[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John Skelton

nelsosi

I'm starting to wonder if it's Fitz and NOT the QB issue that has caused his demise. Has anyone seen the "Football Life" about Kurt Warner? In it Warner and Fitz talk abou Fitz's lack of desire to be excellent early on. Apparently, Fitz was content with being just good and it was Warner who explained to him that he should strive to be his best. I dunno, just something to think about. There have been other WRs who have got it done with bad QBs. Just a thought.

I'm starting to wonder if it's Fitz and NOT the QB issue that has caused his demise. Has anyone seen the "Football Life" about Kurt Warner? In it Warner and Fitz talk abou Fitz's lack of desire to be excellent early on. Apparently, Fitz was content with being just good and it was Warner who explained to him that he should strive to be his best. I dunno, just something to think about. There have been other WRs who have got it done with bad QBs. Just a thought.

I did see that special, but don't recall Fitz being as bad last year. He may be part of the problem, but the bad QB play, erratic running game and losss of Boldin on the other side is cause for most of his struggles.

I did see that special, but don't recall Fitz being as bad last year. He may be part of the problem, but the bad QB play, erratic running game and losss of Boldin on the other side is cause for most of his struggles.

Agreed. Watch any Cardinal game and you'll notice a few things. One, the o-line sucks. Kolb is running for his life on 2/3's or more of his drop backs. Two, even when not pressured greatly Kolb has happy feet. He doesn't seem to set and throw. I see a lot of passes thrown off his back foot. Three, the defenses do everything to take Fitz out of the game, since none of the other Cardinal receivers have yet to make anyone pay for it.

Maybe that was the case early on in his career, but I don't think you can say that's been the case since before Warner.... Fitz is known to work as hard as anyone at improving his craft, and his yearly football camp has become a pretty solid predictor of success from it's up-and-coming participants.

He's been pretty vocal about them getting a QB who can get him the ball (you can absolutely bank on the idea that went out and got Kolb to help retain him when he becomes a free agent after this year). Add the QB woes to no other weapons that draw anywhere near the respect that defenses give him, and I certainly don't think you can blame him...