for the division title.

I'm rolling with Walter (not much other options) this week, and see he's questionable. But with AJ out I can't see how he doesn't play. I expect Texans use a heavy dose of Foster running, the Browns pass D is one of the best in the league (at least statistically).

Frankly I'm wondering if that hamstring surgery didn't essentially torpedo the whole damn season for AJ. I'm going to do more research about the procedure he had.

I would not want to own him right now. Hammy injuries are tricky and this one may linger.

Frankly I'm wondering if that hamstring surgery didn't essentially torpedo the whole damn season for AJ. I'm going to do more research about the procedure he had.

seems you are implying his surgery was more harmful than the injury?

dunno how that could be, especially with the likelihood of them lying about the severity of his injury

seems you are implying his surgery was more harmful than the injury?

dunno how that could be, especially with the likelihood of them lying about the severity of his injury

It's all the same - the surgery matches the injury. I want to know more about the distal tendon.

I don't think Kubiak has lied about anything. AJ can't cut it loose - still - after 5 weeks.

quick google search brought up this from the orthopedic association of america website..

Most hamstring injuries occur in the thick part of the muscle or where the muscle fibers join tendon fibers.

In the most severe hamstring injuries, the tendon tears completely away from the bone. It may even pull a piece of bone away with it. This is called an avulsion injury.

seems like he could have had a very severe injury here but it was implied that he had a very minor surgery

So you figure they rest him one more week and then the week 11 bye, so he's healthy for the last 6 games? Makes sense, not like anybody else in the AFC south will give them a big challenge for the division title.

I'm rolling with Walter (not much other options) this week, and see he's questionable. But with AJ out I can't see how he doesn't play. I expect Texans use a heavy dose of Foster running, the Browns pass D is one of the best in the league (at least statistically).

Walter was on the radio this morning and said he was playing, fwiw. He also gives out full-size candy bars to tricker-treaters.

Here's some info:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00408

Key phrase near the bottom of the article:

"Distal hamstring reattachments require approximately 3 months of rehabilitation before returning to athletic activities. "

Stick a fork in him....

That's assuming not being on the sauce during that time!

Here's some info:

"Distal hamstring reattachments require approximately 3 months of rehabilitation before returning to athletic activities. "

Stick a fork in him....

That may be the case, but I'm guessing that a world class athlete like Johnson may well be able to cut some time off that because his condition was so good going in and he has nothing to do BUT rehab it under very closely monitiored care.

quick google search brought up this from the orthopedic association of america website..

seems like he could have had a very severe injury here but it was implied that he had a very minor surgery

Here's some info:

Stick a fork in him....

What correlation, if any, have you guys made between all of this information and the actual injury suffered by Andre Johnson?

"....but it was implied that he had a very minor surgery."

When has a team ever come out and said "It was a major, invasive procedure" ?

this is why i said it was likely they lied about the extent of the procedure. I remember seeing a report to have a minor repair on his tendon a while back, but what I found said he had a minor surgery to repair scar tissue from a previous injury, so dunno where I got that idea from.

Muscle is strong, it is broken down to be built up. When you start saying tendons I think of tape... and chronic problems

Edited by coordi88