[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hillis

Marauders11

:wacko:

Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my flame war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the Huddle and I see all those maggots at the FF board, protesting me, spitting. Calling me arrogant ass and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

Your best post ever! seriously.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hillis Slowly Losing Support in Browns Locker Room."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-s...ct_browns110411

As to Hillis’ situation, Heckert said, “We’ve had numerous conversations. We were so far apart that [talks broke off]. It’s not like it’s a dead deal, but let’s see how he plays the rest of the season and then reassess. There’s a ton of time.”

Wow, look at that. The team's general manager suggests that the amount they want to pay Hillis will depend on how he does the rest of the year. Hillis knows he has to play well to get paid, and while attempting to do so, he reinjures his hamstring. I don't see anything in the story to support the "Hillis is faking" argument. If anything, it says he's so consumed with getting a new contract that he risked his health to do so and hurt his team's chances at success in the process -- which is dumb, but not unheard of.

Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my flame war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the Huddle and I see all those maggots at the FF board, protesting me, spitting. Calling me arrogant ass and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:lol::tup:

What was that crack about tipping being a big scam?

Let's talk about that. It will be more intresting than this pissing contest.

I like to tip people who give me good service. The better they do their job, the more money they make. Can you imagine what service would be like if waitresses got paid a flat fee by the hour?

Large cans increase the tip. Waving said cans in my face increases the tip exponentially. Talk amongst yourselves.

Do you realize how many people do their job while getting paid a flat rate? Here's a hint, the vast majority.

Do you make a salary? Get paid by the hour?

Assuming either is true, then one of two things are also true.

1) You somehow find it in yourself to show up and do your job despite the fact that your compensation is not based on some arbitrary determination from someone else.

2) You loaf it all day because you don't care since you get paid the same either way.

So, either you're a hypocrite because you think someone won't work hard if they know they're getting paid the same or you're a hypocrite because you're a lazy bastage and don't want others being lazy bastages as well.

Let me tell you what would happen if we did away with tips, waiters got paid by the hour, and some started giving crappy service. The same thing that happens when cooks in these restaurants, who do get paid a flat rate by the hour start doing a crappy job. They'd get fired and replaced with someone who is willing to do the work.

It's really not that hard.

Edited by detlef

Do you realize how many people do their job while getting paid a flat rate? Here's a hint, the vast majority.

Do you make a salary? Get paid by the hour?

Assuming either is true, then one of two things are also true.

1) You somehow find it in yourself to show up and do your job despite the fact that your compensation is not based on some arbitrary determination from someone else.

2) You loaf it all day because you don't care since you get paid the same either way.

So, either you're a hypocrite because you think someone won't work hard if they know they're getting paid the same or you're a hypocrite because you're a lazy bastage and don't want others being lazy bastages as well.

Let me tell you what would happen if we did away with tips, waiters got paid by the hour, and some started giving crappy service. The same thing that happens when cooks in these restaurants, who do get paid a flat rate by the hour start doing a crappy job. They'd get fired and replaced with someone who is willing to do the work.

It's really not that hard.

I am a business owner. The harder I work or my people work, the more I get paid. I pay my employees a bonus based on production. So the more money I make, the more they make. pretty simple.

I don't know why I offended you, but I feel people work harder and do a better job if they get paid more to do an excellent job. I don't see how that makes me a hypocrite.

Even in a salaried position you have incentive to do a better job. Raises. Promotion. Bonuses. What is a wiatress making $8 an hour looking to be promoted to?

Perhaps my chosen career path (mostly sales) skews my opinion. I did the corporate thing for a while and I just didn't see many people stretching to be excellent. It may just be a matter of personality type. I didn't like having my income capped by a set salary. Some people may be OK with it because of the security aspect of it.

I wasn't really looking to piss anyone off. I just have never heard anyoe disagree with "tipping". Seemed a bit random to me and I was curious.

I hope your day gets better....

I imagine that if waiters/waitresses were paid a flat rate, the price of meals would go up to compensate for the higher costs of those who operate restaurants.

Exactly. But it's easier for the restaurant owners to keep it this way because they have less to lose? Fargin' Bastages! Or is it Fargin' Iceholes!

Edited by SNOWBOUND33

I am a business owner. The harder I work or my people work, the more I get paid. I pay my employees a bonus based on production. So the more money I make, the more they make. pretty simple.

I don't know why I offended you, but I feel people work harder and do a better job if they get paid more to do an excellent job. I don't see how that makes me a hypocrite.

Even in a salaried position you have incentive to do a better job. Raises. Promotion. Bonuses. What is a wiatress making $8 an hour looking to be promoted to?

Perhaps my chosen career path (mostly sales) skews my opinion. I did the corporate thing for a while and I just didn't see many people stretching to be excellent. It may just be a matter of personality type. I didn't like having my income capped by a set salary. Some people may be OK with it because of the security aspect of it.

I wasn't really looking to piss anyone off. I just have never heard anyoe disagree with "tipping". Seemed a bit random to me and I was curious.

That line of reasoning ticks me off because it implies that nobody will do a good job unless you dangle a carrot like that in front of them.

You're employees are not subject to the random evaluation of any old person. If you, their boss, is making money, you've agreed that you'll pay them as well. If you're having a bad day on pay day, they don't get stiffed. If they took the job under that assumption and you kept finding stupid reasons not to honor your end of it, they'd know that they'd be well served to go work for someone who will honor their end of the deal. A waiter does not have that luxury, they just have to hope that they're not serving Mr. Pink. They don't know whether them doing a great job is going to result in a good tip, or a hearty handshake and a thank you, "and here's a few bucks for your trouble".

Regardless, what incentive would a waitress have to do a good job if she was making $8 an hour? Well, assuming that the tipping system was done away with and waiters were getting paid entirely by their restaurants, then better restaurants would likely pay their waiters better because they brought in more money. So, that's how she could move up in the world. It's basically how it works now. You start off in the business either bussing tables or working for a chight hole. Then you get good and get a gig at a place where you can make better money.

I imagine that if waiters/waitresses were paid a flat rate, the price of meals would go up to compensate for the higher costs of those who operate restaurants.

only to maintain overcompensated salary. jobs are pyramid schemes too

Exactly. But it's easier for the restaurant owners to keep it this way because they have less to lose? Fargin' Bastages! Or is it Fargin' Iceholes!

Restaurants would make more money if tipping was done away with.

Yeah I agree with you on some of this. I can't stand a set income. That is why I own my own corporation. If I were a waiter I would want the tips I guess.

lol i wrote a paper on tipping about a year ago and presented it as a negative just because you hardly hear it presented as anything but a necessary evil.

i really have no problem with tipping. i do have a problem with employers paying employees 1/3rd of minimum wage because of the expectation that we will pay 15-20% on top of 60$+ meals. not to mention the cook makes my meal and in my mind deserve the tip.... if deserved at all

It is like this in Japan. Once you get a table it is yours for the night if you want it. It's awesome. Order beers/sake/food as you feel like it with zero concern about turn-over.

The other good part is no seperate checks. Eliminates the d'bags at the door. :wacko:

You're assuming he's a smart, savvy guy. Has an pro athlete never made a bad decision that negatively impacted his career? Maybe he's a dumb, stubborn jock who's made some bad decisions. I bet he'll be put on IR, and rumors will start to leak out that there was more going on than what's being reported. Maybe I'm wrong, but there's been too many red flags this year with this guy.

That isn't what I am assuming.

You know, just when I'm about to completely give up all hope for you, you manage to put forth some sage wisdom.

I repeat: you said wise wisdom.

I just take an occasional shot at you because you are an arrogant ass and you started it with me. You drew first blood, not me!

reminds me of this post from another forum awhile back...

"So, my wife is working part time as a waitress while she is going to school. My sister is also a former waitress who has worked everywhere from IHOP to fine dining where people are "career waiters".

Anyway, I am shocked to find out what goes on and how much of tacos people are. I think all people should go to a "how to act at a restaurant class" in high school or maybe take a course where you can get a license to allow you to be able to enter a restaurant. The more I learn, I think that what should be common knowledge is sparse amongst people that eat out.

First off, in Louisiana and many other states, wait staff gets paid $2.13 an hour (or similar). The restaurant gets by the "minimum wage" requirement by counting tips as inclusive of your hourly wage. So, the diptacos that have the mentality "why should I leave a tip? What are they paid for?" should be beaten. Waiters have to tip out the bartender, the bus boys, the food runners, and the hostesses out of 3% of the food sales, regardless if they got a tip. So, if you tip your waiter $5 off of a $100 meal, they will get $2 for the hour they slaved over your table in addition to the $2.13 (or just $2.13 if you are a cheap Chili Con Queso). So, when you tip, the waiter is only going to get a percentage of that (which is also entered into a computer and taxed).

If you go to a restaurant and don't have enough for a tip, you can't afford to eat at the restaurant. Both my wife and my sister have had countless tales of really nice customers who apologize that they will "tip extra well" next time because they didn't bring enough for a tip. Tip 15% minimum and 20% (round up) if its really good service. 10% for take out orders is proper. Bitch all ya want, but that is how its done if you have a crumb of class.

Next, when a waiter comes to your table to take your order at a big table, let them come around and take all of your orders in order. Don't bark out orders haphazardly amongst the table. They have a numbered pad that requires everyone to go in order so the food goes to the right person.

Remember your waiter has other tables and is not "dicking around" somewhere else. Sometimes the hostesses burrito up and seat people wrong. Sometimes the kitchen burritos up. Sometimes people quit and the restaurant is running under-staffed. Don't take it out on your waiter if things are going as smooth as you wanted. Be reasonable...think about reality. Look at the big picture and quit being a dick.

Don't snap your fingers at waiters. Don't belittle or cuss at your waiter. Don't project your tacoty day on people who more often than not have tacoty days.

Well, there ya go. Feel free to chime in if you have something to add. I think a lot of people have had tacoty waiters, but more often than not you have waiters that want to do your table well so you are happy (the owner is happy) and they get a good tip. If things seems crappy from your perspective, give em the benefit of the doubt. Its a tough job and most make very little money while they feed their kids as a single mom or keep their POS Tercell running for one more week. Have a heart."

lol i wrote a paper on tipping about a year ago and presented it as a negative just because you hardly hear it presented as anything but a necessary evil.

i really have no problem with tipping. i do have a problem with employers paying employees 1/3rd of minimum wage because of the expectation that we will pay 15-20% on top of 60$+ meals. not to mention the cook makes my meal and in my mind deserve the tip.... if deserved at all

When I worked as a cook, my waitresses would tip me because if I made the food well, they made more money.

I expect to leave a tip as part of the cost of the meal. I also tip valets, baggage handlers, bartenders, and as many people as I can if they give me good service. They are working in low paying jobs and deserve to be compensated for hard work.

I really don't understand the beef with tipping. Waitstaff understand some people won't tip no matter how well you treat them. It is part of the job.

Not s neccesary evil. Just part of the system.

"So, my wife is working part time as a waitress while she is going to school. My sister is also a former waitress who has worked everywhere from IHOP to fine dining where people are "career waiters".

Anyway, I am shocked to find out what goes on and how much of tacos people are. I think all people should go to a "how to act at a restaurant class" in high school or maybe take a course where you can get a license to allow you to be able to enter a restaurant. The more I learn, I think that what should be common knowledge is sparse amongst people that eat out.

First off, in Louisiana and many other states, wait staff gets paid $2.13 an hour (or similar). The restaurant gets by the "minimum wage" requirement by counting tips as inclusive of your hourly wage. So, the diptacos that have the mentality "why should I leave a tip? What are they paid for?" should be beaten. Waiters have to tip out the bartender, the bus boys, the food runners, and the hostesses out of 3% of the food sales, regardless if they got a tip. So, if you tip your waiter $5 off of a $100 meal, they will get $2 for the hour they slaved over your table in addition to the $2.13 (or just $2.13 if you are a cheap Chili Con Queso). So, when you tip, the waiter is only going to get a percentage of that (which is also entered into a computer and taxed).

If you go to a restaurant and don't have enough for a tip, you can't afford to eat at the restaurant. Both my wife and my sister have had countless tales of really nice customers who apologize that they will "tip extra well" next time because they didn't bring enough for a tip. Tip 15% minimum and 20% (round up) if its really good service. 10% for take out orders is proper. Bitch all ya want, but that is how its done if you have a crumb of class.

Next, when a waiter comes to your table to take your order at a big table, let them come around and take all of your orders in order. Don't bark out orders haphazardly amongst the table. They have a numbered pad that requires everyone to go in order so the food goes to the right person.

Remember your waiter has other tables and is not "dicking around" somewhere else. Sometimes the hostesses burrito up and seat people wrong. Sometimes the kitchen burritos up. Sometimes people quit and the restaurant is running under-staffed. Don't take it out on your waiter if things are going as smooth as you wanted. Be reasonable...think about reality. Look at the big picture and quit being a dick.

Don't snap your fingers at waiters. Don't belittle or cuss at your waiter. Don't project your tacoty day on people who more often than not have tacoty days.

Well, there ya go. Feel free to chime in if you have something to add. I think a lot of people have had tacoty waiters, but more often than not you have waiters that want to do your table well so you are happy (the owner is happy) and they get a good tip. If things seems crappy from your perspective, give em the benefit of the doubt. Its a tough job and most make very little money while they feed their kids as a single mom or keep their POS Tercell running for one more week. Have a heart."

Well everybody is entitled to their opinion so here is mine.

First off one of the basic problems with tipping is this

"Tip 15% minimum and 20% (round up) if its really good service. 10% for take out orders is proper. Bitch all ya want, but that is how its done if you have a crumb of class."

So even if the service is terrible we still tip 15%, sorry but that's BS. If I get really bad service (it happens at times) then the tip is lower, or none at all. I'm not talking about things like the food not being ready quick enough or other issues with the quality. Things like checking back after brining the food, seeing if I need a refill on my beverage etc. So I guess in your view I have no class, BFD.

Second, is this

"So, if you tip your waiter $5 off of a $100 meal, they will get $2 for the hour they slaved over your table"

coupled with this

"Remember your waiter has other tables and is not "dicking around" somewhere else."

Which is it, slaving over my my table or do they have other tables. Because if they're covering 5-10 tables, they aren't spending much of that hour serving my table.

I try to be fair and tip appropriately, but this post calling people dicks, and not having class because they don't just hand over an extra 15-20% on top of every meal regardless of service is pretty classless in itself. While you may not have written it, you sure seem to endorse every point of it.

Some people are pricks and never tip, which is pretty tacoty. But most people tip the standard 15% or more if the service is good. But I wouldn't judge somebody for leaving a lower tip without knowing more about the situation.

What really sucks is how the business owners operate, paying crap wages and expecting their customers to pick up the rest of the wages by tipping.

PS Anybody ever see the 3rd Rock episode where Dick (John Lithgow) put a stack of singles ont the table as the potential tip, and then moved them back and forth to the actual tip pile based on service.

PPS Now back to the regularly schedule program, and updates on Hillis...

When I worked as a cook, my waitresses would tip me because if I made the food well, they made more money.

I expect to leave a tip as part of the cost of the meal. I also tip valets, baggage handlers, bartenders, and as many people as I can if they give me good service. They are working in low paying jobs and deserve to be compensated for hard work.

I really don't understand the beef with tipping. Waitstaff understand some people won't tip no matter how well you treat them. It is part of the job.

Not s neccesary evil. Just part of the system.

tipping was originated to ensure quality service. it has become so expected, that it no longer ensures quality service, it ensures an employees pay. how is that in any way the responsibility of the customer? in some secondhand manner, perhaps, but not in the way it is presented.

i do not know any servers who tip out to anyone but themselves. i do know some stripper who have to tip the tenders, servers, DJs, and doormen though...

Reports are that the Browns will now let Hillis walk via FA in 2012. He also just had a mini intervention with 8 vets about his contract status. Basically, shut up and play kid, we need ya. I don't know what is going on with the kid, be it a mixture of some nagging injuries and his head being screwed because of his displeasure over his contract, but he isn't right this year. Not even close.

My mind started to wander after you said "people that eat out."

I would tip that person well.